Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
Hey everyone.
Firstly, sorry if the answer to this has been posted anywhere else.
I'm looking to get a hold of the 6" Figures, like the Matty collection.
I've tried eBay & the UK Amazon but they always seem to be in the £20/$30 range, plus postage.
I looked on the American Amazon, and they're as little as £10/£15, but then of course you add the international postage and it shoots up.
Does anyone know of anywhere in the UK, any collectors or shops that aren't Forbidden Planet, that may have them for a price that's closer to the American? Or am I just going to have to suck it up and pay UK prices?
I thought if anyone would know, they would be here.

Many thanks in advance!
Andy
With the exception of a couple of box sets (featuring the Ghostbusters II variants as memory serves), the majority of the figures based on the classic movies were exclusives to Matty Collector.com. The series is no longer in production, which is why the figures are more expensive now on eBay and Amazon, and even if you're lucky enough to come across them in a collectable shop, they're still likely to be marked up.

Unfortunately in this instance, the timing's worked out to be a little too late to get them for their original retail price. :(
Ecto-Andy liked this
Thanks for the advice mate. Looks like I'll just have to pay the price to get the figures. May look into the diamond ones first though, they see to be easier to get hold of. Plus I already have the SDCC Venkman. So many awesome GB figures out there that need to go with my Kenner ones. Cheers guys! :)

These lovely things arrived today! I'm so happy with them.
I'm displaying them on part of the Shandor roof stand that I got with the Diamond Ray, that I also got this week.

Comparing both the Mattel 6"s and Diamond (which I'm sure has been done a lot on this forum already), it's crazy the difference. I like the Diamond figures, but I find them a little odd. The proton stream accessory for example. Is it meant to attach to the wand? Because I can't see how. Also, why didn't they make it so you could fix the wand to the pack, like Mattel have done with theirs? Seemed like a no brainer.

Still, I'm happy with the figures, especially the Mattel's.
Kingpin liked this
There was a error with the first couple of diamond figures in regards to the proton steams. Later figures came with clips to attach them, if you message diamond select they will send you some, they did with me. Just be carefull as the streams are pretty fragile!
Ecto-Andy wrote:Comparing both the Mattel 6"s and Diamond (which I'm sure has been done a lot on this forum already), it's crazy the difference. I like the Diamond figures, but I find them a little odd. The proton stream accessory for example. Is it meant to attach to the wand? Because I can't see how. Also, why didn't they make it so you could fix the wand to the pack, like Mattel have done with theirs? Seemed like a no brainer.
Well, for one... Like MagicMan666 said, just contact Diamond, and they will send you the stream connectors.
MagicMan666 wrote:There was a error with the first couple of diamond figures in regards to the proton steams. Later figures came with clips to attach them, if you message diamond select they will send you some, they did with me. Just be carefull as the streams are pretty fragile!
As for the wand attaching to the pack... it does. It doesn't attach the same way as Mattel's, obviously, but there's a slot on the wand to put on the clip on the pack.
MagicMan666 wrote:There was a error with the first couple of diamond figures in regards to the proton steams. Later figures came with clips to attach them, if you message diamond select they will send you some, they did with me. Just be carefull as the streams are pretty fragile!
I'll be honest, I thought it was more likely be a production error, rather than Diamond just not bothering to put it in. That's cool to know, thanks, I'll get onto them.
Doctor Venkman wrote:As for the wand attaching to the pack... it does. It doesn't attach the same way as Mattel's, obviously, but there's a slot on the wand to put on the clip on the pack.
That is cool, I'm glad it can do that. Thanks for letting me know. :cool:

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]