Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
Just a head's up to anyone who still collects Matty Ghostbuster items, there is a sale starting tomorrow where everything they have left is going on sale w/ free US shipping. Here's the quote:

As of December 31, 2016, we will be shutting down the website as we transition to Super7 to manufacture and deliver the Masters of the Universe and adult collector lines. Subscriptions and orders for 2016 will remain unaffected, and the site will continue to operate through the end of the year. For the past two years, Super7 has proven to be a great partner, and we look forward to seeing them continue to grow the Masters of the Universe line. They will unveil the expanded line for 2017 at San Diego Comic-Con.

To help you complete your collections before the end of the year, we’ll be opening the Vault beginning Thursday, July 21 at 9 a.m. PT. All 2014 and 2015 items, and select 2016 items, will be available for sale at that time. They’ll remain in the shop until the end of the year or while supplies last, whichever comes first. For our U.S.-based collectors, any Vault products you buy during San Diego Comic-Con will arrive with free domestic ground shipping.*

We thank you for your dedication and support through the years.

Sincerely,
MattyCollector.com
I know. I was holding out hope for all their "in a movie year" talk. I wanted it just for fun, in case someone wanted to throw together a more respectable costume than the Halloween versions. I don't need it, but I think it's weak that they never tried.
Not surprised.. The matty wand and pke were in stock Sitting for months, year plus. now theyre on ebay for 3 x times the money. They failed in so many ways, but biggest is they couldnt get public awareness. Be nice if mattel reproduced some of the props. . . . .
i do have sealed pkes, wands and goggles if someone wants to over pay for them or trade for other for other gb stuff
Sallah wrote:Yeah, I figured there wouldn't be anything old popping back up...

I am curious when they will start discounting the 2 packs and courtroom Egon though.

Sallah
Exactly why I picked up the 2-packs a month ago. I was waiting to see if they'd maybe go on sale given time but figured they never would so just decided to get them while I could
Looking forward to adding the 30th anniversary two packs to my collection. I must say after all that has happened with the Ghostbusters line from 2011 up to the present I am not surprised that Mattel is dropping it. I really wish that the Ecto 1 had gotten made and that the proposed 5 inch Real Ghostbusters action figures.
Wow. I was checking in on the latest matty news. Kept hoping for a pack to go with the wand or news of the real ghostbusters line they promised was coming in 2015. I was so hoping for rgb pack, trap, and pke. Just after their games and stunt with the ecto I thought it wasn't likely. However, this was a movie year but comiccon came and went. Oh well. Good news for me. I had like $800 held back in the 2 year budget to get the props and just this morning I had to spend $300 over budget on our vacation flight next year. Never a bad thing to find extra money. Who knows I might pull the trigger on avonos pack. Should be lighter than my monster.
They wouldn't have paid the sculptors to sculpt those figs just to not make them...during a movie year....while they still have the license.

And out of curiosity, where did we get the 5inch scale idea from? I don't remember Scott mentioning them being in a different scale than the movie figs.
I bought some figures from Matty Collector...but seriously their shipping rates were ****damn ridiculous. Also when I saw the figures on Big Lots shelves...I was practically foaming at the mouth with rage. Good bye and good riddance.
petesapie wrote:why does it show two different stantz figures for sale. one saying its only going to be made if ecto gets enough preorders.
Hey Pete!

You have to read the whole thing, including the dates. It's the blurb from when they were shilling for the Large Ecto. They were just too lazy to write new copy.

"Pre-order Starts: July 19, 2013 12 p.m. PT
Minimum Pre-order Goal: Ecto-1 minimum pre-order goal must be reached by August 19, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. PT
Pre-order Ends: If the Ecto-1 minimum pre-order goal is reached by August 19, 2013, pre-orders will be taken through November 5, 2013 11:59 p.m. PT

What’s better than an undersea, unexplained mass sponge migration? How about Ray Stantz, the heart of the Ghostbusters™ team, revving up his beloved Ecto-1 and heading out to pursue pesky paranormals? The new Ray Stantz figure is available now for pre-order, and he’s ready to roll!

In order for production of this Ray Stantz™ figure to move forward, we’ll need to hit the minimum pre-order goal for the Ecto-1 by August 19, 2013, at 11:59pm PT. Once you place your order, keep checking the Ecto-1 thermometer right here to see how it’s going throughout the pre-order period.

What happens if the pre-order goal for the production for the Ecto-1 is not met? Total protonic reversal? No… but this figure will not be produced!"

I find it funny that the Ecto was never made but somehow these figures turned into the 30th anniversary set and got produced.

As for the two Rays, the one mentioning the Ecto has the Removable Pack, Stream and Stand...the other Ray has the molded on Pack and comes with the No Ghost Logo Figure.
Got my three Peter Venkman action figures, still really surprised that Mattel has Ghostbusters action figures in their vault after all this time. Hope that their is an after Christmas sale so I can get both of the 30th anniversary two packs. I would have gotten them during the Cyber Monday sale, but I did not like how only the Ray & Winston two pack was discounted.
Just a quick heads up for anyone that is interested, Matty Collector has dropped the price on the Courtroom Egon Spengler action figure to $15.00, flying stands are $7.50, both Peter Venkman and Ray Stantz are $12.50. The two 30th anniversary twin packs are $50.00
And now there are no GB figures on their site at all when you click on the GB logo. It's over..... :(

I picked up 3 sets of each 30th dual pack. I've collected a lot from Matty over the years, got all released props except the "neutrino" wand, which is a bummer, but oh well. Matty's stuff wasn't perfect, but at least they tried and we have something physical to appreciate.
Thanks Matty!
Really surprised at quickly all of the left over stuff sold. As I mentioned before I really wished that the proposed Real Ghostbusters line had gotten made, especially since 2016 was the 30th anniversary of the show's premiere on ABC.

Still I am looking forward to collecting the rest of the Diamond Select Toys line of action figures, my hat is off to them for including the pieces to make Gozer's rooftop temple from the first movie/
I had a lot of fun collecting the Matty GB line. Interacting with most members on the forum, the excitement of SDCC and new announcements..., etc. It's something I still kinda miss regardless of the issues we had at the same time. There wasn't that excitement with the DST line.

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]