Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Maybe, and yes.

I'm actually going to an early press preview of Panasonic's pavillion here for the Olympics, and they will be showing off their 3D technology, so I'll know more soon. But currently I understand the plan is to provide polarized glasses (not the red/green or red/blue Anaglyph they used to use in the old days) - if you saw a 3D movie in the last couple of years, you know the kind I mean.

They flicker the lenses "on" and "off" - you can't really see it, but they're blocking one eye, then the other, and back again, over and over really fast. The 3D movies in the theater are alternating slightly different frames as well. Put together, each eye is seeing one of two different perspectives, and your brain stitches it together as depth, just like life.

Old TVs ran on 30 frames a second, so 3D would need 60 frames per second to provide the same film twice, basically (once for each eye from a different perspective) - and last I checked, the first gen HD TVs do 60 frames a second - so, if nothing else, you can get a clear picture in 3D without a new HD TV. The newer HD TVs have insane framerates, so I'm assuming that's why the big push is on Blu-ray - to give you 3D while maintaining a HD picture.

3D 101 from a dummy - I'll let you know more next week.

c
Ghostbusters has been in the process of conversion for quite a while. They have been working on scenes for testing purposes over the last year or so... basically trying different things. I have fully been expecting to see Ghostbusters in 3D for a while now. I was expecting a re-release in theaters before a Blu-ray.

Come on Sony!
By Willie
What if they replace the green onion-head slimer ghost with Hayden Christensen at the end of the movie? And replace the good songs you like with mellow smooth jazz.? :mad:
Willie wrote:What if they replace the green onion-head slimer ghost with Hayden Christensen at the end of the movie? And replace the good songs you like with mellow smooth jazz.? :mad:
And other unlikely and excessively over the top examples, when all you really want to say is that 3D is a bad idea and nobody can convince you otherwise...
AJ Quick wrote:Ghostbusters has been in the process of conversion for quite a while. They have been working on scenes for testing purposes over the last year or so... basically trying different things. I have fully been expecting to see Ghostbusters in 3D for a while now. I was expecting a re-release in theaters before a Blu-ray.

Come on Sony!
OMFG!!!!!!! I would love to see Ghostbusters back in theaters AND in 3D no less! :-D
the article on proton charging said they were doing both GB and GB2. What does this mean for the GB2 blu-ray release? them sony bitches better get it out before the 3D
castewar wrote:The article on Proton Charging said no such thing...
Uhhh.
The HD Room has reported that Sony has confirmed they are setting up shop in India to convert back-catalog titles (of which Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters 2 are included) into 3D.
Mike, you're welcome - I'm exciting to learn more about the technology next week.
AJ Quick wrote: Uhhh.
The HD Room has reported that Sony has confirmed they are setting up shop in India to convert back-catalog titles (of which Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters 2 are included) into 3D.
Yes, they're converting the catalog, and the two movies are part of that catalog - that's it. If the parenthesis were refering to the first point (being converted) and not the second (being part of the catalog), it would have had to reference back to the first point. But regardless, even if you read the first paragraph as "they definitely are converting them", there's a whole article that says otherwise. The article headline even says "Ghostbusters suspected" not "Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters 2 a definite"
Ghostbusters isn’t mentioned by name by Sony – no back catalog titles are referenced by Sony as candidates for the process (of which I can only begin to fathom. Google says “complicated mathematical perspective algorithms”, which I believe), but as a confirmed “Evergreen” title, it’s not hard to assume Ghostbusters will make the list, eventually, if not initially. Ghostbusters 2, maybe not so much. That movie hasn’t even gotten a regular Blu-ray release yet.
You're the only credible (to me) info that GB is in fact on the list - I can't post you as a confirmation unless you can talk source, which I'm assuming you can't yet - which is why I try and go out of my way to seperate what is confirmed (3D conversion for Sony titles) and what is assumed (Ghostbusters is a good bet as a candidate) and what is opinion (Ghostbusters 2 hasn't gotten a good shake so far, doesn't bode well for conversion any time soon.)

And I'll assume by "Uhhh..." you meant "I think the part he's referring to is..."
:wink:
Ray Stanz GB wrote:the article on proton charging said they were doing both GB and GB2. What does this mean for the GB2 blu-ray release? them sony bitches better get it out before the 3D
Damn right! I'll be mighty pissed if they release GBll ONLY in a BlueRay bundle. Wanna know why? I don't want to be stiffed on extras! The two RGB episodes was such an act of laziness in the GBll DVD bundle. Some additional commentaries like they had (slimer mode) on the GB BlueRay along with the rebuilding of Ecto was cool, but pretty minimal imo considering how much material can be crammed into a BlueRay.

What I want on the Ghostbusters ll BlueRay:
1. Regular audio overlay Commentaries
2. Commentaries comperable to "Slimer Mode".
3. Photos and stills of characters/actors and props.
4. Anything on GBlll if there is anything worth reporting.
5. Stock footage of deleted scenes.

I missed out on the Haslab packs too. I am conside[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]

Where do the other ends of the red/yellow wire[…]