Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
I saw that on FB.

I collected a few Playmobils as a kid. Seems like I have a glow-in-the-dark Playmobil ghost-in-sheet somewhere, complete with real metal ball and chain attached to his ankle.

I found that pic online, as well as a few other Playmobil iterations of ghosts they've done over the years.

And I want to say someone once used a Playmobil police car to give their Kenner Ecto some working lights.

[Edit: found the thread but the pic links are dead. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19190&p=306736&hil ... to#p306736

I really hope they do an Ecto.

Plus, they have been known to do a firehouse before...

Alex
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Fun to look back on my older comments on this thread and see that I was correct about both an Ecto and a firehouse... but the full line of the Playmobil GBs surpasses my fond hopes.

In addition to the past offerings like ghosts, seen above, I had an idea that certain other older Playmobil toys like police cars and garbage trucks might come in handy to flesh out the scene.

And then I had this impish thought of Tracy the Gorilla coming by the firehouse for a visit.

He just needs a fedora.

Alex
Janine's desk and a firehouse lamp seem to be from an Old West set offered in 1994, the Sheriff's office (3786).

Meanwhile, her computer, phone, and chairs look to be from set 7224, office equipment.

The tripod looks to have been used in several sets that featured all eras of still or video cameras. The camcorder in this set is an existing sculpt as well, still trying to track down its origin.

The dresser with four drawers looks to be a match to this dresser/entertainment cabinet with two drawers, from set 5308. Check out that fireplace, though. Could've been a cool addition to the Firehouse.

Alex
Last edited by Alex Newborn on June 21st, 2017, 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Egon's microscope and test tube rack have been in numerous sets... including this bizarre Frankenstein-esque set 4880.

No surprise the firehouse's fire hydrant is an existing piece, as seen in 5366...

... as well as that other firehouse (5981) which I mentioned earlier in this thread.

[I sure wish the GB Firehouse had come with a one-solid-piece staircase like 5981, instead of that one-stair-at-a-time snap together thing.
Image ]

I'm sure I could find the stool, bookshelf, pans, etc. if I looked a little harder.

And then there's this piece...

... which comes from some really old space sets.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what to call it though.

Alex
I bought some used Playmobil animals off eBay with the intention of spray-painting them to look like the statues of Patience and Fortitude at the New York Public Library... so I guess you could call these 'second-hand lions'.

I didn't know Playmobil had made pigeons/doves in blue and white, so when I stumbled across those by accident while browsing eBay, I nabbed a few.

Then on Tuesday, my son had a doctor's appointment that took us to a town with a TRU, so I wandered around and very nearly forgot to check the Playmobil aisle. I saw that they had lots of the Egon and Venkman sets in stock, so I grabbed some extras.

I couldn't figure out how to disassemble the Klicky figures, but it was a short trip through the internet to find a tutorial video on a simple pressure method.

Then you just swap the parts you want and Klick them back together. (Make sure the arms are in the upward position.)

This gave me a 'clean' Venkman-- who will shortly get a new nametape via a home-printed sticker-- and yielded a slimed Egon.

Next I modified the wig of the spare Egon to get rid of those ugly Basset hound ear sideburns (the hair was originally sculpted for an Elvis Klicky).

In hindsight, I only really needed one extra Egon to make the Venkman, and then I could have put the slimed Egon's modified hair on the regular Egon body. But I usually prefer to have my 'pristine' figures not counted among my customs.

Four clean GBs, plus Egon without sideburns.

Now to make a tiny 'Venkman' sticker.

Alex
Kingpin liked this
I scanned the disassembled Venkman torso twice to try to get all the letters as flat as possible, then cut and pasted them pixel by pixel until I got a nice clean nametape design. (Upper right corner.)

I printed the finished nametape section while the photo was still in the software, it had never been saved, so that meant it automatically went to the printer at life-size of whatever had been scanned.

I printed onto adhesive-backed paper, then laminated it with packing tape, and then cut it out. It was a perfect fit over the Spengler torso's existing nametape.

It came out a little more pink than red on the letters, but it's less noticeable to the naked eye than it was to the camera's flash.

Alex
Kingpin liked this
Well, it took a month longer than it should have, but finally Playmobil replaced a defective part for my Firehouse.

Ultimately I put the broken black piece into the EKG machine I'd bought on eBay from a much older Playmobil operating theatre set.

The replacement pieces gave me the option of doing the GB version both with and without that 'desperately official' sticker that had the no-ghost Mooglie logo and the word Ghostbusters.

Alex
Spotted this in a Playmobil facebook group today... New sets revealed in a foreign catalog- 6" versions of all 4 guys, a 4-pack.... AND THE ECTO-1A!!! It looks like Slime Blower Ray comes with it too!

-James
below_radar_00 liked this
Very pleased that Playmobil is releasing an Ecto 1A and another set of the four Ghostbusters. I would really like to see Gozer and Vigo get figures at some point if possible. I am a little surprised that Playmobil is releasing a Slime Blower Ray figure now and not when they did the Ghostbusters II figures. I actually got two Winstons from that series so my Ray figure could have a Slime Blower.

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]