Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
While talking with my "Florence Ghostbusters" buddies this morning on Facebook, in a discussion of figures we'd like to see DST make someday, the conversation turned to the trial scene from GB2.

I suddenly realized I had all the parts on hand already for a quickie custom Mattel-style "Courtroom Winston Zeddemore", so I went and dug them out from different locations...

At left, from a bag of leftover parts of other customs, I had a slimeblower Winston head on a lab coat body (which is itself parts from two figures, I believe). At middle, a Winston that I bought off eBay to use the head for a custom Marshmallow Mess Winston. [Not sure if I bought it this way or if it somehow got damaged in storage, but the left shoulder is fused and won't move, so I don't mind cannibalizing it for the hands.]

At right, not a Ghostbusters figure, it's Gotham DA Harvey Dent... but the Mattel Batman/Dark Knight lines used a lot of the same body parts for suit-wearing characters. I originally bought him for some other custom Ghostbuster courtroom project, but never did that one for some forgotten reason (probably because Matty actually made the character I was planning).

I used a hair dryer to get the hands out and the heads off. At this point, the main problem becomes evident... Winston had a design where the neck was continuous with the head, while Dent had a design where the neck was continuous with the body. You can't just pop WInston's head right on, or he will look like a giraffe.

I dremeled off Dent's neck with a diamond wheel.

Then I very carefully hollowed him out with a different burr bit. This was much easier back before I wore bifocals, let me tell you.

I kept testing the new hollow collar to see how well Winston's neck would fit inside, and when I got the opening large enough to fit but would still hold the neck nice and snug, I called it done.

Alex
CaptCyan, GabOchoa liked this
[Take the 'Sound of Music' joke and turn it into an 'Also Sprach Zarathustra' moment]

Do...

Re...

Egon...

WIN-STON!!!

The one chagrin in this wish fulfillment is that Matty didn't make the removable packs until after the trio of Courtroom figures. It works great slipping the pack over the suit jacket for Winston.

I might have to buy some more suited Batman figures and paint their jackets to match, for pre-pack suited GBs.

[EDIT: Duh, I have several Walter Pecks bought on clearance many moons ago. I can just use the jackets from those.]

Alex

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]