Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By jonnyetc
So they have LifeGard pass alarms which would imply that these are GB2 figures, but they have GB1 patches and Winston has a mustache so I guess that's not the case.

Ray's face is a HUGE improvement from the Matty version. Winston however looks like garbage. I always though Slimeblower Winston had the best sculpt of any Winston figure.

Love the belt gizmo detail too!
By rsavaiano
jonnyetc wrote:So they have LifeGard pass alarms which would imply that these are GB2 figures, but they have GB1 patches and Winston has a mustache so I guess that's not the case.

Ray's face is a HUGE improvement from the Matty version. Winston however looks like garbage. I always though Slimeblower Winston had the best sculpt of any Winston figure.

Love the belt gizmo detail too!

I like that the LifeGard alarms are on the figures. I'm ok with them taking liberties here and there. They look like Ghostbusters and that's all that counts.

Overall, I'll be picking this whole line up.
By joeghostbuster
these are the figures matty should have given us, rays likeness is awesome I just hope the sculpt doesnt 'soften' up like when matty showed us their original venkman but the one we got was cartoony

i almost jumped out of my chair when i saw these on facebook, such an incredible job. even if they just make the 4 busters and no one else, i am fine with that, cant wait to buy these.
By YHSCraig
Very excited for this release. I can't wait to see the packaging as well! This could turn into a really great set of figures and the fact that I won't have to be suckered into an expensive subscription service to get them is awesome.
Full-Roaming-Vapor liked this
By LandoSystem
Wow Ray looks incredible. I can't wait for the rest.

I'll be getting all of these.
I also hope we get some variants and extra equipment. Some video game packs and GBII uniforms.
By Robzy
I just love that they've got both waist straps (belt and proton pack) - something Mattel never had, despite it being pointed out several times. Just little things like this show the attention to detail. Looking great so far. Hope they come with gloves.
By venkman30
Better late then never. These look good. Although I do agree wins tons head sculpt looks bad. But the detail looks very good. Be nice to have seen what the packs look like. But from what we see in the pics they look promising. I wonder how much blood I'm gonna have to give to get these figures.
By groschopf
When given the opportunity to buy the Matty figures, I found that I only picked up a couple. There was something underwhelming about them. They were novel at first, being the first movie-style figures on the scene. But they seemed... dull.

In this case, I feel like I'd be in danger of buying the whole set if the finished product are as good as the prototypes. Nice work, Diamond crew.

What size will these be?
By Full-Roaming-Vapor
These will probably be just slightly over seven inches. Also, I'm guessing they'll be released in October-November this year.

Honestly, I'm blown away by these. The packs look removable. The gear looks removable, the articulation looks amazing (check out those elbow pads), the paint apps look great, and although the sculpts are slightly off on Winston, The Ray portrait is head and shoulders above what we got from Mattel.

I was hoping someone would come along and show Mattel how it's done. Just look at those throwers.
By Matt Campbell
These look great! I never jumped on the Mattel line of figures when they were released but I did buy the 2 GB 2 12" figure 2 packs, I did end up getting a Rookie figure off of ebay for $10 + shipping but for some reason I've been on the fence about grabbing the original foursome and couldn't get myself to make that leap. After seeing the pics of the Diamond Select Ray and Winston figures I definitely plan to get this line as soon as they are released without hesitation.
By pyhasanon
Heroic35 wrote:MSRP: $34.99
Where'd you see that... because this is what I've seen posted... MSRP of $24.99...
By Not404Error
A 300% improvement over the Matty figures, and only $10 more? Welp. Looks like I'm in for the whole line.
By LandoSystem
Roughly the same price as the Matty figures (after they plundered your buttocks with absurd shipping charges). Matty sucks.

I noticed the hose from the wand to the pack look like pieces of extra wire instead of the sculpted loom.
i also just noticed the radio comes out of the holster. Very nice.

Love these things. Not a huge fan of the chest articulation, though. It's pretty distracting. But I'll live with it.
By joeghostbuster
one more...

the only two things Im not crazy about are the proton streams (wish they were translucent like Mattys did theirs) and the thin cord that connects the pack to the gun. other then that, these are a home run. but then again these are prototypes, so we could see things change between now and when they are released. I hope the proton packs look more like their movie counterparts, I never cared for the ones on the 6" Matty figures.
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]