Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
Hi all,

First post, long time lurker/GB fan. I've had a search through the forum a few times and found a few threads of members Kenner prototypes but many of those people have parted with them and moved on. Just wondering if there are any collectors still on the forum that have an interest in collecting Kenner RGB prototypes?

Later in the year I will hopefully have a permanent display setup sorted out for my collection and I would love to share some pics and chat pre-production with others!

Here is some of my stuff, pretty much all 2D in this shot:

The picture has a mix of proof cards, original art illustrations, concept boards and 3D prototype photography with a few odds and ends in there too (GB2 scripts, Marketing information and some DIC model sheets/style guides).

I collect pretty much anything from the GB toy line but I am really interested in prototypes from the original Fright Features series.

Maybe (if there isn't one already) this could be a bit of a roll call thread for vintage proto collectors?

Joe O
Hey Joe!

I'm sure you've come across Josh Blake on the forums if you've searched out prototype stuff. He has a lot of interesting stuff but I don't think he's active on the forum anymore. If you Google his name and Ghostbusters there's a few interesting things that pop up about his collection.

I personally don't have any prototype stuff but I'd love to hear more about how you got all the stuff pictured. Very neat collection there!
Hi Below_radar_00 :)

I know Josh quite well, in fact he got me hooked on GB protos a few years ago! We still talk from time to time but he's sadly moved on from RGB to concentrate 100% on Vintage Star Wars (a hobby we share) while I've kind of flip flopped back and forth over the years.

I would be happy to share some more info and images at some point, once I get my display sorted out (and a few more things arrive) I'll drop by with some more fun pictures :)
below_radar_00 liked this
Azurial wrote:Would you happen to own any of the production/prototype blueprints or technical drawings? I'd love to start work on a diy vehicle or two.
I have concept art images of the toys but no blueprints at the moment. The ecto-1 drawing in the picture is pretty detailed, I haven't got a scan of that image on my computer though sadly.
    Ghostbusters Day 2024

formally announce there will be more comics tease […]

GB News is calling the Pink Camo Tint the last mil[…]

New details https://i.imgur.com/0cWzlPm.jpeg […]

A Victorian Ghostbuster

Since September I put up a new shop building, and […]