First up... adding the temple doors.
Down the road, I may actually revisit this with a 3D scanned and printed version, but for now it is just a trompe l'oeil effect.
I took a photo of my recast Venky temple doors and had it printed smaller so it would fit into the DST opening.
The doors were 15.5" by 20.5", and needed to fit to a space in the DST dio that is 295mm by 304mm. In other words, a large rectangle needed to fit into a space that was almost a perfect square.
I took three approaches to this. I stretched it horizontally, but didn't like the squashed look it gave. I did a second version where I kept the center portion the correct ratio, and stretched just the sides.
This version is simply cropped at the top and bottom to remove some of the stairs and lines radiating at the top. Though this meant the loss of a quarter of the full image, it keeps the image true to the original.
I had all three images printed onto a thin plastic material at Office Depot for a total of of $4.33 and then spray-mounted them to foamcore.
I'm on the fence about cutting it down the centerline so the doors can 'open'.