Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By elsoldao7
So I went to TRU today & found the GB2 Louis that I needed. On my way out of the isle I started looking at the leftover Pecks & thinking, "I think I might be able to make a courtroom Egon..."
Thoughts?
ImageImageImage
Jake LeRoy liked this
By PeteVenkman_Jedi
Jake LeRoy wrote:got my vigo yesterday and just have to say dst did a great job on him! also love the gb2 sign ive already took it apart and lit it with easy led tape from paragrafix the sign looks amazing lit ill be posting a video on my youtube in a day or so.

Awesome! I was going to try this myself when I get the GB1 sign. Thank you for confirming it can be done!
Jake LeRoy liked this
By petesapie
the new aykroyd head looks good, except when i put the santa hat on i think of his character Louis Winthorpe III from trading places more than i do of ray stantz.
By slaysghosts
elsoldao7 wrote:So I went to TRU today & found the GB2 Louis that I needed. On my way out of the isle I started looking at the leftover Pecks & thinking, "I think I might be able to make a courtroom Egon..."
Thoughts?
Go for it, I did that with a Matty Venkman and Egon head. Just painted the suit, the vest, and the tie and it was good to go. Had it years before the official Matty in memorem Harold Ramis courtroom Spangler came out. Do it
Noremon liked this
By Jake LeRoy
slaysghosts wrote:
That's awesome, going to do the same! Hey, you don't have a Kenner firehouse you can hold that sign up to and snap a pic of do you?
i do and can but can say now it is way to big for the kenner fire house.
By Kingpin
Jake LeRoy wrote:here is the link to my gb2 sign!

In the words of Merlin, that's f****g spectacular. :)

I'm pleasantly surprised by the execution of the accessory, just the right amount of paint to carry the colour across, but not block the light out. :) As awesome as the Blitzway lighted Firehouse sign is, it suffers from the fact that the ghost doesn't illuminate as well as the sign backing.

Did you take photos of the dismantle process?

Something I think would be worth doing would be to either cut off the existing "chains" from the sign, and replace them and the support rod with metal equivalents, given how badly bent the signs looked when they were on display at the Diamond booth.
Noremon liked this
By Jake LeRoy
thanks kingpin! good thing about the sign post is it comes off when you take the sign apart so no need to cut it at all. i can take the sign apart and snap a pic for you as well my friend its just held together by four plastic pegs.
Kingpin liked this
By Jake LeRoy
oh btw i went back and added a 0805 warm white led in the fingers as well to give off more light in the hand. the black wire in that photo doesnt show up when its lit.
By Jake LeRoy
Kingpin wrote:

Something I thing would be worth doing would be to either cut off the existing "chains" from the sign, and replace them and the support rod with metal equivalents, given how badly bent the signs looked when they were on display at the Diamond booth.
i may try this as there would be no way to hide the wiring as is unless i cut a groove along the pole then place the wire in it and fill it with a filler and repaint it but the metal pole and chains would be awesome as well.
By elsoldao7
I had already bought the basic Vigo from TRU but after seeing this, I HAD to have that sign. I bought the Select from Amazon & it should be here tomorrow!
I wonder who will have the other sign.
I'm thinking on skipping Janoz so it'll most likely come with him...
By Jake LeRoy
elsoldao7 wrote:I had already bought the basic Vigo from TRU but after seeing this, I HAD to have that sign. I bought the Select from Amazon & it should be here tomorrow!
I wonder who will have the other sign.
I'm thinking on skipping Janoz so it'll most likely come with him...
the select vigo was def worth getting just for the sign, and id like to know to what figure will be coming with the gb1 sign as well. not sure if janoz will have it though but im getting all the figures anyway so i can have the fire house diorama.
By Josh Foote
elsoldao7 wrote:Where's DSTZack?
https://www.wsls.com/money/toys-r-us-co ... ent=wsls10
It looks like TRU is really going down...
What will this mean for the basic no-diorama line?
I was going to come and post asking about this, but thanks for beating me to the punch.

I collect both, so where will the non-diorama ones be sold when TRU closes for good? (Which seems to be as early as this week now.)

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]