400 eh? :cool: I'm surprised there are that many Ecto-1 replica's even around, although most don't seem to be the correct model. Anyway I noticed the left side of the front bumper is closer to the headlights than the other side. It looks like it hit a speed bump too hard. :boogieman:

EDIT: At second glance it doesn't look to be the correct model as the original Ecto-1, so who knows what model they refer to with the 400.
Leon Zundinger wrote:400 eh? :cool: I'm surprised there are that many Ecto-1 replica's even around
He was talking about 400 Miller Meteors, not Ecto replicas.
At second glance it doesn't look to be the correct model as the original Ecto-1
It isn't a Miller Meteor, it had rectangular rear quarters in the passenger cabin which have been cut to add some extra windows to the vehicle.
Disregarding the details, a very nice bit of television, though! Something that struck me was their comments on how difficult it is to go around the corner apparently, which immediately bring the image of Aykroyd's rather adventurous corner-taking to mind... :-)
Kingpin wrote:Fixed the title, the BBC has Top Gear a similar, but far superior show which Fifth Gear can only dream of copying.
Gosh. The Brits really want me to know that its on Channel Five and not BBC. I've been contacted nearly a dozen times by now!
AJ Quick wrote:
Magickman wrote:I'm glad someone else noticed the windows. :lol: Not a bad replica, it's ok.
For not being a Miller.. the windows were a brilliant addition.
Oh I agree, it was a nice addition and would fool the average person completely. Although it's modifications like that that makes pro car enthusiasts even angrier than just turning one into an Ecto replica. I would really love to see the faces of some of the guys and gals on the NHAA boards after they see this video. :lol:
Dan AKA wrote:Let the "pro" classic car enthusiests do whatever in the hell they want with thier cars, and let the people who convert cars into an ecto-1 do whatever they want.

It's not like they're spending each other's money.

You are so right, Dan!

If I had the cash, I'd buy any 59 MM and turn it into one kick a$$ Ectomobile myself :)

Well, I'd have to hire someone as I'm not mechanichally enclined.

It's probably easier building a Proton Pack from scraps, than restoring a 59 MM :lol:
gamera1968 wrote:
Dan AKA wrote:Let the "pro" classic car enthusiests do whatever in the hell they want with thier cars, and let the people who convert cars into an ecto-1 do whatever they want.

It's not like they're spending each other's money.

You are so right, Dan!

If I had the cash, I'd buy any 59 MM and turn it into one kick a$$ Ectomobile myself :)

Well, I'd have to hire someone as I'm not mechanichally enclined.

It's probably easier building a Proton Pack from scraps, than restoring a 59 MM :lol:
I worked in a body shop for a while.
Always worked on my own vehicles.

I've also always wanted an ambulance or a Hearse to do something like this with.

Unfortountly I've restored a 1951 firetruck, a '72 Mustang mach 1, 1972 volkswagon beattle and a 71 Karman Ghia.

It sucks lol. Worth it though.
I wanna do an ambulance in the worst way.
The Roach On Twelve wrote:Image
/ This is probably one of the rare instances where I'd side with the car enthusiasts, that dragster mod is horrible.

An Ecto conversion, on the other hand, is one of the most sympathetic. The car enthusiasts shoul go chase after the Dragster nuts rather than waste their time on us.
AJ Quick wrote:So much of it has been modified that you guys don't even really know how it started out. It is possible that it wasn't even a 59 Hearse to begin with...
True,

But thats not what it's there for.

Where an Ecto replica is supposed to look like something.
These are supposed to go fast and be functional.
Guys, that dragster is a 2:3 size replica. It's made of fiberglass, so have no fear....it is not metal. And the fact that the european Ecto started out as an S&S makes me very sad. I'm all about the Ecto, but to take such a rare and well regarded coach builder and modify it like that is blaspheme, at least from a collector's standpoint.
No!

Which is why I think it is rediculous that anyone would be upset about those windows. They are most likely just black stickers and some kind of chrome edging.

Professional car collectors made the same fuss when Sean turned his Superior Hearse into a Superior Ambulance. He cut the rear windows in and had everything done to the exact blueprints.. so it came out as a perfect Ambulance.. and yet people are pissed off about that. I guess those idiots would rather have seen an unrestored and rotting Superior Hearse than a fully restored Superior Ambulance....
69428scj wrote:Actually I think they were more pissed about him modifying the coach to turn it into an Ecto moreso than opening up the windows....at least that's what I gather by talking to most of them.
They can cry me a river, build a bridge and get the hell over it.
Kingpin wrote:
Leon Zundinger wrote:400 eh? :cool: I'm surprised there are that many Ecto-1 replica's even around
He was talking about 400 Miller Meteors, not Ecto replicas.
Well that's what I meant. 400 Ecto's is not very realistic. :walterpeck:
In hindsight, though, most Ecto replica's aren't even MM's, I think! :lol:

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]