By ProtonCharger
i think you need to post more of a parts list than paint lists man. your stuff is never short of great, but maybe someone wants to build one of their own?
By gbcreel
you cant be selling that... that's my new toy!!!!
By Ghostbuster J
That's awesome man! Your equipment never ceases to amaze me!
By WeeMadHamish
ProtonCharger wrote:i think you need to post more of a parts list than paint lists man. your stuff is never short of great, but maybe someone wants to build one of their own?
The body looks like some sort of phone or radio handset.
By Dan Shannon
Looks like a really old Butt Set that phone techs use in the field.
By crusader_x
Well with people starting to guess the parts I guess I should go ahead and list them. Spoiler warning though, this will ruin the illusion...

The main body is a patient's phone from a hospital.
The handle is PVC.
The view cover is PVC and the viewscreen is the clear prismatic plastic used in overhead lighting fixtures.
The clear dome with the spinning lights on the bottom is a mini version of those lighted globe toys.
The scanning antennas are made from CPVC and Pex pipe.
The bottom box which is the battery cover is made from a electrical outlet extender box and was highly modified.
All of the cosmetic plating is styrene.

The reason I don't give these lists outright is because now when you look at it you'll just see all the parts and not the complete prop, like I do. Or maybe not... :D
By ProtonCharger
i see the cake, i want the recipe!
By RedVirtue
Hi crusader_x! As you've seen in some of my photos I've been putting this prop to some good use. It's been used in a parade and a Dan Aykroyd signing thus far. I only made two modification. The first being the band that goes around the dome in front. I thought the "Z" patern going on in front was a little too stylish and flashy for Ghostbusters equipment. So I removed the "Z" stickers and I wasn't expecting the patern to mask a crack going down the dome. I sealed it and instead placed a large black band across the dome. I also attached a "D Ring" to the bottom of the prop to attach it to my belt.

Over all a good and convincing prop.
http://www.gbfans.com/fans/props/proton-packs/4320/
http://www.gbfans.com/fans/props/uniforms/4340/
By crusader_x
RedVirtue wrote:Hi crusader_x! As you've seen in some of my photos I've been putting this prop to some good use. It's been used in a parade and a Dan Aykroyd signing thus far. I only made two modification. The first being the band that goes around the dome in front. I thought the "Z" patern going on in front was a little too stylish and flashy for Ghostbusters equipment. So I removed the "Z" stickers and I wasn't expecting the patern to mask a crack going down the dome. I sealed it and instead placed a large black band across the dome. I also attached a "D Ring" to the bottom of the prop to attach it to my belt.

Over all a good and convincing prop.
http://www.gbfans.com/fans/props/proton-packs/4320/
http://www.gbfans.com/fans/props/uniforms/4340/
Yeah the "Z" bands were a little trendy but they were also hiding the seam in the clear dome which was already there of course so I would have hidden it anyway, but it also had to be cut open just enough to slide the spinner out so it could be painted. Glad you were able to change it to look more how you wanted. Did you get it signed? :D Also, I'm happy to hear you found a suitable way to attach it to your belt. I haven't yet made an addition for connecting them to the belt as I'm a little reluctant to have it bang around into my other stuff like the trap. And it's too strange of a shape to make a holster for so I just end up carrying it around and setting it down or putting it back in the Ecto when I'm tired of it. Really makes you discover how impractical some of the equipment they used in the movies really is. I know people have always questioned where Egon keeps the PKE but I also wonder where he would put the Giga Meter when he needs both hands. And I guess the answer is he just does what I do...

I love the pics of seeing it in action... I was already planning to contact you and ask you about using the pictures in a gallery I'm compiling for my website of people who have purchased my props and put them to use.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]