Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
Note: This repair is going to be installed into a customized Kenner Ghost Trap (which no longer worked because of a split in the stomp pedal) but I thought the technique for repairing a broken hose could be useful for other projects.

I got a used trap off eBay for less than twenty dollars because the hose was broken just a few inches from the trap body.

I disassembled the trap (which is tricky due to the placement of one decal across the seam of the body halves) and removed the 'hydraulic plunger' part. It's an air-driven cylinder which makes the doors open when the stomp pedal compresses air up the yellow tube.

I cut all of the 'short' end off and split the remnant longways to get it off the stem.

I heated the now 'straight' edge of the long section of hose (the part still attached to the stomp pedal) and slipped it over the stem.

It may be a few inches shorter, but it works again.

I haven't seen many examples of this where the hose was broken closer to the stomp pedal or in the middle, but theoretically, the same technique could be used at the pedal stem, or even at both ends if you found a section of hose the correct diameter and replaced the entire thing.

Alex
I have tried several methods over the years of changing the blue Kenner trap's tires to black. Paint wears off. Magic Marker and dye slide right off. The plastic just won't cooperate.

After taking a class on 3D printing this summer...

The design in Tinkercad was easy, but not conducive to printing. We cut it in half and printed it eight times.

Total cost of black ABS plastic... seventy cents.

Glued two halves together to make four wheels.

And yes... it really rolls.

Alex
CaptCyan liked this

Using rip-stop cotton and custom dye for each char[…]

The journey from commonplace to Ecto-75.

Whole car is great but the pack trolly...how?

Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]