Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By ShiftyHenry
DST replied to me on instagram. It's going to be 15 pieces spread across series 6-10. That's a lot of pieces for just the first floor considering the size of the roof top pieces.
By ShiftyHenry
I came up with
Court room Ray
Court room Egon
Court room Peter
Vigo
Poha
Slimeblower Winston
Slimeblower Ray
Khaki Egon
Khaki Peter
GB Louis
Janine
Nunzio
Tony
Jogger Ghost
Bus driver slimer
By Havoc0213
Odd, I actually forgot about courtroom variants... This changes things lol

So, I'm thinking, now it could be:

Khaki Egon
Khaki Peter
Khaki Ray (Slime Blower)
Khaki Winston (Slime Blower)
GB2 Janine
Spengler Jumpsuit Louis
Dana and Oscar
Courtroom Ray
Courtroom Egon
Courtroom Peter
Bus Driver Slimer or Theater Ghost (Maybe both?)
Nunzio Scoleri
Tony Scoleri
Janosz
Vigo

Gotta have the guys in suits to battle the Scoleri brothers lol
I still stick with my idea of the charcoal suits being comic-con variants.
By christphern
Yeah, there's no way it'll be the whole front of the firehouse. To be in scale with the Mattel figures (like the rooftop diorama was), it'd have to be about 6 feet tall, if I remember right, and about 3 feet wide (and if it were to be the whole building for reference, it would have to be 9 feet deep). There's no way that's happening in one series, if at all.

Honestly, I'd have preferred the museum or courtroom, heck even the basement with containment unit, to 1/3 of the front of the firehouse.
By ccv66
I think we'll get 4 charcoal , 2 khaki, 2 slime blowers, 2 scoeri brothers, Vigo, janosz, Dana, Tully. Then have the court room busters as exclusives
By 910dohead
I am really thankful the first movie figures did well enough to warrant continuation into the second film. Vigo looks great and I am excited that we are going to finally see a Janosz figure. I am going to guess that the initial 15 figures are going to be very similar to what we saw with Mattel's line only with the additional few figures we didn't get.

My guess is the 'busters we'll see are the 4 guys with the charcoal jumpsuits. Ray and Winston will probably be the variants by getting released with Slime Blowers. They are easy variants since there is minimal tooling needed for the different equipment. Also, I don't think DST will not be touching the courtroom variants. At least, not in the 15 figure run. There should also be no Slimer. Remember, we already have him with a GB2 likeness (twice if you double dipped on the unannounced GITD Game Stop exclusive). There's no point in making him again. The bus driver variant head could be a simple added accessory packed in with an ear muff/flightsuit Lewis. We already know about Vigo and Janosz. Since they are the villians, both should get additional interchangeable heads like Gozer did. Now, whether or not Dana will include Oscar or with an accessory instead is anyone's guess? Personally, I would like to see Dana get a pack-in like the slime tub. In my opinion, Oscar should be packaged with somebody else which i'll mention below. Janine would obviously be her wild and wacky GB2 version. Tony and Nunzio Scoleri are a given since the line needs ghosts. That leaves us room for couple more figures in the 5 wave, 15 figure line. Now, we could see courtroom, hard hat, museum, New Years/Christmas or even pink slimed variants of the 4 Ghostbusters. Sticking to what we've seen DST release in the first line, we would know to expect these to be additional variants with no firehouse pieces.

Anyways, here is what I got.

01- Charcoal Jumpsuit Venkman w/ Toaster, Slime Jar and Ladle.
02 - Charcoal Jumpsuit Spengler w/ Gigameter, Latent Image Sensor & Thermos.
03 - Charcoal Jumpsuit Zeddemore w/ Cinema Ghost & Sony Boombox.
04 - Charcoal Jumpsuit Stantz w/ NES Advantage Controller & Globuscope.

Additionally, each one of these 4 Ghostbusters could come with 1 of 4 parts to put together the full tripod trap setup.

05 - Slimeblower Zeddemore w/ KUD.
06 - Slimeblower Stantz w/ Slime Scoop.
07 - Vigo The Carpathian w/ alternate Final Form head.
08 - Janosz Poha w/ alternate GITD/Glowing Eyes head. (It looks like he's getting the Vigo painting)
09 - Dana Barrett w/ Slime Tub.
10 - Lewis Tully (ear muff/jumpsuit/pack) w/ bus driver Slimer head accessory.
11 - Janine Melnitz (green/black dress) w/ Desk accessory.
12 - Tony Scoleri.
13 - Nunzio Scoleri.
14 - Possessed Nanny Janosz w/ Oscar & Carriage.
15 - Jogger Ghost w/ Haunted Mink Coat.

I would be very happy to see a lineup similar to this. I feel this would include the core movie characters. Again, this is not including any variant figures which I feel we would be getting at some point anyways. I mean, why not? I also don't see DST bothering to put out characters like Mayor Lenny, Hardemeyer, Wexler, etc. It would be cool but highly doubtful.
ccv66 liked this
By ccv66
Could be an assumption they'll do 15. I don't think they planned on doing that many for the first wave but need to , to complete the diorama. First story of the firehouse seems simpler, but they know we'll pay it, so I'm sure they'll squeeze as many figures as they can. Hopefully with success of the first set, the consistency goes up and we'll get more.. If Mattel can pump all that he-man junk, maybe I can finally get some RGB
By 910dohead
DST replied to ShiftyHenry thru Instagram stating the line would be 15 figures released in 5 waves. My lineup guess was based on that information. It appears that's exactly what DST has planned. It's what they did with the rooftop diorama.

The one thing I love about this line as well is the logistics behind it. DST has done everything Mattel said they couldn't do. They did the line in a larger scale. The figures are more detailed. Mattel laughed at the idea of a playset but DST packaged the parts with the figures. Also, the Select versions were the exact same price as Mattel's most dismal releases.

Finally, the one aspect I love most about DST vs Mattel is the fact it actually went retail and wasn't some hard to get online exclusive. I love that I don't have to deal with Digital River or Mattel's horribly bad and overpriced shipping. When Mattel finally went retail and put their "Classics" in stores, they boxed Egon and Winston one per case while the others were 2. I go into a store and see nothing but a thousand Stantz and Venkmans. I don't see DST's line warming pegs.

I am certainly glad Matty collector is done with and gave MotU over to Super 7, whom has shown that line more love in the last few days than Matty ever did. I am just especially greatful DST has the license. They obviously care about the profit too but they went beyond what Mattel as to actually care about the product.
By ShiftyHenry
That was me. I also found out that there will be a GB1 logo sign and there's no definite plan for marshmallow Egon (though Winston is available for pre-order now)
Kingpin liked this
By Kingpin
ShiftyHenry wrote:That was me. I also found out that there will be a GB1 logo sign
This is seriously making me reconsider not buying the DST line, as that's an awesome touch that Mattel would never have even considered.
By ShiftyHenry
Kingpin wrote:
ShiftyHenry wrote:That was me. I also found out that there will be a GB1 logo sign
This is seriously making me reconsider not buying the DST line, as that's an awesome touch that Mattel, would never have even considered.
There's still time :)
By christphern
Save your money, Kingpin. The figures are mediocre at best with horrible paint chipping and a ton of quality control issues, and the diorama's not even in scale with them. Unless you have the Mattel figures (which the dioramas are almost in scale with), there's no point spending the money. I also don't see the point in dumping the money on 1/3 of a firehouse facade. If it had been a courtroom or museum I might have been sorely tempted to dump money into it as I have been for the temple diorama, but not for that little section of the firehouse.
By Doctor Venkman
While I'll admit I'm disappointed that the news seems to be clearing up that it's just going to be the facade of just the first floor... that's kinda a bummer... I definitely do not agree with people's complaints about these figures. They're incredible in my opinion and way better than the Mattel releases (which people also complained about). As far as I'm concerned, paying 4 times as much for the other upcoming releases that are better detailed... while those figures are certainly nice... I don't see the value being four times as much as these. I absolutely love the diorama and think there's really not much room for complaints with these releases, aside from not having enough room for all of them!
By christphern
Diorama's are too small, the paint apps are sloppy, the joints have been fused by paint on early releases, accessories that are broke out of the package, and massive paint rub and chipping the first time you move the joints. Yeah, no room for complaint or improvements. /eyeroll

Say what you will about the Matty figures, I love them. I've felt no desire to swap these out on my shelf. They've just been collecting dust in a drawer since they came out and I did my quick reviews on them. The only reason I even kept buying them was for the diorama, which as stated isn't even in scale with them.
By ccv66
I have both and I prefer dst over Matty. If you don't buy the diorama, dst is an inch bigger and cheaper. Matty feels like a kids toy while dst feels more like an adult collector. I like them both and there is a few things that Matty did better and not all the dst figured are all the same quality. Theres definitely room for improvement but Over all I'm very happy with the DST, the diorama and the fact we're getting a bunch of new GB stuff. Neca is probably the best out of the bunch

Not getting a full firehouses is a bummer, but it's still going to be huge.. Looks like it's going to be taller than the rooftop.. If you compare it to Vigo, the firehouse front might be pushing 2 feet
By christphern
Should be about 3 feet wide and minimum 2 feet tall to even be in scale with the Matty figures. At 2 feet wide (and probably a bit over 1 foot tall using Vigo as a reference), it MAY be in scale with the old Kenner figures. Of course one need only look at their Stargate figures to see they've had a consistent issue with scale. The gates the pieces built couldn't even fit the figures they're included with, considering they were about 1/3 the size they should have been.
By Doctor Venkman
christphern wrote:Yeah, no room for complaint or improvements. /eyeroll
Not what I said, so calm down. I said there's "not much room"... sure, they can improve, but for the price and compared to the uber expensive alternative options, I think they're great and I, personally, would not suggest that people skip the line. I literally said all of this in my original post, so maybe there's no need for the hyperbolic statements and eyerolling? Maybe it's possible for others to not share your opinion and express that. Just maybe.

You don't have to like them. And I'm not even shutting down your opinion. I'm offering an alternative viewpoint as someone who thoroughly enjoys the releases.
ccv66, Kingpin liked this
By christphern
"...there's really not much room for complaints with these releases". My bad. I still don't agree with that. These are terrible figures with horrible QC. I bought every single Mattel figure and of those only 1 had any issues (a mismolded head), which were quickly resolved. I've bought 6 of the DST figures and every single last one has had issues ranging from minor to major, and I've seen reviewer's figures that are even worse. I don't know if it's a consistent problem across all their lines, but I've never been impressed with DST as a company. Why people gobble up their garbage is far beyond my capacity to understand.
By Matt Campbell
Just seen a You Tube video by Pixel Dan from the toy fair at the DST booth with DSTZach, when they got to the Ghostbusters merch and he started talking about the GB 2 figures Zach named the GB 2 outfits (obviously), Vigo, Janosz, and the Mayor, and they're waiting on approval for other characters.
By Alex Newborn
Mayor Lenny? Interesting! He's a good character that could pull double duty for GB1 setups.

If they're planning a Lenny for a GB2 line, though, I can't help but wonder if there's a Hardemeyer in the works.

Alex
By 910dohead
Here is the video that Matt Campbell mentioned in case anyone wants to view the video. Someone also mentioned that Marshmallow Mess Egon was not in the works, yet you can see the figure clear as day in the video. Luckily, that wave of variants will also conclude sometime later this year.

The Ghostbusters Select segment starts at 3:29, but I recommend watching the whole video. DST has some other great lines in the works.

Paint me impressed that they are tackling the mayor! I was very doubtful but that's awesome to be able to get some of the more important secondary characters.
Matt Campbell liked this
By ShiftyHenry
910dohead wrote:Someone also mentioned that Marshmallow Mess Egon was not in the works, yet you can see the figure clear as day in the video.
The figure is coming. Distribution method is not yet confirmed. Someone stated that it was going up for preorder soon. That is not accurate. It may very well be a Convention exclusive.
By DSTZach
Sorry people don't think the new dio makes sense. We wanted the dio to be in scale -- obviously we had to compromise a little with the rooftop -- and we honestly thought the Firehouse doors were as iconic and useful as it gets. Statue of liberty, Courthouse, museum... all certainly important to GB2, but not particularly specific to the Ghostbusters franchise in general. This way, the dio appeals to both GB2 fans AND GB fans who consider the second film less essential than the first.

A full building would never have worked, nor would the full facade in scale. Not sure how you would even make use of the upper floors. This way, you have the opening doors for whatever figure/vehicle you want to use it with, although it will be in scale to our figures. And for those who had no space for the first dio, this one will mostly require vertical space. Footprint is pretty manageable.

Figures should be pretty guessable, we're still working out approvals to see who we can and can't do. I said Janosz would be Series 7, but he may be Series 6!

And if anyone has any reasonable issues with their figures, please contact customer service. Aside from the stream/connector issues, I am not aware of any widespread problems, although isolated incidents may occur. Paint looks fine on all of my samples, but depending on your expectations, you may have a different opinion. I also think our likenesses are solid, and articulation is present and useful, but again, your mileage may vary. I would never speak ill of another company's products, but I am surprised to hear someone say that ours do not live up to the bar set by Mattel.
By ShiftyHenry
DSTZach wrote:Sorry people don't think the new dio makes sense. We wanted the dio to be in scale -- obviously we had to compromise a little with the rooftop -- and we honestly thought the Firehouse doors were as iconic and useful as it gets. Statue of liberty, Courthouse, museum... all certainly important to GB2, but not particularly specific to the Ghostbusters franchise in general. This way, the dio appeals to both GB2 fans AND GB fans who consider the second film less essential than the first.

A full building would never have worked, nor would the full facade in scale. Not sure how you would even make use of the upper floors. This way, you have the opening doors for whatever figure/vehicle you want to use it with, although it will be in scale to our figures. And for those who had no space for the first dio, this one will mostly require vertical space. Footprint is pretty manageable.

Figures should be pretty guessable, we're still working out approvals to see who we can and can't do. I said Janosz would be Series 7, but he may be Series 6!

And if anyone has any reasonable issues with their figures, please contact customer service. Aside from the stream/connector issues, I am not aware of any widespread problems, although isolated incidents may occur. Paint looks fine on all of my samples, but depending on your expectations, you may have a different opinion. I also think our likenesses are solid, and articulation is present and useful, but again, your mileage may vary. I would never speak ill of another company's products, but I am surprised to hear someone say that ours do not live up to the bar set by Mattel.
Zach, you guys are doing great work in my book. Any idea if Moranis/Potts are on the table for GB2? I know you did minimizes, but Mattel made comments about them not being available for GB2. Tully in the jumpsuit is pretty essential if he's possible.
Matt Campbell liked this
By 910dohead
christphern wrote:"I bought every single Mattel figure and of those only 1 had any issues (a mismolded head), which were quickly resolved. I've bought 6 of the DST figures and every single last one has had issues ranging from minor to major, and I've seen reviewer's figures that are even worse. I don't know if it's a consistent problem across all their lines, but I've never been impressed with DST as a company. Why people gobble up their garbage is far beyond my capacity to understand.
christphern wrote:"I bought every single Mattel figure and of those only 1 had any issues (a mismolded head), which were quickly resolved. I've bought 6 of the DST figures and every single last one has had issues ranging from minor to major, and I've seen reviewer's figures that are even worse. I don't know if it's a consistent problem across all their lines, but I've never been impressed with DST as a company. Why people gobble up their garbage is far beyond my capacity to understand.
Boy, how I wish I was on your side of the looking glass. You're wearing some very thick beer goggles when comparing these two lines. Neither line is perfect, but this is apples and oranges here. If perfection is what you seek, then there are $900 dolls out there with your name on them.

I paid Matty Collector $469 for 15x basic figures. I paid DST for $375 for 15 deluxe figures. I gotta lotta cool stuff with them and a big ass playset. This is one reason why people are gobbling up DST's "garbage". I lived approx. 60 miles from Matty's distribution center. I could've just picked up the figures. Instead, I had to pay $9 in shipping. The figure would leave CA., be shipped to Denver, CO. for sorting, go to Seattle, WA. for whatever reason, then wind up on my doorstep 8 days later. If I spent an extra $6, it would arrive next day through UPS. Sometimes, when I opted for UPS shipping upon checkout, Matty still sent it through the other service. Way to go Digital River of shit! Calling them to get back my $6 difference was always a fight and a nightmare. That is if you got someone on the line that wouldn't just hang up on you if you had a problem. Hey, they had a return quotas they had to meet.

I am not even going to compare the figure differences because even Mr. Magoo could point them out. Sometimes my figures came smashed, with 2 lefts arms, missing shit, etc. One time Matty showed us this beautiful 12" Venkman prototype and said this is what you're getting. When my 12" Venkman came and they sent Joel Murray as a Ghostbuster instead. Bait-and-Switch. When we wanted answers, "Use a blow dryer" - Scott Nuttflick.

Yeah, DST's figures have issues, but they don't have Matty issues. Apples to oranges. Pintos to Porsches. I'm gonna be throwing DST my money as long as she keeps shaking that bootay.
zeta otaku liked this
By christphern
The paint apps on my Matty figures were always clean, the accessories always top notch and undamaged, the ghosts were pack ins rather than a separate figure at the same price, the body sculpts were pretty good, I honestly prefer the head sculpts (while not realistic I think they capture the characters better, and for me, the DST heads aren't ever winning any lookalike contests), and Mattel at least had the common sense to mold the figures in their appropriate colors.

Every last one of the DST figures I've gotten has had sloppy paint apps (thanks to their crappy masking my Ray looks like Mr. Spock, pointy ears, arched eyebrow and all), bad molding issues, damaged accessories (at a spot where I've seen other's from them break, so it's likely a matter of time), fused joints (to which their reply was "Just stick it in the freezer!" You can scroll back several pages, believe me it's there), blast streams that have no way of working out of the box and are incredibly brittle (I've had 2 break on me and I never even did anything with them), I honestly could keep going.

The figures joints are also molded in some of the dumbest choices of plastic color I've ever seen, as well as having been designed by people who haven't the slightest clue what they're doing. Hey, Zach, since you work for DST I'll direct this at you. Do you know how you avoid joint rub? As the name implies, you remove the rub. If the arm and joint don't touch, you don't get rub. Another way to avoid it is to mold the joint in a color similar to what you're going to paint it. If you're going to paint it blue? Use a blue plastic instead of flesh tone, like you guys didn't do with Vinz. If it's going to be grey, mold it in grey, not black, etc. If you do it that way, it's a lot harder to tell that the paint's rubbed off.

Then you get the ghosts, of which nearly half at this point are an utter travesty. The Slimer's a joke, Gozer looks pretty goofy, and don't even get me started on the Terror Dogs, which have to be an unsightly mess in order to articulate enough to stand on the platforms designed for figures nearly 2" shorter than they are. Which brings me to the diorama which is horribly out of scale with the figures they come packed with. It's closer to scale with the Mattel figures, but even then it's too small for them. The firehouse diorama, despite Zach's insistence that they strived to have it in scale, looks even more horribly misproportioned than that, being smaller than it should be for even the Matty figures. I understand that a 3' wide facade firehouse wouldn't be feasible. But I'm also not the one who decided upon it, nor the one who decided on the figure scale.

Yeah, these figures are cheaper than the Mattel figures. But to me, they feel cheap, and when you start to actually look at them, the cracks become all to obvious, and they start to look it too.
By Kingpin
christphern wrote:the accessories always top notch and undamaged
When Matty deigned to actually include accessories. The classic figures had a reasonable selection, though the reboot figures are extremely lacking (and I still haven't gotten one of the Tripod Trap accessories to stand properly due to a manufacturing issue).
christphern wrote:the body sculpts were pretty good
Except, heh, except when they completely missed off the wings on the GBII theatre ghost. :)
christphern wrote:and Mattel at least had the common sense to mold the figures in their appropriate colors.
-though they missed off details in the molding process, like the waist straps.
christphern wrote:The firehouse diorama, despite Zach's insistence that they strived to have it in scale, looks even more horribly misproportioned than that
Playing devil's advocate, but do you have something substantial to form that conclusion? The Firehouse looks reasonably proportioned to me, other than being shorter than the real deal (leaving me to wonder if it's just cut down on the 2D mockup). I'm all ears if you've got something that proves it's out of scale/proportion with the figures, otherwise I have to admit this complain sounds mostly like general baseless griping.

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]