Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Doctor Venkman
Hairy Biker wrote:Anybody else have issues standing these figures up? Even with figure stands they keep falling flat on their faces.
They do fall a lot. Dana is impossible, even with a stand. I just have to lean her against an obelisk. Literally, she falls over immediately if I try to stand her up.

The stands I bought seem to work ok. They used to fall a lot, but actually less so now.
By 910dohead
Wave 4 is starting to show up at stores. I was at my local TRU and there they were; Gozer, Peck & Slimed Venkman. They had them for $14.99 which is $2 higher than what they used to be. Maybe because of Christmas? Get them last few dollars out of us this holiday season? I would also check your local comic book shop for the deluxe versions with the diorama pieces. I don't know if those are coming a little later? I would do so now just so you don't miss out for those of you who didn't pre-order online. Anyways, Gozer and Peck look great but I still can't get over that face on Slimed Venkman.
By Josh Foote
Doctor Venkman wrote:
Hairy Biker wrote:Anybody else have issues standing these figures up? Even with figure stands they keep falling flat on their faces.
They do fall a lot. Dana is impossible, even with a stand. I just have to lean her against an obelisk. Literally, she falls over immediately if I try to stand her up.

The stands I bought seem to work ok. They used to fall a lot, but actually less so now.
What stands did you buy for these?
By Just Russ
FYI, GameStop is having a clearance sale (buy 1, get 1 free). I had to place two orders to get three ghostbusters and Tully, but it was still cheaper than buying direct. I'll have to go out today looking for Venkman.

Typical.
By Doctor Venkman
Josh Foote wrote:
Doctor Venkman wrote:

Mod can remove if not allowed, but if you just search "GI JOE Clear Vintage Action Figure Stands - Protech Sealed pack of 10" any of those are basically what I ordered.
Josh Foote liked this
By Havoc0213
Saw Peck and Gozer last night. Peck looks good but Gozer didn't impress me at all.

The fist thing I noticed was that her head was drastically lighter in color than her body. Not saying that I expect the same shade, but to me that difference looked odd. Then I noticed that the extra head she comes with looks virtually the same as the one on the body. The only difference I could really see in them is that one has a sliver of white paint to make it look like her lips are parted a little while the other has her teeth painted red to look like her mouth is closed.

If you're not concerned with price or the diorama pieces you get with the DST figures, NECA is definitely the way to go for Gozer.
By 910dohead
It looks like the wave 4 diorama figures are starting to show up online and in specialty stores. The next wave of pieces that are included seem to be as followed:

I am not sure how Diamond Select are going to pack-in the final pieces for wave 5 (Eleanor Twitty/Taxi Cab Ghost/Terror Dog). The roof appears to be 2 separate parts so it's a guess on whether they'll be packaged together or individually? My guess is they'll be released together with the backdrop being an individual pack-in. The other stone terror dog and spire will probably be released the same way it is with Slimed Venkman. The wonderful part about wave 4 is that this diorama can finally be put together (sans roof)!

I am curious as to what plans (if any) that DS may have regarding the line post wave 5? Will they tackle GB2 with some sort of collect-and-connect playset? I hope so because I really would like to finally see a Janosz figure. I would also like to see an accessory pack that would accompany this first series. Maybe a desk or a containment unit along with some Clortho pieces that we didn't get, extra streams, traps, goggles, etc. Maybe some cool themed stands for them?

Also note, this is an expensive month for Ghostbusters collectibles. DST Wave 4 along with the Bandai Rowan and S.H. Figuarts Stay Puft are going to kick your wallet in the nuts! They are all slated for release this month. No word yet on those though. There is probably something else coming out too that I am forgetting?
By 910dohead
That desk and computer is awesome. How much does something like that cost to produce. You should offer those up because I would give you some money for one.
By Croker
910dohead wrote:That desk and computer is awesome. How much does something like that cost to produce. You should offer those up because I would give you some money for one.
Cheers man,

Well I don't think I'm allowed to openly sell on this page.
By Kingpin
A Supporting Membership (which is the only requirement for selling through the forum at the moment) can either be earned through contributing/maintaining the GBFans Wiki, or bought through the store/profile options.
By PeteVenkman_Jedi
910dohead wrote: I am not sure how Diamond Select are going to pack-in the final pieces for wave 5 (Eleanor Twitty/Taxi Cab Ghost/Terror Dog). The roof appears to be 2 separate parts so it's a guess on whether they'll be packaged together or individually? My guess is they'll be released together with the backdrop being an individual pack-in. The other stone terror dog and spire will probably be released the same way it is with Slimed Venkman. The wonderful part about wave 4 is that this diorama can finally be put together (sans roof)!
As far as I understand the Terror Dog does not come with a diorama piece as you need to buy two of them to complete the set.
By Havoc0213
PeteVenkman_Jedi wrote:
As far as I understand the Terror Dog does not come with a diorama piece as you need to buy two of them to complete the set.
That would make sense at this point. Up until the release of this latest wave I had figured that the Terror Dog would come with a part we needed duplicates of, such as the two front Obelisks. If they were to pick any of the remaining parts to go with the Terror Dog, we'd end up with a useless duplicate of something. That is unless that very top piece will be two parts and are double sided. Doubt it, though.

The question now is, how will they release the Terror Dog? Will we get some accessory that makes picking up the Select version worth the $25 price tag or will it come with nothing and be no different than the basic Toys R us release?
By Havoc0213
A cardboard backdrop may be something I would pass on. It would have to be folded multiple times in order to fit the packaging and I don't think it would carry the same value as a solid diorama piece to make spending $25 worth it. I may try to recreate the backdrop on my own, especially minus the terror dogs since I'd be using the figures.
By Croker
Havoc0213 wrote:A cardboard backdrop may be something I would pass on. It would have to be folded multiple times in order to fit the packaging and I don't think it would carry the same value as a solid diorama piece to make spending $25 worth it. I may try to recreate the backdrop on my own, especially minus the terror dogs since I'd be using the figures.
From an earlier post.
DSTZach wrote:
The pegs on the back of the gate pieces are to hold the vinyl lenticular backdrop that will come with the Terror Dog. The one at NYCC was a production backdrop. The gate pieces should also have holes on the sides that can accomodate Slimer's support stand, as well as the Library Ghost's. I haven't seen anyone try it out, not sure people know about it. They were added after we completed the instructions, I believe.

So something like this.

Havoc0213 liked this
By Travis Burrell
Okay so Im a bit confused.....

So some places like Toys R Us I am seeing these at $13.00...

but other places like online I am seeing these at more like $30.00....

Could someone please help explain the differences of the packaging and why?
By Travis Burrell
Croker wrote:The $13 one doesn't have the diorama pieces.

Doesn't have the background? Okay? What else does it not have in the $13 one? It has the stand for the character and everything. Just not the background?
By ccv66
They one's with diarama are initially priced at $24 dollars. So your playing $10 extra for the diarama or $150 when complete with rooftop.. If you dont plan on buying every figure in the series than its a waste of your money.

...might see spending the extra money to get the terror dog statues or danas bench. Ill probably buy both priced terror dogs just so i can display zuul and vinz clortho
Last edited by ccv66 on January 10th, 2017, 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Havoc0213
Croker wrote:
Havoc0213 wrote:A cardboard backdrop may be something I would pass on. It would have to be folded multiple times in order to fit the packaging and I don't think it would carry the same value as a solid diorama piece to make spending $25 worth it. I may try to recreate the backdrop on my own, especially minus the terror dogs since I'd be using the figures.
From an earlier post.
DSTZach wrote:
The pegs on the back of the gate pieces are to hold the vinyl lenticular backdrop that will come with the Terror Dog. The one at NYCC was a production backdrop. The gate pieces should also have holes on the sides that can accomodate Slimer's support stand, as well as the Library Ghost's. I haven't seen anyone try it out, not sure people know about it. They were added after we completed the instructions, I believe.

So something like this.

Ah, so it's lenticular and not just a piece of cardboard with a printed image. I suppose that makes it a little nicer. Thanks for the follow up, I missed that post completely.
By ccv66
I was thinking it was getting a little crowded too and thats not including the next series which ill probably buy two terror dogs. Very happy with the set . minus slimers arms, Egons head and only one trap
By Josh Foote
Doctor Venkman wrote:
Josh Foote wrote:
Mod can remove if not allowed, but if you just search "GI JOE Clear Vintage Action Figure Stands - Protech Sealed pack of 10" any of those are basically what I ordered.
Thank you!

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]