For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
Wow, skanker, that's cool, and yet so disappointing!
Are those boxes blastable? If so, we could possibly see it in the tutorial level if we're careful and only take out the offending box. Anyone here who's not at work care to check that?
NR1 wrote:I'm very curious as to why there are no original slime blowers sitting around the basement with all the other gear and stuff. The game implies that the Mark II Slime Blower is brand new, so I would think that they would have been using the old gear up until this point. Oh well...
I kinda just figured that they cobbled all the old slimeblower parts into the new packs.
Ryusui wrote:Wow, skanker, that's cool, and yet so disappointing!
Are those boxes blastable? If so, we could possibly see it in the tutorial level if we're careful and only take out the offending box. Anyone here who's not at work care to check that?
Checked it, I think you can still see a sleeve or something, but the boxes aren't blastable. They just burn like the walls. A lot of the stuff down there isn't blastable. I guess they knew we'd blow everything up if it was and that would present some issues I guess.

I also saw the blue tarp covered object, don't think it's ecto-8 but you never know.
GBStantz wrote:Anyone have any guesses as to what the big rectangular thing wrapped up in gray plastic in the basement is?
Dont know what it is but i spent all of a hour trying to get it up stairs it moves around but you have to get it loose by edgeing it towards the containment unit
mccoym2 wrote:
GBStantz wrote:Anyone have any guesses as to what the big rectangular thing wrapped up in gray plastic in the basement is?
Dont know what it is but i spent all of a hour trying to get it up stairs it moves around but you have to get it loose by edgeing it towards the containment unit
That big rectangular thing by the sub basement door? Always shatters when i try to move it. I just assumed it was an extra bed or something wrapped in plastic to keep it dry.
Wiggyof9 wrote:
Ryusui wrote:Wow, skanker, that's cool, and yet so disappointing!
Checked it, I think you can still see a sleeve or something, but the boxes aren't blastable. They just burn like the walls. A lot of the stuff down there isn't blastable. I guess they knew we'd blow everything up if it was and that would present some issues I guess.

I also saw the blue tarp covered object, don't think it's ecto-8 but you never know.

I checked too.Knowing it's there,you can make out uniform bits in the lower box.If you didn't know ahead of time you'd never see it or know what it was suppossed to be.Still pretty neat though.
In the cemetary level as ur walking through the tunnels u see a casket hanging down from the ceiling. I may be mistaken but it looks like the phantom of the opera mask is on the outside.
By pepe008
MERGED INTO THE BIG COOL FIND TOPIC

hi all,

this is most likely old news, but i was looking around the fire house today and found the gb2 sign from the front of the building and the gb2 car doors, if you have not seen them they are behind peters office on the left hand side. look though the window next to the water cooler and you can see them. :cool:
not a 'easter egg' as much but a neat find anyways. when you go to the PS3's dashboard go to the game icon and select the icon for the game but don't hit the start or x button. as you know you get the ghostbusters themed background with the 4 guys but it plays the ENTIRE song of Ghostbusters by RPJ!
:cool:
I'm pretty sure on the shelves over by the hardhats across from Louis's desk is a commodore 64.

Skank: Any hope in hell of them adding multiplayer for the PC version, BTW?
This may be a stupid question... and I'm sorry if it is.. but I've noticed that Jenine answers the telephones in the firehouse via a cordless headset... Did she do the same in the movies?? I can't recall..

It just seems odd that she would be answering phones via a cordless headset since this game takes place in 1993.. and were cordless headsets even around then for telephones??
Marc2006 wrote:This may be a stupid question... and I'm sorry if it is.. but I've noticed that Jenine answers the telephones in the firehouse via a cordless headset... Did she do the same in the movies?? I can't recall..

It just seems odd that she would be answering phones via a cordless headset since this game takes place in 1993.. and were cordless headsets even around then for telephones??
It's "Janine", and no, she didn't.

And it's 1992. I imagine it's meant to be a corded one, and that it's just unplugged when she's up from her desk.

...But then, we have cordless Ghost Traps and the world's first PDA in the PKE.
Marc2006 wrote:This may be a stupid question... and I'm sorry if it is.. but I've noticed that Jenine answers the telephones in the firehouse via a cordless headset... Did she do the same in the movies?? I can't recall..

Egon made a particle accelerator that fits on your back in 1984, I'm sure he can rig up a wireless headset in 1991.
Marc2006 wrote:Yeah.. I figured it was one of Egon's inventions - I just didn't know whether or not it was present in the movies..
to my knowledge, no she didn't.

We had her go wireless for technical reasons.
Haha! Very cool! I also loved how her hair style and clothing appearance changed during the different treks back to the Firehouse.. Made the game that much more realistic!

I'm always a fan of attention to detail in games - and this game was full of details! :cool:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this, but there is a Blues Mobile near one of the artifacts (I think it's a cone?). It doesn't have the giant megaphone, but if you get near it it plays blues music.
Oh yeah I guess it would help if I mentioned where it was lol. It's on the Times Square level in a back alley right after Venkman says the line about "putting a bell around his neck."

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]