By lordgilpin
I don't like the 'no-ghost' logo being altered.

Now that that's out of the way and alot of people are on the defensive... Let me try and explain the point of my posting this? I think alot of the designs I've seen for the different franchises are REALLY well done and add some character. I'm sure the members of the franchise enjoy the logo and in the end, that's what counts. I'm not going to try and change anybodies mind, I just want to know when this started and why?

I would have thought the standard logo was untouchable. 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' sort of thing. I would've thought a city embroidered under the patch or a seperate patch on the other arm...?

It reminds me of Star Trek: The Original Series. Every ship had it's own logo... until 'Starfleet' just decided to use the Enterprise logo- The one we all recognize as the Star Trek logo. I'm genuinely interested in finding out the reasoning behind the altered emblems? Are your uniforms even sporting these logo's, and if not- why?
By bradboss12
well, I won't "cross the streams" on you for having an opinion. Different franchises do it to give it their own identity. We have 3 technically. The first is from the (fictitious) Pittsburgh Ghostbusters started by my wife and I in 1992.

The ghost has a Steeler shirt with 5 superbowl rings, and black lines under the eyesfor football. The red keystone is for Pennsylvania, the blue and yellow shield is for Pittsburgh.

-------

This is the Steel City Ghostbusters Logo, the franchise that bought out my old franchise in 2002 (fiction). Dave Swartz (OAOSwartz) sketched up a design and I did the Photoshop and a guy named Max Morrow did the white art deco stuff inside. The Keystone is the same with a black and gold motif for Pittsburgh.

------

This is our new logo that is on our balck and gold uniforms we get at the end of our fan-film. It was designed by Brett Whitling who is a member at large going to Clarion college. It was easier to make our own custom patches this way from Katarra8's regular "no ghost" with metallic fabric paint and brass grommets for the rivets. We are from the "Steel City" after all. : )
SPJ liked this
By jettajeffro
For us it comes down to simple identification, regional pride, and letting people know you're not trying to be the actual Ghostbusters, but you're the (insert name here) Ghostbusters. We put velcro on our patches so we can switch between the regular and our custom logo. Regular for 80's themed events and Halloween, ours for charity events.

SPJ, NotSabbat liked this
By castewar
Mine's not a franchise logo, but it was one of the first altered logos (maybe the first? were there any earlier ones?) Jay's CDN GBs was about the same time (which I remember, cuz I did a version of it for them.)

Mine grew out of the original third movie premise - Ghostbusters in hell. I made a mock poster with the logo on fire with "now hiring". That movie dragged on forever, so eventually I just made it the site's logo, eventually giving it a proper graphic treatment - replacing the PS "realistic" fire effect with art flames.

Mock poster, from 1999
By lordgilpin
jettajeffro wrote:For us it comes down to simple identification, regional pride, and letting people know you're not trying to be the actual Ghostbusters, but you're the (insert name here) Ghostbusters. We put velcro on our patches so we can switch between the regular and our custom logo. Regular for 80's themed events and Halloween, ours for charity events.
I can dig it man... It's starting to come together for me now. Nice logo's btw guys.
By Ryusui
castewar wrote:Image
Mock poster, from 1999
I always thought that this was a damned good "teaser" poster. Kinda gives you the creeps.
By Dan Shannon
As Jeff said, it's a local identifier. Just having the names under the patches is kinda dull and isn;t very nifty. Although I agree with why it shouldn't be altered, making a custom patch and logo is more effort placed into the costume showing a little more dedication to the franchise aspect of the design. Any Joe Shmoe can buy a No-Ghost logo at 5 bucks and iron it on, but the time it takes to alter a logo and make it into an actual patch takes some doing. I mean...

That took some doing on my part. When people see it, they get all excited and ask what does it represent outside of it being the Ghostbusters logo. It's fun to explain that we're not just generic Ghostbusters, but that, "we're the (insert city/state here) Ghostbusters"
SPJ liked this
By GBEctoSquad
Wow those designs are excellent, can someone tell where you can make your own GB logo, I am doing a fan fiction franchise team that is based in my hometown of Pittsburgh.
By Dan Shannon
GBEctoSquad wrote:Wow those designs are excellent, can someone tell where you can make your own GB logo, I am doing a fan fiction franchise team that is based in my hometown of Pittsburgh.
There's already a team in Pittsburgh, the Steel City Ghostbusters. I think how it works is the city cannot have more than one franchise. I may be wrong on that, but I think we'll leave that to Dan and Co.
By Fritz
We haven't been really strict since I've been at GBI about "one franchise per city"--counting fan fiction franchises, there are three in New York City (GBNY--the original and Extreme Ghostbusters; GB Arcane Division; and Nightsquad)

On topic: the neon orange GBWC logo, created by TheRazorsEdge, can be seen prominatly on the splash page of our web site:

http://www.gbwc.net/
By dr_logan
I agree to an extent about leaving the original logo untouchable, but i also like the concept of the franchise logos as well, so my personal opinion usually involves having the franchise logo, on ID badges, and other stuff but leaving the logon on the uniform untouched... which is how LVGB is.

But other franchises love their designs and they all look great, I think, so more power to those guys.

Also, since we're sharing....

SPJ liked this
By Sledge
we here @ North Central Florida Ghostbusters "Firehouse 84"
decided to do something different as well to give us something as a group unity.
By travisccook
dr_logan wrote:I agree to an extent about leaving the original logo untouchable, but i also like the concept of the franchise logos as well, so my personal opinion usually involves having the franchise logo, on ID badges, and other stuff but leaving the logon on the uniform untouched... which is how LVGB is.

But other franchises love their designs and they all look great, I think, so more power to those guys.

Hah! I'm coming to that area next week to visit the Martin Guitar Factory in Nazareth! Small world. Sorry, wild tangent...

These things look great! Were I to be part of a franchise (I'm for hire! :P), I'd probably wear the franchise patch on my left arm or upon an ID badge - something of that nature. I'm all for doing whatever you think is fun, though - That's the important part.
SPJ liked this
By bradboss12
dr_logan wrote:I agree to an extent about leaving the original logo untouchable, but i also like the concept of the franchise logos as well, so my personal opinion usually involves having the franchise logo, on ID badges, and other stuff but leaving the logon on the uniform untouched... which is how LVGB is.

Funny, I think that's the first time I saw your logo. Cool! Just goes to show you how you can have two logos with keystones and be different at the same time. :)
SPJ liked this
By dr_logan
yeah and the blue and yellow color scheme is very prominent, especially here in Allentown, The Allentown Police use those colors, so I figured it would give the logo a sort of Law Enforcement type vibe, like Ghost Cops. lol
By keoni
I think custom logos are great. i started a thread about this custom logos The collection can be viewed here http://www.myspace.com/galenaghostbusters; Im always looking for more additions
By Fuzzymath
Here's our new franchise logo. We plan on having it made into a patch and sewn onto caps. Also made into vinyl applications for our tactical helmets.

SPJ, rpburke1978 liked this
By DarkSpectre
For the ROGB, our uniform patches are the standard "No ghost" but for promotional materials we use a customized GB 2 style logo. Like a few of the other guys said in this post, it's about giving your group a unique identity. Here's ours:

SPJ liked this
By Ectofiend666
While I think the variations on the logo are neat [current fave being the PKE Surge logo by the starter of this thread, I believe], I just prefer the original when it comes down to it [and especially on uniforms]...Simple and effective...

But that's just this man's opinion...
By Boomerjinks
bradboss12 wrote:Image
This kills me every time I look at it. The football check stripes, the fat baby arm, the extra mutant finger... good lord. Wasn't there a version where he is holding a beaker because you worked at a chemical plant or something?
By dr_logan
I think another thing that franhise logos give us is that sastisfaction when you go out in public... people see the logos and they are like "I wanna join" or "I wanna make my own franchise." It also makes the general public wonder what we are all going on about.
By GBEctoSquad
Boomerjinks wrote:
bradboss12 wrote:Image
This kills me every time I look at it. The football check stripes, the fat baby arm, the extra mutant finger... good lord. Wasn't there a version where he is holding a beaker because you worked at a chemical plant or something?
I have to admit I think that Steelers no ghost logo is pretty sweet. :)

This is the best we can up with;it's not the best,but I am using the team colors on my youth baseball team back in Arizona.

By Butcha
This is the New England Ghostbusters logo, but we don't plan to wear the logo as a patch, but to use it as our symbol for the group.
SPJ liked this
By Boomerjinks
This
GBEctoSquad wrote: I have to admit I think that Steelers no ghost logo is pretty sweet. :)
plus this
GBEctoSquad wrote:Image
made my freakin' day. Comedy gold!
By bpontheair
We're wearing the original "No-Ghost" logo patches on our right arms, and our franchise logo patches on our left. It's the AL logo in my signature.
SPJ liked this
By Dr. Kyle Stevens
I do have a question about the flightsuit attire. I am wondering are there any team that have black flightsuits with the grey trimming,are there any francise team that uses that?

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]