Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Wiggyof9
It's not bad, but it's not great. I'd like to see the stripes on the shirt and glasses. Some people commented that Mattel did it better, I disagree. I think the Mattel head sculpt was far more generic, though I think this one needs some tweaking in the chin, nose, and maybe the cheek area. Mattel did do a better job at being a little more dynamic with the outfit .

There is something about these figures so far that's a little off. Winston's head sculpt is pretty bad, Mattel did do better with him. Ray's head looks off as well, though not as bad.

Frankly, I'd be much happier about this line if we didn't just have the Mattel line. These new figures are technically much better, but the Mattel figures were enough to satisfy my need for GB figures. Perhaps when we see some ghosts I'll be more pumped. One thing that Matty did half way right was give us a good amount of ghosts. Their sizes were often out of whack, but at least there are a good amount of ghosts to bust. I hope we see at least the same amount with Diamond Select if not more. Also, I'd like to see Diamond Selects version of Venkman because that is where Matty dropped the ball on likeness.
By slaysghosts
But we're not getting ghosts.
They're doing Gozer, & looking to do creatures like the Terror Dogs.

Matty we got ghosts and no Terror Dogs nor Gozer
DST we're hopefully getting only Terror Dogs and Gozer

Matty's scale is not equal to DST scale.

So far, with the toys we have in hand & the info given to us directly from DST:
There will not be a line of Ghostbusters figures where we have the busters, the ghosts, the Terror Dogs, & Gozer all together in the same scale or from the same manufacture.
By Wiggyof9
slaysghosts wrote:But we're not getting ghosts.
They're doing Gozer, & looking to do creatures like the Terror Dogs.

Matty we got ghosts and no Terror Dogs nor Gozer
DST we're hopefully getting only Terror Dogs and Gozer

Matty's scale is not equal to DST scale.

So far, with the toys we have in hand & the info given to us directly from DST:
There will not be a line of Ghostbusters figures where we have the busters, the ghosts, the Terror Dogs, & Gozer all together in the same scale or from the same manufacture.
No ghosts? Seems like a bad idea to me. The ghosts were some of the best parts of the Matty line. Considering how many ghosts were made with the mini-mates I'd have expected at least a few. I still have my NECA Gozer and terror dogs which are in the select scale so I could take them or leave them. But new larger scales ghosts with more detailed sculpts than Matty's versions was something i was looking forward to.

Plus no ghosts makes this line peter out awfully quick. I mean, I bought the "Ready to Believe You" Mattel variants for the ghost pack ins, not so much for the figure variants. I can't imagine myself buying many, if any, variants from a new line without ghost pack ins or at least a build-a-figure.
By MagicMan666
Does that mean Louis is the third figure that is coming in the first wae, I thought it was Dana?

I really hope his head is redone, I think that could be the worst likeness so far on a GB figure! Shame as they did such a good job with Ray and Winston.
By Robzy
Louis is definitely getting a very, um, lukewarm response (that's putting it nicely) from everyone I've spoken to, or read on the net. Surely he comes with glasses? That must be an error. He always had them - even when possessed and had glowing red eyes for 2 seconds (which this figure appears to have).

I'm hoping they've just done what Hasbro often do when they release a pic of a brand new Transformers figure, and the toy is so horribly mis-transformed... You scratch your head and wonder why they couldn't have got that right before posting a pic, but then it turns out to be an awesome figure. Please, please be the same case here...!

:vinzclortho:
Peter Venkman Jr. liked this
By PrometheanWorks
As someone who works in the Toy Industry and deals with sculpt all the time, there are a number of factors that can contribute to the Louis likeness, not the least of which are: a.) likeness rights b.) pose and c.) thickness of prototype paint. Being unfamiliar with the core licensing of the film and whether or not actor likeness was somehow baked in (a rarity), I'd caution anyone here from getting too aggressive with their feedback; after all we're lucky to have Diamond in the house engaging 1:1!

That said (generally speaking) I'd much rather see spooks than supporting cast in future waves. It has been my experience that monsters/creatures tend to sell better over their human counterparts. I think a good model for emulation is NECA's Alien series (1-2 humans, a couple creatures at a time). They are GHOSTbusters after all. =)
By Kingpin
Let's not forget that the photo of Louis is likely from the prototype stage, so there's a good chance we'll see the missing glasses and hopefully the shirt stripes addressed by the time he hits shelves.

I'm willing to give Diamond wiggle room with these figures.
By Robzy
Kingpin wrote:Let's not forget that the photo of Louis is likely from the prototype stage, so there's a good chance we'll see the missing glasses and hopefully the shirt stripes addressed by the time he hits shelves.

I'm willing to give Diamond wiggle room with these figures.
Yep, that's what I'm hoping. As I stated above, I think it's just a "bad" photo. An early one. Can't judge the figure yet!
By DSTZach
It is a prototype, but it will come with glasses, and the likeness will be more apparent with them on. I'll see about getting a new picture taken with them.

No Scoleri brothers, this is a GB1 line. The 12 figures we have planned only include a few figures that are variations of the main Ghostbusters. The rest are supporting cast and creatures. Dana should be in Series 2 with Peter and Egon.
ecto80, joeghostbuster, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
By MagicMan666
Hey DSTZach, thanks for coming here and answering everyones concerns. Prob a bit early to ask this since series one isn't out yet but do you know roughly when series 2 is likely to be out? And are you planning a GB2 line if these do well enough?
By DSTZach
MagicMan666 wrote:Hey DSTZach, thanks for coming here and answering everyones concerns. Prob a bit early to ask this since series one isn't out yet but do you know roughly when series 2 is likely to be out? And are you planning a GB2 line if these do well enough?
No idea on Series 2, but probably a few months after Series 1. What we do with GB2 is highly dependent on GB1 sales, I would imagine.
By DefenderDarko
Louis looks fine, better than that barbie doll piece of crap thing Mattel released.

It just needed the glasses.

Winston's sculpt is probably there, but it's getting lost in that paint job. The skin is way too light and red in tone.

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quick […]