Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By joeghostbuster
we have a DST rep on here? thats frickin awesome. welcome aboard Zach. I want to say how blown away I am by these new figures, you guys nailed the sculpts so perfectly, they look amazing.

I had actually sold my entire Matty GB figure collection last year along with a ton of other collector type toys that Ive accumulated over the past 5 years and had planned on not collecting anymore toys or figures. but these DST Ghostbuster figures are so fantastic, Im going to collect every single one that is produced.

I really love how much detail DST has put into these, and I think the Lifegards are a really nice touch, even though they didnt have them in the first movie, I think they look great hanging from the belts. and Im really glad to hear that the proton streams will likely be translucent plastic. the fact that the packs will probably be removable is a really great idea too.

Im sooooooo glad DST has the license to do movie figures, I cant wait to buy the first 3 figures. now, when you say "Look for the first three to be solicited as early as a month from now." does that mean they will be available to purchase? because I thought the blue display cards at Toy Fair said "Q4 2015" ?
Peter Venkman Jr. liked this
By LandoSystem
joeghostbuster wrote:Im sooooooo glad DST has the license to do movie figures, I cant wait to buy the first 3 figures. now, when you say "Look for the first three to be solicited as early as a month from now." does that mean they will be available to purchase? because I thought the blue display cards at Toy Fair said "Q4 2015" ?
That means purchase information will be released to retailers as early as a month from now. They still won't be available to own until Q4 2015 (or whenever they choose to release them).
By starburst
DSTZach wrote:GB2 would only come after all 12 figures in the GB1 line. So it's a ways off, if it happens.

Not sure why the lifegards made it into a Series 1 design, but we'll see if that will change. Probably not.
Full-Roaming-Vapor wrote:
Not sure why the lifegards made it into a Series 1 design, but we'll see if that will change. Probably not
NO DON'T CHANGE IT! I for one love that they're there!
I agree I really like it being there, partly because I plan to do it with a costume and there are many others who do regardless whether it is GB1 or GB2. Would love it if you did the GB2 suits, hopefully these will prove popular enough.
Full-Roaming-Vapor wrote:Image
Zach is the green detail on the belt meant to be functional do you know to hang a trap or is it just a cosmetic greeble?

Between this line and some of your new Trek products (spotted you over on at least one Trek board, great to see when companies interact directly with their customers, nice one DST and DSTZach!) you will finally be getting some of my hard earned cash (Hot Toys will not be happy lol)... Ive been putting off buying your stuff for so long and regretted it so no more from now on!
By 910dohead
I am super stoked for these figures. Better sculpts, more detail, properly done and for the same price as Mattel's lackluster versions? Sign me up! Seven figures to start with (all with accessories) and none of them are going to be rehashed variants of the 4 guys? I've dreamed of this day for so long.

Are the Lifegard's removable? In one picture, it's on Ray's left side and on his right in most of the others. This would be nice, but I can't tell if I am looking at a picture of a 7" figure versus a 12" figure.

By 910dohead
joeghostbuster wrote:I think the bottom pic is actually Winston, you can see the Slimer pizza cutter to his right (seen in this photo) and also Winston is wearing his on his left hip
I believe you are correct. How did I not notice that?
By Matt Campbell
@DSTZach, just to echo what others have already said, welcome and its awesome to see a company rep interacting with the fan base.
By gamera1968
The MSRP for the 7 inch figures is $24.99 each.

The rep in this video also said that they're doing a 1:15 scale electronic vehicle... (14 inches)
and that could mean only one thing, right? A new Ecto-1 with lights and sounds. (I hope at least)

(Similar to the electronic BTTF DeLorean and KITT from Night Rider)

Skip ahead to 9:39.

By Havoc0213
Maybe Slimer, but no one scene ghosts. Not even the librarian ghost. I remember people complaining that the matty line needed more ghosts, I can imagine the disappointment in the same people when they hear that. Slimer I figured would be a certainty for a release, I wasn't expecting "we hope to".
By DSTZach
I do not believe we're doing gloves, but we'll see what is ultimately solicited to retailers. It may be a possibility for a variant set outside of the main series, but I do not think that would be one of the 2 or 3 Buster variants that will appear in the 12-figure series. "Variant" is not even accurate, they will be different figures of the same characters.

All our Select figures are $24.99 SRP.

When we do our Ecto-1, it will be electronic like our Time Machine and KITT. Not in scale to the 7" figures.

Whenever we solicit them -- possibly mid-April, but possibly May -- the first three will come out late in the year.

Not sure about where the ghost trap will hang, if it will.
By Peter Venkman Jr.
vgirl wrote:I'm excited, I can't wait to get my hands on the Pete Venkman figure.
On another note, I can't believe I didn't know about you guys and missed out on your TWOK Uhura figure. Hooray for living in a small town with no hobby shops. :(

Me too, Dr. Peter Venkman has been my favorite Ghostbuster since childhood.
By DSTZach
Pre-orders will open up for Series 1 on Wednesday or Thursday, through your local comic shop.

Dana is now in Series 2, but look for a story with the new line-up in the next couple of days on actionfigureinsider.com
Matt Campbell liked this
By pyhasanon
AJ Quick wrote:
DSTZach wrote:Pre-orders will open up for Series 1 on Wednesday or Thursday, through your local comic shop.
*Cough* GBFans Shop.
Wednesday, huh...? Hmmm...
By AJ Quick
PssdffJay wrote:If that's the case, AJ, if we preorder, is there a way to change shipping addresses later? There is a possibility I will be moving towards the end of the year.
Yes. You just have to email or PM.
PssdffJay liked this

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]