Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By DefenderDarko
Sounds great! Any chance on taking another shot at Winston? He's so close, but needs some attention.
By JoeLuna33
I posted a bunch more over at the Ghostbusters of Southern California Facebook page www.facebook.com/gbofsc
By Matt Campbell
Love these, but I'm sure like most others I'm curious as to why no Egon? Especially since him and Venkman are supposed to be in the second wave together.
By 910dohead
LandoSystem wrote:Will there be 4 waves of 3 figures or 3 waves of 4 figures?
Besides Egon, who's left for the future?
My guess would be the only 2 figures we haven't seen yet are Egon and Stay Puft (who else would it be if not?)

1. Venkman 2. Stantz 3. Spengler 4. Zeddemore 5. Melnitz 6. Barrett/Zuul 7. Tully/Vinz 8. Gozer 9. Peck 10. Slimer 11. Terror Dog(s) 12. Stay Puft?

However, due to Stay Puft's size, maybe its someone else in the 6" scale? I can't think of someone else besides the mayor. Possibly Vigo but Zach from DST stated that this was strictly a line of figures from the first film only. Any other guesses?

I think these look awesome. Could use some improvements but overall I am stoked. FINALLY getting Janine in plastic!
By Alex Newborn
Glad they ditched the Lifegards from the earlier sculpts. Wish someone would put Louis' glasses on him for a pic.

Slimer with interchangeable heads... a neat concept but the sculpt is pretty off-model in my opinion.

I won't address the paint apps since these are not production figures.

Some likenesses are off, sculptwise, though many are already saying they will swap Zuul's head with Ripley's from the NECA line.

The presence of Janine, though, elevates the whole thing. Even if I hold off on some of the others that I already own from the NECA and Matty lines, she's a must, and then I'll need an Egon, and then probably a Keymaster... and so on and so on... until eventually I have to have the whole set.

Alex
By DSTZach
Four waves of three figures, plus some figures that will not be part of the build-a-diorama series.

There will not be a Stay-Puft in this line. We already make 11-inch and 23-inch Stay Puft banks, no need to make a smaller one just to give it a few points of articulation.

Figures are 7-inch scale, not 6-inch scale.

Egon is coming, I need to see if he's still in Series 2.

Not seeing any good pics here of Slimer and his alternate faces, but in my hands, he looks pretty on-model to me.
joeghostbuster, ecto80, 910dohead and 1 others liked this
By Doctor Venkman
AJ Quick wrote:There will be 12 figures total I believe it was said. We've only seen about 2/3 of them.
We've actually seen all of them except for one or two.

We've seen:
- Ray
- Winston
- Peter
- Janine
- Dana
- Louis
- Gozer
- Slimer
- Peck
- Terror Dog

So the two missing figures are:
- Egon
- Terror Dog (if they are going to be separate figures) or a mystery figure

DSTZach, can you confirm if the Terror Dogs count as only 1 figure of the 12, or are they going to be separate figures?

Also, you said there will be other figures not in the diorama series. Are they going to be the same scale, just different characters from the movies? If so, that's awesome!
By 910dohead
DSTZach wrote:Four waves of three figures, plus some figures that will not be part of the build-a-diorama series.

There will not be a Stay-Puft in this line. We already make 11-inch and 23-inch Stay Puft banks, no need to make a smaller one just to give it a few points of articulation.

Figures are 7-inch scale, not 6-inch scale.

Egon is coming, I need to see if he's still in Series 2.

Not seeing any good pics here of Slimer and his alternate faces, but in my hands, he looks pretty on-model to me.
Zach, thanks for the clarification and going out of your way to answer our questions. I will be at SDCC tomorrow and will get to check these out in person. Action figures always look better in hand.

Since the Terror Dog comes with interchangeable horns, I assume DST is only releasing the one? With confirmation of Egon and no Stay Puft in a series of 12, what character from the first film is going to make up the mystery 12th figure?
Kingpin wrote:Am I the only one willing to discuss the wicked guitar solo Ray's currently playing?
Haha, I was thinking the same thing at first glance!
By 910dohead
LandoSystem wrote:I think we all know who should be the 12th figure.
The Ginger Extra.
Haha! DST can add a voice box to the figure, "Ghostbusters! Alright!". The case assortment can have a dozen of him whereas the other eleven figures get only 2 per box. That way its ensured he shows up everywhere.

I've got my money on the bearded stoner in the Canadian tuxedo that scratches his chin during the campfire ghost stories segment of the montage.

It just occurred to me that they could make either character that Jennifer Runyon or Steven Tash perform? Then again, we're probably stuck with the Ted & Annette 2-pack.
By portugueseGB
I was going to preorder them at our shop but Ray is already gone. Then I tried DST's shop and they seem to cost twice (50 a figure) over there? Am I missing something?
By Doctor Venkman
portugueseGB wrote:I was going to preorder them at our shop but Ray is already gone. Then I tried DST's shop and they seem to cost twice (50 a figure) over there? Am I missing something?
Yes, you are. It says in the description:
"(Assortment contains two of each figure.)"

So it's not twice the cost. You just get two of each figure.

https://i.imgur.com/cMwtW9y.jpg Where do th[…]

Ecto Containment Unit

Hey sorry I never saw this…it’s just […]

Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]