By AJ Quick

Ghostbusters Fans has opened a channel for communications with Mattel. Twice a month we send Mattel a set of questions based on what you want to know about, and they send back the answers. The first round of answers is back from Mattel!

Will there ever be any kind of accessories pack available for the 6 inch figures? For example Ecto Goggles for Ray, PKE Meter for Egon, Ghost Sniffer for Peter, Paycheck for Winston.. etc?

Not at this time, but I will look at including these accessories with future releases.

Will there be Ghostbusters 2 versions of the characters released? The guys in their dark uniforms, and perhaps a Slimer Blower with Ray and Winston?

In time, hopefully.

The Real Ghostbusters were mentioned in the original Mattel plans for releases. When will we hear more about plans for releasing Real Ghostbusters figures?

I should have something to announce in about six-eight months.

Will we ever see re-releases, and these figures being available for purchase at retail stores (like Toys R Us)?

It is possible, but right now the Ghostbuster figures are exclusive to Mattycollector.com.

Will MattyCollector offer a Subscription Option to make it easier for Ghostbusters Fans to be able to afford the figures and acquire them?

A subscription option for Ghostbuster figures in not in the plans at this time.

--------------------------------

Another set of questions will be going out soon for more answers later in the month! Please post your important questions to Mattel in this thread.
By Gareee
EEP! That IS a long time until we hear RGB info!

It sounds like later rereleases might include the missing accessories, and that they ditched the collector subscription thing they originally talked about.

Least we have some communication with them again!
By Gareee
Since they don't release series or lines, refining the question to "Will villians or bad guys like Gozer, Vigo, Scoleri Bros, Terror Dogs, Zombie Taxi Driver, etc. be released?" Might keep them from not answering the question, or avoiding it with a "We aren't releasing series of figures." answer.
Wow, what a completely pointless Q&A secession. They basically answered "NO" to everything. Losing my interest in this company quickly. I basically got the 'sit down shut up and deal with what we do, even though we are ignoring your biggest and most common requests' vibe from this.
I completely agree with 'PeteVenkman_Jedi'.

I went to comic con 09 in San Diego this past July and I attended the Mattel toys panel. After the panel was finished they had a Q&A session and let the audience ask questions. I asked a couple questions and pretty much got an answer of 'No' to everything.
yeah the answers were pretty vague...

1. not right now, maybe later

2. hopefully

3. maybe later

4. maybe

5. no

there doesnt seem to be as much gusto (on Mattels end) for this line as when we first started seeing prototypes and reading interviews (talking about how vast the line would be including RGB figures and ghosts etc), and I would not be surprised if they drop the licence after we get at least one version of Venkman (after Winston & Peck) - unless there's a 3rd film or a sequel to the game, the GB franchise explosion might be starting to fizzle...
AJ Quick wrote:We'll just have to come up with better questions.

Better questions? What better questions are there than the ones that most people want to know?

My problem with the treatment of Mattel is that they're charging premium collectors prices for Toy R Us quality stuff and telling the fans to suffer and enjoy the minimalist offerings. I had to make my own accessories ( thank the maker I could) to go with my near $30 Adult Collectors figures. Not impressed with the apparent lack of interest in providing what the actual fans actually want. And I love the figures! So I repeat, pointless Q&A session with no new knowledge gained.
PeteVenkman_Jedi wrote:Better questions? What better questions are there than the ones that most people want to know?
Questions that cannot be answered by a simple Yes or No. :wink:

That being said.. I know those at Mattel are very serious about continuing the line past the initial 6" and 12" Ghostbusters figures.
Here is my question-

"Approvals, legality and cost effectiveness aside, what would Matty like to see make it into the hands of the fans during the continued and successful Ghostbusters Action Figure line from Mattel and what products are considered the highest priority for production on that list? (besides the four 'busters themselves, of course)"

Ehh, they'll just answer "Stay Tuned..." or something...
bobamatt wrote:Here is my question-

"Approvals, legality and cost effectiveness aside, what would Matty like to see make it into the hands of the fans during the continued and successful Ghostbusters Action Figure line from Mattel and what products are considered the highest priority for production on that list? (besides the four 'busters themselves, of course)"

Ehh, they'll just answer "Stay Tuned..." or something...
Mattel: "You'll just have to wait and see."
By Gareee
The answers they give for the he man Q&A are pretty much the same.

I think they do it more for buzz and internet advertising then to actually get info out there.
By JDW
Man the info they provided was so helpful... :sigh: not really.
Here's a couple more GB related questions from another Matty Q&A...and one is even a Real answer!

2. Would it be possible to get some Proton streams for the Proton Packs in an upcoming Ghost Busters release? Those would be great for some action posing.

Yes…that would be a cool pack in….

5. How do you prefer your Louis Tully? Nerdy accountant or butt-kicking 5th Ghost Buster?

Nerdy accountant all the way (actually, we do not have rights currently to Louis from GB 2, so if we get to him, he would be in a movie one look).

Almost seems like they don't have the rights to GB2....Can't think of any other reason why they wouldn't get Moranis to sign off on both flicks at the same time, if they had GB2 rights. They movies didn't change companies or anything between movies....so this is my question for Mattel

Do you have Ghostbusters 2 rights as well? or does your license only cover the first movie and the animated series.
By Gareee
Do you have Ghostbusters 2 rights as well? or does your license only cover the first movie and the animated series.
If they answerd it, it would be "Yes" or No".. and no confirmation at all if they indeed even plan on releasing GB2 figures even though they might have the license.

The smartest way to word that and get useful information is,
"Do you have Ghostbusters 2 rights, and are you planning on releasing redecos of the figures in theri GB2 uniforms?"

That gets you not only a confirmation they have the rights, but ALSO gets you the info if they plan on releasing GB2 versions as well.

They are pretty cagey on answers, so you need to be equally cagey on your questions.

There was a thread here from someone who works there, and he did post some details like this.. maybe we need to go through that thread, and pull the known details out, and then build from there?
By Dan AKA
PeteVenkman_Jedi wrote:Wow, what a completely pointless Q&A secession. They basically answered "NO" to everything. Losing my interest in this company quickly. I basically got the 'sit down shut up and deal with what we do, even though we are ignoring your biggest and most common requests' vibe from this.
So I'm not the only one that got that vibe. Good, I thought I was going mad with everyone else thinking these were positive responses.
Here is a question that requires more than a 'yes/no' answer. Can you please tell us your immediate plans in detail for an Un-Slimed 6" Venkman figure. It would be really nice, after 25 years of waiting, to finally finish up the set properly. So some direct info as to when one will be released would be great, thanks.
By Borzou
Thank you Mattel. Short, but pointless.
Has ANYONE brought up Venkman's pant legs being un-tucked? In the pics I've seen of the Venkman figures he has always had his pant-legs tucked in. In both films his pants were always un-tucked. Something that I felt contributed to his slouch-like dry persona.

I'd like THAT to be brought up to the makers.

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

I missed out on the Haslab packs too. I am conside[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]