For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By GBRD71
So i had this thought in my head:

What would the RGB proton pack look like if you added all the new stuff from the video game? How would that look in the style of art?

I mean, it would have to simplified and modified, since the RGB was massively modified from it's movie counterpart. How would you simplify the game version, yet still be true enough to the tech without losing a whole lot?

Here's what I came up with:

The antenna for the meson collider would obviously be retracted when not in use, but i had them extended for the drawing. the RGB pack did not have the ion arm with the ion rod, so I figured for the show they would just make them retractable antennas that hid inside the pack. I also hope you see the two vacuum tubes for the meson collider and the extra cylinder just above them as the stasis stream mod.

The slime tether attachment is essentially unchanged. The meson collider addition is just simplified, you just can't get rid of those vacuum tubes. and the extra boxiness of it is supposed to be inclusive of the boson darts and the stasis stream. I left the big flip switch but added four lights (red, blue, yellow and green), each would have a color for the respective mode the pack is in.

I'm going to color these later by hand, but I want to try a few different color combos, so I'll probably just print a few sheets so I dont have to worry about messing up the originals
By Ray Stanz GB
nice, im looking forward to seeing your final product
By giantsloar
Nice job! that looks like it'd be on RGB.

Are you planning on added anything for the stasis stream?
By GBRD71
giantsloar wrote:Nice job! that looks like it'd be on RGB.

well actually if you look at the pack you'll notice a horizontal canister above the two vacuum tubes, that's the addition for the stasis stream. My thinking was that the RGB pack is so simplified compared to the regular pack that an extra canister would be in keeping with the streamline style.

The PS2 version of the game does something similar, but I didn't want to add the lame purple coil on the thrower like the game did, so I just added the canister.
By giantsloar
GBRD71 wrote:
giantsloar wrote:Nice job! that looks like it'd be on RGB.

well actually if you look at the pack you'll notice a horizontal canister above the two vacuum tubes, that's the addition for the stasis stream. My thinking was that the RGB pack is so simplified compared to the regular pack that an extra canister would be in keeping with the streamline style.

The PS2 version of the game does something similar, but I didn't want to add the lame purple coil on the thrower like the game did, so I just added the canister.

Ah I see it, again very nice. Can't wait to see the colored version.
By GBRD71
Ryusui wrote:That is absoulutely oozing creativity.

Gonna build it? :grin:
not sure yet, it would be cool if someone else out there liked it enough to try.

If i do build it's gonna be a while, I'm still working on my first pack and that still has a ways to go.

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]

I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just t[…]

Matty PKE Question...URGENT

Depending on the price, it might be worth snatchin[…]

I have a full sized spirit pack, and I have the gh[…]