Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By rsavaiano
I don't think the packs/belt will be fully removable per say. I have a Diamond Select Captain America from the Winter Soldier movie and his belt is on the figure loosely as a separate piece so that it doesn't completely hinder the articulation. I feel like the packs and belt will be the same.
Peter Venkman Jr. liked this
By Full-Roaming-Vapor
rsavaiano wrote:I don't think the packs/belt will be fully removable per say. I have a Diamond Select Captain America from the Winter Soldier movie and his belt is on the figure loosely as a separate piece so that it doesn't completely hinder the articulation. I feel like the packs and belt will be the same.
I dunno, man. Those straps look pretty roomy. Looks like you could easily slip the straps over the shoulders to get the pack off if the belt strap isn't permanently fixed.

But I agree, the rest of the gear looks attached except for the MT500.

By starburst
These look pretty good, was considering picking up the Matty ones from Ebay but these will probably be better waiting for as they should be readily available from Forbidden Planet, Amazon UK etc.

By the looks of it Ray has a trap holster, wonder if they will somehow let you hook on a trap? I don't mind the Lifeguards, I wonder if that truly is a gaff from the films or if its been added as many cosplayers wear them with their both the GB1 and GB2 suits.
By Matt Campbell
joeghostbuster wrote:
the only two things I'm not crazy about are the proton streams (wish they were translucent like Mattys did theirs) and the thin cord that connects the pack to the gun.
Weren't the Matty prototype streams solid color as well and then translucent upon release?
joeghostbuster wrote:Image
I think these figures look phenomenal and every time I look at these pictures I get more excited for their release, but I did notice 2 mistakes in the above picture though 1) the leg hose seems to connect to the proton pack and 2) there appears to be a hose missing from the back of the pack. But seeing as these are just prototypes of what DST is offering up, those 2 things could be very well be fixed before the official release.
By joeghostbuster
from toynewsi.com:
For Ghostbusters they plan to do 12 different figures from the first movie. Some will be variants of previously released characters. The first wave will have 3 figures in it. Ray, Winston and a third figure which has not yet been decided. They will each come with build-a-base pieces to form the top of the building from the end of the first movie as well as multiple accessories.
everything about the above sentence is freaking awesome.
alphabeta001 liked this
By LandoSystem
The loom from the wand to pack is a placeholder. You can see some white text stamped on the wire in the Ray pictures.

I suspect the leg hose is probably the same. Just some wire painted yellow and stuck on there. But we will see.
By featofstrength
joeghostbuster wrote:from toynewsi.com:
For Ghostbusters they plan to do 12 different figures from the first movie. Some will be variants of previously released characters. The first wave will have 3 figures in it. Ray, Winston and a third figure which has not yet been decided. They will each come with build-a-base pieces to form the top of the building from the end of the first movie as well as multiple accessories.
everything about the above sentence is freaking awesome.
im betting on the four gbs, four variants(marshmallow mess), terror dogs, gozer, and slimer
By VincentVegaFFF
These do look great but it's a shame they included the ab crunch. They would look much better without it but everything else is really impressive. Does Diamond have the lisence for 1/6 figures as well? Those would be amazing.
By Matt Campbell
So obviously we're going to get Stantz, Zeddemore, Spengler, & Venkman (that's a given) and Toyark says DST confirmed Dana as a first wave release, so that leaves 7 figures up for speculation. Much like featofstrength I'd suspect marshmallow mess versions of the guys as the variants they're talking about since the line is based off of the first movie, and as for the remaining 3 I would predict Louis, Gozer, and Peck or Janine.
By joeghostbuster
now when a toy company says "variants" do they mean a color scheme change (painting white blotches on a figure and calling it "Marshmallow Mess Variant", like Matty did)... or, an existing sculpt that has been modified? (3 dimensional marshmallow blobs sculpted onto the existing figure)... or an alternative version of an existing character/figure? (Ready to Believe You blue lab coats and dress pants etc) anyway, my 'dream' list would be...

1) Ray Stantz
2) Winston Zeddemore
3) Dana Barrett (as Zuul)
4) Egon Spengler
5) Peter Venkman
6) Louis Tully (as Vinz Clortho)
7) Janine Melnitz
8 ) Slimer
9) Walter Peck
10) Gozer the Gozerian
11) Library Ghost
12) Terror Dog

but since they are saying some of the figures will be variants, I expect we will see either 4 "marshmallow mess" versions or 3 "RTBY" versions)... that leaves 8-9 figures out of 12, so Ive bolded my top 8 choices...

it would be great if every figure came with swappable heads and hands and lots of accessories, including the build-a-set pieces for the gozerian rooftop temple
By DSTZach
Packs should be removable.

I believe the streams will be translucent -- most of our prototypes are painted, not cast in the actual colors, so it's rare that translucent parts are prototyped as such.

I also believe any repeats of the four GB in that 12-figure line-up will have new sculpted parts, even if they use the original head or pants. The standard GB will not share many parts between them, if any.

Dana may not be figure 3 in Series 1 -- waiting on approvals for seven figures, we'll see who gets approved first.
By Kingpin
DSTZach wrote:Packs should be removable.

I believe the streams will be translucent -- most of our prototypes are painted, not cast in the actual colors, so it's rare that translucent parts are prototyped as such.

I also believe any repeats of the four GB in that 12-figure line-up will have new sculpted parts, even if they use the original head or pants. The standard GB will not share many parts between them, if any.

Dana may not be figure 3 in Series 1 -- waiting on approvals for seven figures, we'll see who gets approved first.
Can I just say that your company's approach is a breath of fresh air over the last one to make figures in a similar scale.

Do you know if DST is aiming for online only distribution for the new figures, or if they're considering selling them via brick-and-mortar retailers?
Matt Campbell liked this
By DSTZach
We never aim for only online distribution, aside from the occasional online-retailer exclusive. Our distributor is Diamond Comic Distributors, and they sell to nearly 3,000 comic shops and toy retailers around the world. Some of those are online-only, including Amazon, but most are brick-and-mortar or a combination. I believe that Hastings and Toys"R"Us (N.A.) will both be on board, although TRU will probably not include the diorama pieces (see our Universal Monsters line).

Not 100% sure about our international rights, but we distribute our GB items through Diamond Comics UK, so I would at least expect to see them in UK stores, including Forbidden Planet. Probably wherever you have seen our Minimates or vinyl banks.

And I should clarify, paint-only variants on the Ghostbusters are possible, but I do not think they would be part of the main line. More likely exclusives that are optional purchases, and not necessary for the diorama. Our Stargate line did something similar. Repeated Ghostbusters in the 12-figure series should be fairly different.
By YHSCraig
DSTZach wrote:We never aim for only online distribution, aside from the occasional online-retailer exclusive. Our distributor is Diamond Comic Distributors, and they sell to nearly 3,000 comic shops and toy retailers around the world. Some of those are online-only, including Amazon, but most are brick-and-mortar or a combination. I believe that Hastings and Toys"R"Us (N.A.) will both be on board, although TRU will probably not include the diorama pieces (see our Universal Monsters line).

Not 100% sure about our international rights, but we distribute our GB items through Diamond Comics UK, so I would at least expect to see them in UK stores, including Forbidden Planet. Probably wherever you have seen our Minimates or vinyl banks.

And I should clarify, paint-only variants on the Ghostbusters are possible, but I do not think they would be part of the main line. More likely exclusives that are optional purchases, and not necessary for the diorama. Our Stargate line did something similar. Repeated Ghostbusters in the 12-figure series should be fairly different.
Thanks for all of the great info! Really looking forward to this line and I think it's awesome that you took the time to drop in the forums and share the details.
By DSTZach
GB2 would only come after all 12 figures in the GB1 line. So it's a ways off, if it happens.

Not sure why the lifegards made it into a Series 1 design, but we'll see if that will change. Probably not.
GhostBustin_84 liked this
By GhostBustin_84
Full-Roaming-Vapor wrote:
Not sure why the lifegards made it into a Series 1 design, but we'll see if that will change. Probably not
NO DON'T CHANGE IT! I for one love that they're there!

I agree. I kinda like them being there. I know it's not GB1 accurate, but I think it's a nice touch.

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]