Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
By KevinFromTexas
Hi folks,

I'm new here, and I love this site...very cool.

Anyway, I thought I'd post some pictures of my model I did of a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado. Now this is just a covertable but I do want to start a model of either Ecto-1 or Ecto-1A depending on which one I can get the most pictures and info about. These models are to scale. I need to know how long the Ectomobiles are, how wide and how tall they are to the roof and to the top of the equipment. I'm getting excited about doing a model of the Ectomobile since I've been planning on it for a while. I just got the Ghostbusters DVD boxset for Christmas, so that was sort of the last straw, I have to do it.

Anyway, here's the convertable I did about 3 years ago.

Please excuse the small size of these pics, Imageshack resizes your photos.

With the top off.

The interior.

The engine.

Side view with the passenger door open.

Hope you like them. I want to do a model of the Ectomobile, once that's done I'll post some pictures of it here also.
Last edited by KevinFromTexas on January 4th, 2007, 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
By bigjuan2001
Whoa that's nice. This is something you created on your own right? Not a kit that comes in a box.
By ecto_skywalker
Dude, that's awesome!!! :D

It looks like you've got quite the collection of Legos there.

I can't wait to see the ECTO when it's done. :D
By KevinFromTexas
bigjuan2001 wrote: Whoa that's nice. This is something you created on your own right? Not a kit that comes in a box.

No, this isn't a kit or a set that you could find at the store. I just sat down with a lot of pictures, mostly books, and some internet photos, and started on it. It took about 2 days to get it finished. I still have some touch ups to do. Even after a model is completely put together you never have all the right color pieces you need for a model, so those things come last.

Thanks, guys.
Last edited by KevinFromTexas on January 4th, 2007, 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Ecto96
Wow.. Imagine what a proton pack this guy could make. I challenge you to make one out of lego's! :lol: that would be like, the coolest/geekiest thing ever, and would probably cause a rip in the time-space continueum due to the paradox of the coolness/geekieness, lol. Seriously though, you can really see what you were going for, which makes all that effort worthwhile, good job.
By Dreamstalker
Awesome job, can't wait to see the Ecto model.

Hmmm, a lego proton pack...I probably have enough legos to do it, but likely not the right number of any one color.
By KevinFromTexas
Lol, you guys rock. :lol:

Maybe not a full sized proton pack, but I do want to make some small ones to fit the scale of the car and have the roll-out-rack for them.

By the way, I noticed that when you reply to the message, that if you scroll down towards the bottom and view the rest of the message, that you can see the images at their full size. They show more detail that way. Hopfully when I'm done with the Ectomobile and post the pics I'll have a better photo host.
By Ecto96
Dreamstalker wrote: Hmmm, a lego proton pack...I probably have enough legos to do it, but likely not the right number of any one color.

Spray paint is a beautiful thing. :wink:
By ab5olut3zero
!Frio Mierda, amigo! !Muy bien!

Sorry- I drop into Spanish sometimes when I get excited....
By Ecto96
......wow.
By gorlon231
NICE!! :o My mouth is watering.....er, um, nevermind...

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]