Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By LordVigo82
Which ghosts/characters don't they have the rights to? Does that include ghosts from The Real Ghostbusters?

Zack, any hints as to what RGB is coming from you guys? Can we expect Peoplebusters, possibly the ecto-remnants from Citizen Ghost?
By BigTime72
Man...Just jinxed myself hoping for the Scoleri Bros. Bummed about that.

Hopefully we get a couple of ghosts with the four RGB, like Samhain and Boogeyman.

Zack mentions series 11-15, but the audio is muffled. Its around 3:20 in the video.
By ccv66
Looking at they're minimates line as a gauge of what Ghost they had rights to, they did the scoleri Bros, not sure how it transfers over to the 7". Hard to imagine a gb2 set with out them. They have a few of the more popular RGB ghosts but no people busters. Hopefully RGB sells well and justify them doing more

With the wrong colored belts on the gray suits, their 1st mock up of gb1s had the yellow life gaurds. So it does seem like DST can adjust before release
By Havoc0213
BigTime72 wrote:Man...Just jinxed myself hoping for the Scoleri Bros. Bummed about that.

Hopefully we get a couple of ghosts with the four RGB, like Samhain and Boogeyman.

Zack mentions series 11-15, but the audio is muffled. Its around 3:20 in the video.
Pretty sure he said that, as long as 6-10 do well, "Series 11-15 will be along right after this/these."

So no ghosts aside from Vigo, AND still no khakis for Peter or Egon. I'm getting Mattel flashbacks. Complaints of no ghosts in a Ghostbusters toy line and incomplete sets. lol

I may check back when the RGB sets drop, otherwise, I'm glad I kept my Mattel stuff. Turns out we got more from them than we would from DST.
By Havoc0213
ccv66 wrote:Looking at they're minimates line as a gauge of what Ghost they had rights to, they did the scoleri Bros, not sure how it transfers over to the 7".....
I thought I read somewhere that Minimates are classified as more of a spoof, a humorous imitation, of the characters and are looser with rights requirements. At least that is the case with likeness. Maybe that has something to do with it.
ccv66 liked this
By ccv66
I can see that.. I thought I herd something similar too about Back to the future, where they could do the minimates but getting approval for likeness figure was alot harder.. Wouldn't think that would apply to Ghost, but everything is a hoop to jump through
By BigTime72
Well maybe they can get the rights to Scoleri Bros if this line sells well. It is a major omission that they are left out. Some pack-in ghosts might help smooth things out but doubt we will get them with diorama pieces coming. Maybe toss in TVG ghosts in later lines, I don't know, but this line needs more ghosts...
By ccv66
I listened to the audio several times, I couldnt make out what he said, so I'll make it up, he said series 11-15 will be a RGB build a Cthulhu diorama and a in scale Ecto -1. . . Not sure if I'd want 15 figures from ATC. Seems like it would be hard to find enough character to do 5 more series just on the new movie. Would prefer to see Kylie Griffin first
By BigTime72
Really just want ghosts. Would be fine with Gertrude Aldridge, Sparky, and Rowan from ATC, or ghosts from RGB. It don't want to go down the same slippery slope Mattel did with the 4 guys over and over again.
By grantofkings
Not getting the Scoleri's is a tremendous let down. Subway, theater and jogger ghosts are all in montages; I'd like them, but they're not gapping holes in the collection. The court scene is up there on the most memorable action scenes in both movies.
By rahum
I was also kind of hoping for a bathtub monster figure as well.

But the Scoleri Bros were at the top of my list. The Matty Tony Scoleri was a let down, the paint was way off compared to Nunzio
By MagicMan666
Shame about not getting the Scoleri Brother and Courtroom Busters. I know it was unlikely but I always wanted a figure of the haunted coat.

I honestly can't see series 11-15 being ATC, in fact I'd be surprised if we get any figures from that film considering how the exsisting figures by Mattel where #peg warmers'. Even on sale they couldn't be shifted at local toy stores.

I reckon if the line continues it might start becoming a mix of figures from the 2 films and RGB. Possibly the video game and comic series.

I hope the diroama for the RGB is the interior of firehouse, more specifically the Ecto Containment Unit :-)
@MagicMan666 I like that idea, it would be a great way of continuing the trend started with the movie figures.

Fingers crossed that the Scoleri Brothers do get action figures eventually. Looking forward to seeing the Real Ghostbusters once the prototypes are ready. I have wanted more RGB action figures since 2016, when the show celebrated its 30th anniversary.
Matt Campbell liked this
By AlTheRelic
Zach, if you're reading this, I have to say the sculpts on the figures of Ghostbusters 2 surpass most of the likenesses of the Ghostbusters 1 figures minus Snowblower Winston so I sure hope that the charcoal jumpsuit Winston doesn't get that head given his other three charcoal jumpsuit Ghostbuster counterparts look great & I've eagerly awaited for a Ghostbusters action figure set where all four Ghostbusters resemble the actors. I'm only respectfully giving my critique. Secondly, is there any way you guys can package the 4 charcoal Ghostbusters wearing their gloves for those collectors such as myself that collect MOC. Lastly, thank you for your upcoming Real Ghostbusters action figures. I'll be able to die happy now.
By ccv66
With atleast 30 figures and 5 exclusives, does that justify doing an in scale ecto instead of the 1:18 you've been doing with the deloreans?
By Alex Newborn
I haven't waded through the 30+ pages of this thread yet.

Does anyone have a pic of a DST Janine next to the desk from DST's Scully from the X-Files line?

I was contemplating getting one but then saw a pic online of Mulder next to Winston and Louis, and he's undersized compared to them.

So now I'm a tad worried about the scale.

Alex
By Schrecken
Alex Newborn wrote:I haven't waded through the 30+ pages of this thread yet.

Does anyone have a pic of a DST Janine next to the desk from DST's Scully from the X-Files line?

I was contemplating getting one but then saw a pic online of Mulder next to Winston and Louis, and he's undersized compared to them.

So now I'm a tad worried about the scale.

Alex
The image below shows the figures with the desk that came with the DST "Gotham" Edward Nygma figure. As far as I can tell it is the same desk Scully comes with, only a different color. The image is from here if you would like a few more angles: http://news.toyark.com/2016/11/01/dst-g ... oot-229182

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]