ok this isnt a build tutorial thers more than enough of those, this is just a build progression with pics etc

this is the fiberglass shell from sew (uk) he also supplies all the extras hga,boosters,bumper etc etc

handy tools

the best tool i found for cutting the cyclotron holes... this made the job very quick n easy

dry fitting

bolted down the tubes and boosters.... it was really comming together

got 4 cheap torches for the cyclotron lights just need to rip the lenses out of em

next update soon........
Last edited by slime me please on February 25th, 2010, 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cheers garvin :)

ok everythings bin dry fitted dismantled and primed

all thats left to do is give it a few coats of silver then black then re fit all the bits n peices
and hopefully its done
next pics should be the final product
alot of different drill bits of various sizes is a must
dremel, router, sanding stone
i also used a sanding flapper wheel il post a pic next time
screw drivers etc
this was the flapper wheel i used for sanding the cyclotron holes etc

all nice and silvery

paints i used... gray primer, silver alloy wheel paint , satin matt black
slime me please wrote:alot of different drill bits of various sizes is a must
dremel, router, sanding stone
i also used a sanding flapper wheel il post a pic next time
screw drivers etc
are you using flat head or phillips head screwdrivers? I prefer phillips because I hate it when the screw driver slips out using flat head screws.
Maybe I'm being presumptuous, for all I know, you may be using allen screws!!
im using the correct allen screws for most things but the bolts need a screwdriver in one end while you tighten the bolt end with a spanner
its completely optional which screwdrivers / screws to use
hi guys ok well i got it 99% finished minus lights and sound thats the next job when i got the cash
here the last few pics....

cut up some red persplex for the cylco lights

lenses out of really cheap torches for the cyclotron (they look superb behind the red persplex)

i bolted a peice of wood to the pack to hold the small hose, the hose fits snug

the other end i just drilled a hole in to the pack and in one side of the hose and just pushed a bolt through
to hold it down secure

the end result was perfect

im flamming knackerd i started putting it all together around 5 pm its now 11pm and im whacked
heres the 99% finished product, all it needs is the bumper shock mount which hasnt arrived yet
oh and light and sound (eventually) need the cash lol for that tho

thanks to everyone on this forum i would neva have been able to accomplish this withought your help cheers guys
its something iv been wanting to do for absolute ages and i just cant wait to get lights and sounds in it
exoray im comming your way for that lol you will be hearing from me soon as i got the cash
cheers fellas!!
thanks fellas i was originally gonna weather it but i cant bring myself to ruin the finish
i guess it will weather in its own time

im not gonna fit the hose till i have the electrics doesnt seem much point
cheers kingping
yeah it just seemed to be the easiest and simplest way of doing that bit
i was originally going to use another peice of wood as with the other end of the hose but decided to do it that way
It looks great! :crunch:
slime me please wrote:thanks fellas i was originally gonna weather it but i cant bring myself to ruin the finish
i guess it will weather in its own time
I do prefer the weathered look, but I think that you can get a few scratches here and there by just putting it to good use! Wear your pack proudly!
cheers red special... u help me big time with this build
thanks buddy... i used the edge of 1 of the stickers for the red ring on the n filter, it came out pretty good

gaval... yep i got a shock mount comming from the usa..
hoping to just drill right through the bumper and cyclotron and bolt it on, i really dont wana have to take it apart if i can help it

cheers the stiff
i just thought id break it down the cost of building this pack

parts from uk
fiberglass shell £300 with shipping frm sevv UK GHOSTBUSTERS
shock mount £16 ebay
motherboard £44 with shipping from martin smith UK GHOSTBUSTERS
pack and gun stickers £11

parts from usa
MMM gun kit + extras $180 (£118)
parts from the gbf shop (AJ) $80 (£52)
addittional bits n bobs £15

so to build this pack cost me
£556 thats around $850......... thats not bad at all fellas :)

time wise it took around 3 week to build the gun kit and pack and around 4 months of research
hi guys its update time...
i have installed my exoray pak light kit and its awesome very very happy with it... man those blue leds are bright
hers a few pics..

so this is the pack kit assembled and ready for fitting its all plug and play no soldering

i built my pack a few weeks ago and it was ready for easy installation

i used hot glue to hold the leds in the light cups remember to get them in the right order lol

for the 15 led power cell all i did was hot glue some small peices of wood to the circuit board
and then hot glued the wood to the power cell lens window
i forgot to take a pic of it in place but it fitted perfectly and can i just say they are super bright i wish i could dim them slightly or if id have known i would have sanded the powercell lens a bit just to take the brightness of it

my custom made heat sink lol i asked exoray if it needed one and he said it didnt but its always better to
have one you only really need one if your gonna use a larger than 9 volt power supply
also i fitted the circuit board the same was as the powercell leds

i fitted the actvation switch purposly for the "switch me on" elevator scene from the movies its placed roughly where egon puts his hand. its nice to have a switch to just activate the pack if you dont want to carry or activate the gun etc

and that was basically it all i needed to do was plu everything in and fit the battery holder to the motherboard
for this i used 1 small bolt and hot glue

COMPLETE

it was really easy to fit way easier than fitting the gun lights all it needs now is exorays sound kit which im waiting for
im not gonna fit the hose and gun to the pack yet thers no point as i need to run a wire for the sound kit from the gun to the pack.
were almost ther lol im not looking forward to opening the gun again as i see a jack-in-the-box style event lol
its so packed in ther
i will post a small vid on youtube and put a link here of my pack and gun..
thanks for looking
SMP
its actually not as shiney as in the pics its a satin matt finish i think its the flash on the camera that makes it look
more shiney
its not wetherd however and i dont plan on doing so as it will eventually wether on its own with use and you will alwasy pick up the odd knock and scratch here and there.
already the gun handels shows slight signs of wether/use
Oh, I use the word "shiny" to mean "cool" a la Firefly. Your pics don't make it look shiny (in the traditional sense). Sorry for the confusion. :)

And I think I might use your approach of natural weathering for my pack. I've already scuffed up my bumper, but that's easily repainted.
yeah they really were....
i have since diffused them slightly so its easier on the eye

i also fitted real clippard minimatics to the pack and gun they look so much better than the resin ones i had,
oh and i now have metal gun knobs
Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker sc[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?