Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By TDotBabs
Frustrated by the lack of RGB merchandise, but TONS of 1984 movie swag out now, I decided to do some research to find out why. I discovered multiple companies, like Funko, 80stee.com and Zoobe, have approached Sony to manufacture things related to our cartoon pals, but for whatever reason, Sony is sitting on that license and refusing to let companies obtain the license for these characters.

So I talked to a rep from Ghost Corps, and while they stated that RGB is owned by both Sony and GC, they said Sony is waiting to see how DVD sales and streaming on Crackle go first. Thing is, the DVDs aren't that good quality, and Crackle only offers RGB in the US. Both of these things limit how well RGB will do overall. They said Sony won't look at fan demands, but ONLY at these numbers/sales.

Coupled with that are various sources stating Sony doesn't like RGB or EGB at all, and wants to focus on Ecto Force instead.

So....it doesn't look like we'll ever see any good RGB merchandise ever again at this rate. Granted we have the DVDs, Cryptozoic's stuff, and the odd bone Matty tosses us, but it doesn't look like we're going to have anything spectacular any time soon.
Wafflerobot liked this
By Wafflerobot
TDotBabs wrote: So....it doesn't look like we'll ever see any good RGB merchandise ever again at this rate. Granted we have the DVDs, Cryptozoic's stuff, and the odd bone Matty tosses us, but it doesn't look like we're going to have anything spectacular any time soon.
This is a real shame. Outside of the RGB minimates from a few years ago, the Matty collectors dolls and the Hotwheels RGB Ecto 1, there really hasn't been much out there to celebrate the cartoon. Which is kinda bad when you see so many cartoons and shows from that very same era get so much merchandise these days. Nice work chatting to Ghost Corps about this though, at least we have some kind of reason behind it .
By Leolao
Hi guys, I got an email from a guy who works in "Super 7", the company who got the rights of MOTU from Mattel and he told me that besides He-Man and Thundercats, they are pursuing the rights to make Ghostbusters figures and they gonna announce the news very soon, so I hope they can make the Real Ghostbusters figures that we are waiting from long time.
By weepel
Sony is waiting to see how dvd sales do before giving anyone the license? What about how the timeline set did? This is ridiculous, the new DVDs are such a let down and they are basing the whole RGB future on them.
By ShiftyHenry
Leolao wrote:Hi guys, I got an email from a guy who works in "Super 7", the company who got the rights of MOTU from Mattel and he told me that besides He-Man and Thundercats, they are pursuing the rights to make Ghostbusters figures and they gonna announce the news very soon, so I hope they can make the Real Ghostbusters figures that we are waiting from long time.
I asked Funko about these a while back and was told that Mattel would not allow them to do ReAction style figures for GB...which I would guess would be the direction super7 would take it (ala MotU). This person told you that they are pursuing it and do not have the license already?
By Peter Venkman Jr.
It is really disappointing that other the Real Ghostbusters figures for the upcoming second board game from Cryptozoic, not much other merchandise is currently coming out. Still I am feeling pretty hopeful since this year is the 30th anniversary of The Real Ghosbusters. Just recently I found a t shirt with the RGB characters on it for sale on Amazon and I bought it.

I do hope that Super 7 gets the license to make some action figures, Mattel announced that Real Ghostbusters action figures were coming out at the 2015 San Diego Comic Con, but nothing ever came of this, since Mattel since that they were canceling the Ghostbusters line.
    Reboot Proton Pack build 2016

Hi Y'all! :) I am resurrecting this thread because[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

I thought 6 inch was 6 inch.. I just looked the m[…]