Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By featofstrength
Kingpin wrote:
910dohead wrote:Also, the 3rd Ray is great but I don't understand the purpose of having an unzipped version without the cigarette? I get smoking is bad but these are basically for the adult market. That's all Ray and Venkman did in those scenes.
You can use the "off the clock" variant for re-enacting the jail scene, the City Hall scene, or the Firehouse blowing up scene, none of which had them smoking in them.
I don't remember him having ecto-goggles in any of those scenes either...maybe he had them tucked inside his jump next to his Joe Camels?
By Wade Haddock
No idea. Not all of them in The U.S. Are getting them. I had to drive almost an hour to get mine because the one that's a half a mile from my house couldn't even order it.
By 910dohead
Those look great! It also looks like they went back and amended the terror dog sculpt (which I can't be thankful enough for). It warms the heart when a toy company listens to their buying public. Also thankful that the Taxi Cab ghost isn't just a torso with a stand. Unlike those other toy guys sculpt who don't listen to their buying public.

EDIT - HA!

Awesome!
By ObiHahn
I just got the newest wave of DST 7" figures. With a few mods, these look reall great!

I removed Ray's pack, installed a small neodym magnet as an easy closure and cut off the black hose box on the back of his belt.
Janine's glasses were removed, the hairline repainted around the spots of glasses glue and she's now wearing her specs on the tip of her nose like she did most of the time in GB1.

Slimer...not much to do about the massive arms, but tightening all screws made the base/stand servicable.

Here's some pics:
ImageImageImage

Now where do I find a 1/10 or 1/12 scale desk for Janine?
By elsoldao7
ObiHahn wrote:I just got the newest wave of DST 7" figures. With a few mods, these look reall great!

I removed Ray's pack, installed a small neodym magnet as an easy closure and cut off the black hose box on the back of his belt.
Janine's glasses were removed, the hairline repainted around the spots of glasses glue and she's now wearing her specs on the tip of her nose like she did most of the time in GB1.

Slimer...not much to do about the massive arms, but tightening all screws made the base/stand servicable.

Here's some pics:
ImageImageImage

Now where do I find a 1/10 or 1/12 scale desk for Janine?
I asked the same in an action figure group on FB. The Diamond Select X-files figs have a desk & chair dio. You'd have to buy them both though...
Alex Newborn liked this
By ObiHahn
Thanks man, that desk might work. I could do without the chair since Janine won't be able to sit anyway.
By elsoldao7
ObiHahn wrote:Thanks man, that desk might work. I could do without the chair since Janine won't be able to sit anyway.
Good point!
The DS Gotham Nigma figure has one also but with a metallic/hospital type finish.
By Alex Newborn
Does the Nigma figure come with both desk AND chair, or is the chair in the convention photo an accessory for a different Gotham figure?

AN
By ShiftyHenry
Nygma also looks like a great base for a "Ready to believe you" variant of one of the GB's...
By DSTZach
Diorama will be 33 1/4" wide by 18 1/4" deep by 15 5/8" tall. Sorry, thought I circulated those numbers a while back, and they have been in a couple of ads we ran in Previews and elsewhere.

The pegs on the back of the gate pieces are to hold the vinyl lenticular backdrop that will come with the Terror Dog. The one at NYCC was a production backdrop. The gate pieces should also have holes on the sides that can accomodate Slimer's support stand, as well as the Library Ghost's. I haven't seen anyone try it out, not sure people know about it. They were added after we completed the instructions, I believe.

I did not think that anything had changed on the Terror Dog, as I'm 90% sure it's the same resin prototype we showed at SDCC 2015, but I'm glad people like it, and curious what was wrong with it the first time. I remember people complaining about it having too much articulation (an odd criticism IMHO) and/or that the joints were too obvious (resin is not as tight a fit as plastic), but I don't remember there being any inaccuracies reported, per se.
ccv66, Matt Campbell liked this
By ccv66
I really liked the neca dogs and slimer, but no articulation. I can see where joints can take away from the cosmetics, but then its starts becoming less of a toy and more of a statue.
By Doctor Venkman
I just noticed the other day... so let's see if someone can confirm.

I think I'm missing an obelisk. Should we have three at this point? I think I only have 2?

I'm hoping that DST Customer Service would be able to help out with a missing one, but I just noticed it... I guess because the diorama is sort of "coming together as we go" that I never realized before that I was missing one.

Can anyone confirm? Do you have 2 or 3 obelisks at this point?
By midmanc82
DSTZach wrote:You should only have two. Obelisks 3 and 4 come with the terror dog statues.
That's good news, I was worried that I'd either lost one after opening the box or it hadn't been packed by mistake lol!

I do love this line of figures, I agree with some criticisms over them just like I do with some of the Mattel ones which I also love but hey, we can't always have everything just the way we like it, I'm just happy we have a broad selection of realistic looking figures made by the two companies and the rooftop dio is absolutely fantastic!

Looking forward to wave 4 and 5, both pre ordered from forbidden planet over here in the uk :-D
By DerGraf
Hey guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I ordered the SDCC Marshmallow Venkman, which I got in the mail today. Now, being the big child I am, I immediately opened the box and tried to get him into a cool pose. BUT his right arm won't move. There seems to be no point of articulation there. On the box you can clearly see the point of articualtion. Anybody got an idea, what I can do now?
By DSTZach
What articulation point? The elbow? Besides the shoulder and wrist, I believe that is the only one.

You can try soaking it in warm water, or putting it in the freezer for a few minutes. The paint may just be stuck.
DerGraf liked this
By DerGraf
DSTZach wrote:What articulation point? The elbow? Besides the shoulder and wrist, I believe that is the only one.

You can try soaking it in warm water, or putting it in the freezer for a few minutes. The paint may just be stuck.
Sorry, I didn't make it clear enough. Yes, it's the elbow. I tried warm water, I treid the freezer, both don't seem to help. But I made some photos:

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

I was one of those kids who was scared of his own […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quick […]