Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By DSTZach
FYI, we added some GB-compatible action figure stands to our web store. Bags of 10 (black or clear) for $5.

https://shop.diamondselecttoys.com/ghostbusters

If the shipping is too much for a single bag of stands, we also have Series 4 and 5 figures in stock as individuals, plus Janine and Dana. Also, Series 1-5 as case assortments, but those have 2 of each.
Matt Campbell liked this
By 910dohead
DSTZach wrote:FYI, we added some GB-compatible action figure stands to our web store. Bags of 10 (black or clear) for $5.

https://shop.diamondselecttoys.com/ghostbusters

If the shipping is too much for a single bag of stands, we also have Series 4 and 5 figures in stock as individuals, plus Janine and Dana. Also, Series 1-5 as case assortments, but those have 2 of each.
I added 2x bags to my cart which came to a total of $10. Shipping came to a separate $11.27 before sales tax. This would be reasonable purchase if I were ordering multiple figures and had the stands thrown in. Thanks, but no thanks. You should consider cheaper shipping solutions for smaller purchased items.
By DSTZach
See my previous post, which you actually quoted! It makes more sense as an add-on, which is why I mentioned the other figures. We ship from our warehouse, so our shipping options are limited. We're always looking into alternatives, but we ship everything via UPS.
By Seth Rex
Is there going to be toys of the 4 main Ghostbusters, in their Ash gray GB2 uniforms? I may be willing to pick those up, cause I always loved those costumes.
@ Seth Rex, Yes Diamond Select does have some Ghostbusters II action figures in the works. One of the first figures out of the gate is Ray Stantz in a gray jumpsuit. The GB2 action figures arrive at stores this fall.
By DSTZach
910dohead wrote:I understood what you were getting at. I have all of the figures. I just want the stands.
Well, you don't have Marshmallow Winston, so you could wait until he is in stock (less than a month now) and order him with some stands then. (Don't preorder something with in-stock items, that's two shipments.) Maybe throw in an 11" or 23" Stay-Puft vinyl bank, or a Slimer. Or a set of the Ghostbusters fast-food tumblers, maybe a set of Minimates or Vinimates. Options!
By Wiggyof9
Will Marshmallow Egon be seeing a release soon? I'm waiting for him and Winston to display with Ray and Peter and my 2ft Stay Puft Bank.

Also, I know the odds are slim with the diorama pieces, but I would die for a 7" scale containment unit piece. Perhaps a stand lone Marshmallow Peck with it's own set piece?

Any shot at a subway ghost as well? Maybe with a Movie Theater Ghost in a 2 pack? I know they are from separate movies, but they go well together.

I have Matty's ghosts as filler for now, but this set is screaming for more DST ghost action.
By DSTZach
Marshmallow Egon should be out later this year. He will be a retailer exclusive, hopefully not an issue for most.

We'll see where dioramas go after the firehouse. Not sure if there is a third set of 15 figures in the works, but if these do well, maybe!

Marshmallow peck would be very cool! I will have to push for him!

Not sure if those ghosts will make the cut, but it is actually surprising which ghosts we have the rights to in this line. But hopefully you get some ghosts you dig!
Kingpin, ccv66 liked this
By MagicMan666
The rooftop is complete and looks amazing. I had a thought about the lenticular backdrop, sell some without the holes punched in and it would look ace in one of those vinyl record frames.

Speaking of the backdrop, should it not have been wider so it could curve around the back stairs. The way it is designed it cuts off a good chunk of the diorama.

Can't wait to start GB2 :)
By LordVigo82
We need Peoplebusters

we need Venkman's dad

we need Shana O'Callahan

we need Ghostmaster

we need the Undying One

we need Robo Buster

we need Boogaloo

we need Count Gregore

we need Lord Kildarby

we need Hob Anagarak

we need the Grundel

we need Professor Dweeb with Elizabeth

we need Karro Zans
By 910dohead
I think that would be hilarious if DS made a Professor Dweeb w/ Elizabeth figure as part of the Real Ghostbusters line. I don't think its something the fandom absolutely needs to have, but it would be cool for nostalgia sake (as awful as the character is). I would just be happy in getting core characters released alongside the more memorable ghosts. Personally, I would like a Cthulhu Cultist figure from the 'The Collect Call of Cthulhu' episode.

Awesome design and one of the better episodes as an adult. I know it won't ever happen but I could always have my wishlist.
Kingpin liked this
By LordVigo82
I consider Professor Dweeb to be the one standout from the "Slimer" franchise, and as such deserves his own figure.

I even wish his crossover episode would've had a better script, because I just enjoyed seeing him attempting to interact with the Ghostbusters.

And to this day, I stand by Gary Larson having a hand in creating him; seriously, look at that face!
By Whirlygig
I just stopped by after being absent a long time to check in on any thoughts on the rooftop dio.

Just completed the first set, which I bought with much reluctance because I prefer the robustness of Matty's figures, so that I could build the awesome diorama.

The only complaint (and I wouldn't call it a nitpick, as it's a pretty major issue) about the diorama is the apparent poor planning of the backdrop. Either that rear staircase piece should have been left out of the equation (yeah, I can remove it myself, leaving slots on the platforms visible and exacerbating wobble issues due to uneven platform leg gluing), or this backdrop should have been planned out better. Having to stretch it over front of the stairs is a waste of display space and will probably cause some ruin over time. We fans definitely need a hack for this to work properly... and its too bad we have to hack something we paid $300-$400 to build. It actually kinda seems like someone sculpted & planned the dio without any backdrop in mind and it was slapped in as an afterthought.

Now I have to ask myself, should I embark on another $300 journey to build the firehouse? Not sure yet, at least it looks entirely plastic so there isn't room for this kind of screw-up again.. For the love of god, make the GB2 packs removable by design please. And maybe get rid of those stickers, and work out a functioning means of wand attachment?

Also, the stands for Slimer and the Library Ghost are laughable. They fall apart while trying to pose, and need to be overtightened to even begin to attempt to hold their position (that is, the position they decide they want to be in after you try to set them on the right path...just like a child)... Please either stop insulting us with their inclusion or make them actually work.

Thank you, this has been your cup 75% empty post of the year, have a nice day!
By Kingpin
LordVigo82 wrote:Please tell me that head on a stick is one of those freaky ones that showed up in the Subway :)
It is, specifically the most detailed one we see from that sequence (the one that appears from over Zeddemore's shoulder).
By grantofkings
I could nitpick the belts and what's on them, but whatever. But I have a big problem with Janosz's sculpt. It is asinine for his tie to be sculpted to the shirt, and not a loose piece attached at the collar. There is zero excuse for sculpting it on each portion of the torso, as it essentially makes the torso joint pointless; moving the figure there will break how the tie should sit and will look ridiculous.
seekandannoy liked this
By Kingpin
I'm not really seeing the issue personally, presumably the sculpt of the tie continues up a little further past the lower edge of the upper torso, so I doubt it'll end up breaking.
By grantofkings
Kingpin wrote:I'm not really seeing the issue personally, presumably the sculpt of the tie continues up a little further past the lower edge of the upper torso, so I doubt it'll end up breaking.
The tie won't break. Poor wording on my part. The appearance of the tie is broken *unless* the torso is perfectly aligned. If the tie was a separate piece at the collar, the torso could move freely and the tie would hang from the collar, like it would on a real person.
Last edited by grantofkings on July 21st, 2017, 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
seekandannoy liked this
By Kingpin
grantofkings wrote:The appearance of the tie is broken *unless* the torso is perfectly aligned. If the tie was a separate piece at the collar, the torso could move freely and the tie would hang from the collar, like it would on a real person.
Maybe, but the same's true of the zipper and suit lines on the Ghostbusters. There're always concessions with figure mobility versus design.
By Schrecken
I am really looking forward to the "Ghostbusters 2" figures. The likenesses look even better than the previous figures, and the firehouse diorama looks amazing. I hope we get a new Janine figure from the film.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]