Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
Yep. A Wal-Mart across the river put them out early and a friend alerted our GULF (Grown Up Lego Fans) group via Facebook.

A friend in another state reported he was also able to get an entire box too early from a WM in his area.

I mistakenly thought these would be theme park exclusives, so I was very happy to have a set so easily.

Alex
Alex Newborn wrote:Yep. A Wal-Mart across the river put them out early and a friend alerted our GULF (Grown Up Lego Fans) group via Facebook.

A friend in another state reported he was also able to get an entire box too early from a WM in his area.

I mistakenly thought these would be theme park exclusives, so I was very happy to have a set so easily.

Alex
We scored most of them this weekend. A few duplicates but we only need 3 for the whole set. You know there will be a second series at least
Hi all,
This is my first post so please be gentle. I think I can only put links to the pics. See below.
I've been reading the previous posts within this topic and thought this might be of some use to the GB Fans with the lego HQ set.

I lengthened the HQ by 8 studs . As you can see it does not look out of proportion from the extension.(my main concern when I started)This allowed the Ecto 1 to fit inside without taking out Janine's desk.
I replaced the 1/2 base with a 32x32 base and simply added 4 studs of bricks between the centre row of windows and the left and right rows.

I cannot give a list of parts used as I was constantly swapping bits and re ordering because of miscalculations and other changes during rebuilding . Just know it's a lot of dark red bricks. I was way short and had to order heaps more.
I also moved the lockers 4 studs away from the main front door so it can now open fully and moved walls to allow the beds to line up similar to the movie. These were the main issues I had with an otherwise brilliant lego set. I have no regrets.

I would like to fix the back wall but I think I spent enough money for now. My wife will kill me if I spend any more time and money on this......for now.
I hope this helps anyone thinking of doing this.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/142378090@N03/26687005446/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/142378090@N03/26687021146/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/142378090@N03/26107145274/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/142378090@N03/26107151524/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/142378090@N03/26440708030/in/dateposted-public/
Last edited by Kingpin on April 29th, 2016, 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added image links
Kingpin, Ecto-1 fan, Alex Newborn and 1 others liked this
Wow, the mods really make the difference and fix the proportions nicely. :)

You'd even have enough room to either add the mezzanine to the staircase in the engine bay, or a fourth locker for Winston, and you could move the Kitchen to the top level of the Firehouse, and have a lab, plus couch, on the middle floor. :)

I love the Checker Cab as well, you wouldn't happen to have some build instructions for that?

Awesome introduction, Alfyz13. :)
Alex Newborn liked this
Thanks for the positive response.
I am glad I did the extension it fixed alot of the issues I had.
I built the cab after I finished the GB HQ because I felt the set wasn't complete with just a zombie . I built it like the HQ by just putting bits together and seeing how it looked. I used the Ecto 1 as a base to start and then just tinkered with it until I was happy with the look. I re-arranged the front end 4 times to get the look I wanted and alot of different parts to experiment with.
I'm old school and prefer to build it this way .Unfortunatley this method makes it hard to give instructions and costly because you have to buy lego pieces to try things out.
I have submitted the cab to Lego ideas and am hoping it will be successful so that they can make a set. I know they can design a better cab than me with their experience.
I just wanted the GB fans that have the HQ to know that extending it can fix some issues that people had with the set and show that it still looks good when streched.
Alex Newborn liked this
Thanks.
Lights will be cool. I'd like to light the HQ and Ecto 1 with sirens but don't want to drill holes in my lego.
Besides I've spent enough money for now.
If you live in the US the cost might not be that bad.
I had to order some lego from the US and postage was $32. Postage was the big cost.
I would eventually like to do the back wall.
For now I might just refine the interior with more shelves and equipment , arcade machine etc.
You will enjoy the doing the extension .It'll be quick to do if you have most of the bits.

For Alex I have more pics of the taxi at Lego Ideas
https://ideas.lego.com/projects/139257
Alex Newborn liked this
Dang. I wish you would've posted that taxi a few weeks ago before I built the Lego Batman 2 version. I definitely like the front of yours better.

The extension looks good. I'd consider it with mine but I don't think it would fit in my display cabinet if I lengthened it. It's cool to see all the variations, though.
Alex Newborn liked this
After the great cityscapes in MonsieurCaron's video, and the wonderful extended Firehouse, this doesn't look nearly as impressive as I had hoped.

My first attempt at surrounding the Firehouse with street pieces fell short of my hopes. Those two old vintage roadplates just won't cut the mustard anymore.

In the end I used my dark gray 16x32 half plates, four of them, plus a green one that doesn't show from the angle of the photo. I hid a bunch of my minifigs and parts in the lee of the firehouse as well.

I was going to put in a lot of little vignettes but realized they wouldn't show up in the wide shot. Here's the only one I actually did.

Some of the vehicles seen in the traffic were purchased on clearance from various Books-A-Million stores near me: the cement mixer, one of the recycling trucks, the camper van. Some of these were as low as $10 down from $30.

I even bought a set I already had just because it was so cheap. I nabbed a second Ice Cream Machine and turned it into a little pink car.

Alex
You have a lot of vehicles. I only have 3. You should put the delorean hovering above the HQ . Maybe have the Ghostbusters trying to blast it ? I did see yoda on the roof top.
If you have any modular buildings ,try adding them to the side and/or back of the HQ . It will make a big difference to the look . Unfortunately you won't be able to open the HQ.
I've taken a pick with the Palace cinema to the side of GB HQ. If I had another modular I'd put it at the back with a dumpster in the laneway.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/142378090 ... 598403302/
I was like "Yoda?" and scrolled back up to my pics. It's actually the Statue of Liberty minifig...

... but from that overhead angle her crown spikes do look like Yoda ears. And they are both green. Here's a blowup of the original pic so you can see her a bit better. Sorry it gets a little pixelated when I zoom.

I've got some Lego Yodas, though. Including this one:

I so *wish* I had the similarly large Statue of Liberty from long ago, but I balked at its $200? price and now it's impossibly rare and expensive.

Yeah, I have way more vehicles than buildings. I don't own any of the past modulars, but space would be an issue if I did, anyway.

I've since put the Delorean on the street and the blue Ford Anglia from Harry Potter is flying instead. (I put its steering wheel on the American side for these pics.)

Alex
Kingpin liked this
So I've got a handful of projects on the go regarding the Lego Ghostbusters, some of which are pretty much ready to reveal, some that are still in the works. Here's a few that are ready to show:

It's continually bugged me that the Packs didn't have something to represent the Ion Arm. At first I though a 1x1 slope on a technic brick might achieve the look, but I never found a technic piece that was short enough to work.

And then, after getting some parts together to make a full Proton Pack for a spare Winston figure I donated to my brother, I had a brainwave (and I don't think anyone's posted this earlier in the topic), using a 1x1 square plate and a 1 x 1 - 1 x 1 bracket (42446):

I'd also been toying with this one for a while:

I was originally going to use stone grey levers for the side pieces, but had to drop that idea after seeing how rare they've become. The minifigure vest is a little loose, but it does allow for a pair of 1x1 square tiles to play the role of the project boxes on the side of the Tripod Trap.

I was originally planning to make an actual tripid for the Trap, however a steering/valve wheel that would've been in the right scale was too thin for any clip parts to fix to. In the end I tried out a palm tree top on a whim, and it actually worked.

Because the central grey brick has four side studs, there's even one left over for those who want to attach a string piece so it can be attached to a Tripod Trap control box. I'll post a part list for the Tripod Trap at some point later for anyone who wants to replicate it.
As I said on FB, the Peck pic took me a second to get the reference. Very nice.

I've made a small Bricklink order myself, first one in several weeks. Of course, I was unable to find every part I wanted with one seller, so I will be making more.

The frustrating thing is, I am matching an item seen in Lego Dimensions, and there's a part that is available in the right color in LDD, but I cannot find it in that color on Bricklink.

Now I am kinda wanting an Ecto-2 as well.

Alex
Oh, it's nothing huge. It's the microwave oven seen in Dana's kitchen in the Lego Dimensions level cutscene. I can't find the 'box' in reddish brown.

I can build it in that color in LDD, but the part doesn't seem to be available on Bricklink. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Alex
Some more mini projects I've been working on that are now at the right stage to reveal:

The absence of an official LEGO part of the appropriate size required a degree of customisation for the handles, something the purist in me was reluctant to do, but it had to be done.

Next up, Venkman's office:

I was never happy with the design LEGO came up with, so here's the result of lots of tinkering. And it can be easily configured either to look like when the Firehouse has first been refurbished:

And as shown above, after several weeks of business:

Of course, Venkman's office isn't complete without a prominent historical photograph:

A closer look at the historical photo (which I think is as good as it's ever going to be, pending tweaking of the line art for the scale):

And a comparison against the original photograph:

And a final parting vignette:

VERY cool stuff!

You would post these pics right after I had to go to four Bricklink sellers to get the small amount of parts I needed for something minor.

Ah well, maybe someday I'll steal those meter designs.

I like your 'Durston' print for the back wall of Peter's office.

Here was my approach. After my firehouse wall was built, I took this pic. Note that only one horse has a harness on!

I did some digital tweaking to get it to fit in a square shape. The horses were moved closer together and some of the extra firemen were painted out or cropped out.

And here it is in situ...

Alex

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]