Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
Some of you may have heard rumors about a Ghostbusters pinball machine that's coming out this year by one of the very few pinball manufacturers that's still around.

Today, several leaks happened which show what the cabinet art will look like on the two different models, what the playfield will look like, and what part of the playfield art will look like.

I'm a big pinball fan so I figured I'd start a thread with the current leaks in case there are any other people that have a mild interest in pinball. The rumor is the machine will be officially announced sometime in the next 30-45 days. It could be announced any day now. As more info becomes available, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Images have been removed due to a copyright claim by Stern Pinball.
Alex Newborn, tito liked this
Doctor Venkman wrote:Wow... that's awesome.

Will these be made available for private sale or only to arcades? How much does something like this run?
Anyone can purchase one. I think it's a 50/50 split on who gets pinball machines nowadays. Half go to operators which go on location and the other half stay in private collections. Stern usually markets three versions of every machine: Pro, Premium, Limited Edition.

The Pro is around $5500 and is geared towards operators. It usually doesn't have all the features that the Premium and LE have. I think one reason for that is for reliability purposes.

The Premium is around $6800 and is geared towards the home market. It usually has all the features of the LE.

The LE is around $8000 and is for sure geared towards the home market. It's basically a Premium but with special art.

Rumor has it that only a Pro and LE are going to be released for GB but many are speculating that Stern is saying that so that they'll sell out their limited editions and as soon as they do they'll announce a Premium.

These aren't cheap machines by any means but if you're a pinball fan, you are used to the prices. I have three pinball machines personally and plan on getting a GB when they go on sale. I've known about the machine for months so I've set funds aside to make the purchase. I'm planning on getting the Pro right now because it's much cheaper and because I prefer the Ecto-1 art to Slimer. It's all going to come down to what features they cut from the Pro. If they ever release a Premium I'll probably trade in my Pro.
Yeah I quit the gbfans a while ago but saw this leaked here. Pinball is very much an active hobby for me. I own 7 and will more than likely be picking this up. The prices quoted are msrp. The pros generally sell for 4300 to 4800. Depends on the distributor and if you have a history with them. They make no mention of a premium but we all assume it will be coming. That is basically an le without the art trim or the limitedness. Sometimes the le has something that essentially is game breaking and suck. Metallica with the hammer comes to mind. Other times it is required to make a great game even better. Acdc comes to mind with the lower playfield. I have heard that the premium will be the one to have here. Just hope I can convince my wife to swing for it.
You could get an 18 month no interest credit card or just buy one used. The issue is the damn things multiply...
Syco54645 wrote:You could get an 18 month no interest credit card or just buy one used. The issue is the damn things multiply...
Quoted for truth. Haha.

I started out with one machine two years ago and now I have three sitting in my gameroom. I've purchased a total of five now (sold two last year to get two new ones). I thought everyone was crazy when they said that buying one will make you want more but that theory holds up for me. If you've never played pinball before, give it a shot. You might be surprised. It's even more fun when you own one because you can play it over and over again and learn how to play properly.
Syco54645 liked this
By Syco54645
below_radar_00 wrote:
Syco54645 wrote:You could get an 18 month no interest credit card or just buy one used. The issue is the damn things multiply...
Quoted for truth. Haha.

I started out with one machine two years ago and now I have three sitting in my gameroom. I've purchased a total of five now (sold two last year to get two new ones). I thought everyone was crazy when they said that buying one will make you want more but that theory holds up for me. If you've never played pinball before, give it a shot. You might be surprised. It's even more fun when you own one because you can play it over and over again and learn how to play properly.
Plus it is cheaper to try new strategies of play when you own it. Biggest skills are one flipper at a time, not flipping when the ball gets near you, and nudging.
What games do you have?
I currently have
Kewpie Doll
Argosy
Truck Stop
World Cup Soccer
Shadow
Congo
Spider-man (2007)

Owned in the past
Bride Of Pinbot
Jack*Bot
Oooh. Some EM's in there!

Also, never heard of Truck Stop before. Had to look it up. Very interesting! How do you like that one?

I currently have:
Star Trek Premium (Stern)
High Speed II: The Getaway
Hearts Spades Cocktail (Allied Leisure)

I've owned:
Grand Lizard
Jurassic Park

GB is up next for me obviously but I'm also hoping to get a Cyclone, a pitch & bat, and maybe a Gottlieb Strikes and Spares if I can track one down. My cocktail machine is an early SS machine with the chimes and it has me interested in finding a top rated early SS machine that's set up a bit like an EM.
By Syco54645
Truckstop is easily one of my favorite games. If I had to choose a game to get rid of it would be spiderman. Too easy and repetitive. I have amazing games on it all the time.
I want a cocktail table if only for the novelty. Not sure how well it would last in a collection. I have room for 6 more games easy. Then I will be having problems.
I bought my cocktail in non-working condition last year. I figured I'd just use it as a table in my game room but then decided I wanted to get it back up and running. I had the boards repaired and now it actually plays but I still need to do a lot of work on it. One of the displays doesn't work right and some of the switches on the game don't seem to work. One of these days I'll get around to it. I like it but if I get a good early SS game I may have to part with it. The good thing about them is that they don't take up much space at all but it sounds like space isn't an issue for you. It won't be for me in a few weeks either because we're moving to a new house and I made sure to find a house with more game room space. I'm sure it'll be an issue at some point but it'll take me a little while.
Syco54645 liked this
By EgonsGal
I'm sure I've played a GB pinball machine before...can't remember where or when though :( But I know I played it cuz I was complaining of the noise it was making as it made the quotes harder to hear LOL
By Syco54645
below_radar_00 wrote:I bought my cocktail in non-working condition last year. I figured I'd just use it as a table in my game room but then decided I wanted to get it back up and running. I had the boards repaired and now it actually plays but I still need to do a lot of work on it. One of the displays doesn't work right and some of the switches on the game don't seem to work. One of these days I'll get around to it. I like it but if I get a good early SS game I may have to part with it. The good thing about them is that they don't take up much space at all but it sounds like space isn't an issue for you. It won't be for me in a few weeks either because we're moving to a new house and I made sure to find a house with more game room space. I'm sure it'll be an issue at some point but it'll take me a little while.
Congrats on the house.
As far as earlier solid state I am trying to find a Silver Ball Mania. Really dig that game.
By Syco54645
EgonsGal wrote:I'm sure I've played a GB pinball machine before...can't remember where or when though :( But I know I played it cuz I was complaining of the noise it was making as it made the quotes harder to hear LOL
My friend built a custom one. It would have been near Pittsburgh if you played it. It has been featured on blogs and podcasts.
Syco54645 wrote:
EgonsGal wrote:I'm sure I've played a GB pinball machine before...can't remember where or when though :( But I know I played it cuz I was complaining of the noise it was making as it made the quotes harder to hear LOL
My friend built a custom one. It would have been near Pittsburgh if you played it. It has been featured on blogs and podcasts.
The custom machine is a rethemed Flash Gordon isn't it?

Here's a video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnPC9qEh-kM

Besides that, the only Ghostbusters pinball machines are the two little Remco games:

And the Pinball Arcade video game version:

(Sorry Kingpin, the Youtube code still doesn't work and I can't remember the proper way to embed the video)
Yes it is just a retheme of flash gordon. The pinabll arcade is just a retheme of haunted house.
Update time!

A source told last night (Tuesday night) that the game is going to be announced tomorrow (Thursday). Stern Pinball, the company who's making the game, all but confirmed that today via their Facebook page. They like to black out their cover photo on Facebook whenever an announcement is coming that day or the next day and one hour ago, they blacked their cover photo. I've heard some rumors that they might announce at 6pm today EST but my source said tomorrow.

We should have hands on footage next week because the game is supposed to be at Amusement Expo in Las Vegas and then right after that it'll be at Texas Pinball Festival. I'll be sure to update the thread as things happen!
Ernie Hudson is coming out to the pinball launch party in Minneapolis. I'm pretty pumped for this -I used to post back at GBcentral way back around 1999. I figured I'd give some of you a heads up because I think it will be something special. April 30th at Surly Brewing Co.
below_radar_00 liked this
I just heard the Minneapolis launch party is also getting a local Ghostbuster franchise's support with an appearance of their Ecto-1! This is going to be truly special. I've been to so many of these launch parties and have had a lot of fun, but none have been to this scale.

If you're posting here Minneapolis Ghostbusters, thank you!
Some cool news today!

A company called Farsight makes a game called Pinball Arcade for Android, IOS, Xbox, Playstation, and PC (Steam). Pinball Arcade faithfully re-creates real world pinball machines and does a fantastic job. It was announced a few months ago that they were going to partner with Stern Pinball which meant that some newer games were going to come to Pinball Arcade. Today I spotted a Kickstarter for AC/DC, a machine from 2012, to come to Pinball Arcade. At the bottom of the campaign it also says that the new Ghostbusters machine is being released in the Fall. Pinball Arcade lets you play tables for free until you hit one of the default high scores so there is a nice little try before you buy aspect to the game. Then you can choose to pay for just that table or buy a pack of tables for a discounted price.

Pretty cool to see that anybody will be able to play this machine later this year regardless of whether or not there's one on location around them!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/10 ... cade-ac-dc

Hard to tell if it’s an actual black fligh[…]

Matty PKE Question...URGENT

Good morning everyone! I have a local toy colle[…]

Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]