This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
hi every1. there is nothing 2 show except the first thing i got for my project. a mini fridge!!! what i am going to be doing is taking my walk in closet and turning it into my secret room. inside it will be deck out in all things ghostbusters. i al going try and make the room look like the inside of the firehouse. with gray tiles on the floor and green and white bricks on the walls. that will be my base. from there it will be what comes to my mind and what i think would fit. i will also be making a custom table for the room, it will like a part from the proton pack just super big lol. one of the things i am really looking forward to is making the door for the room. i did say the room is going to be a secret one, so that means i am going to be building a secret door. from the outside it will look like a book case and once you give a tug on the Toblins spirit guide. ok so back to the fridge, im going to try and take the red bull logo off and put some sort of gb logo on there. wish me luck!!!

Last edited by XxEctOxX on November 13th, 2011, 5:31 pm, edited 22 times in total.
By exo95er
You should have this inside your refrigerator:

You could turn those Red Bulls on the door into Terror Dogs. :cool:
MEMOR3X liked this
By mooslug
Speaking of an ECU, maybe you could put a containment unit on the inside of the bookcase door? Maybe so that when you exit your GB room, the trap dump lever is the door catch?

How big is the closet?
darthbuster liked this
By XxEctOxX
I don't have any measurements at the moments after I do the demo I'll post up what I'm working with
By XxEctOxX
Hey everyone. I asked creel where he got his warning light/lamp for his containment unit but it's a little pricey. I found something similar to it at homedepot but it comes straight out from the wall bs the movie where as it hangs down. If anyone has any info on this please reply
By XxEctOxX
Ok so I found the lights, there not the same as the movie but pretty close. Bit I couldn't have done it with out Vinny Aka "kind" next order of business is finding the right flooring, my only option is vinyl. Has anyone seen vinyl tiles close to something in the movie (interior firehouse) they look like cobble stones
By Dr. Ray Stantz
You could maybe check a hobby shop or something of the kind. One that sells train set accessories in particular. I was thinking people that build full scale models may often incorporate some cobblestone in to the design and someimes those things come in sheets at the hobbyshops. If not christmas is right around the corner, same basic principle. Check your Christmas isles at the local department store or lowes near those fake cermaic houses and churches and stuff people but to maek little towns. They make cobblestone for those as well.
By ProtonCharger
woah man. i wanted to turn my second walk in closet into a secret room. i hope yours isnt very cramped.
By XxEctOxX
Ok so I'm gonna go black Friday shopping wish me luck, I'm gonna try and find a tv for my room
By XxEctOxX
Ok got the tv! I picked up a 40inch 1080p samsung tv for the room
By XxEctOxX
Ok so everything is coming along, I'm about to do some demo but I want to have things ready when I piece things back together. One thing I need help with- does anyone know the name of the color green used on the inside walls on the firehouse??
By The Stiff
I always thought it was khaki. Some people say grey. Wait, you said the walls? Oh, sorry, I thought you were asking the colour of something else. :cool:
By XxEctOxX
Hey just wanted to Show u a little update. I got a telephone box for my room. I'm gonna gut the inside out and use it as a charging station for my phone and ps3/360 controllers. This this is one heavy mofo. Ps anyone got an answer to the name of the color paint that I asked about in the above post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4saPyGAU ... tube_gdata
By Willie
exo95er wrote:You could turn those Red Bulls on the door into Terror Dogs. :cool:
Ditto. Make the bulls into Terror dogs.
By XxEctOxX
hey everyone, ive been working day and night for the past 2 weeks on my room. i havent had the time 2 post any pictures as far as progress goes but its going well!!!

but i need some help, i bought a couch from urban outfitters but when it got 2 me i returned it the next day. if i was a normal person and not a prop builder i would say ohh how light weight and easy this is 2 carry around. but from what i learned from building my own stuff , this was a 340$ piece of crap. it was made from from from from... crap i sat in it for 30 min and my butt print lasted in it for about 4 hours. and that was the first time of use. i didnt keep it. so i have decided 2 make my own couch.

I need help finding RGB bedding in good condition. possibly 2 sets. i need alot of fabric as far as throw pillows and what not. ive been searching ebay for the past 2 weeks and nothing. anyone got any ideas? any would help .thx ur pal ecto.

ps if everything goes as planned i should be done in 2 weeks max.
By XxEctOxX
hey guys just wanted to show something that i picked up, im gonna gut this thing out and make it my charging station for my phone and game controllers as well as my light switch for my room.

By XxEctOxX
hey ppl i just wanted to give a quick update. im installing the lights tomorrow and the rest of the room should be all painted up. after this all goes well...i hope i will get a start on the couch.

By XxEctOxX
i was about to post a video... but for some reason the coolness couldnt be captured. so here are the pix and k just wanna say that this project is one of the coolest things i feel that ive worked on.

now with this photo i just wanna say that the letters are just resting on the tv and given a little time they will be attached to the wall.
By Gareee
You should make that a huge viewer/window for an oversized containment unit!
By Gareee
I keep pondering a similarly built home containment system now using our flatscreen as the viewer.. I'll have to run the idea past Teamhair and see what she thinks.

Our traps can be props around it, but the problem is hiding the stereo, wii, and ps3, BUT still having them work with our remotes.

Not sure if, cool as it is, it'd be comfortable for day to day use.
Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]