mikegb1984x wrote:Man I would love to see Sony pick up your work and make it into a animated series would be awsome.
This is exactly what I thought when I saw these. Forget IDW, turn this into an animated series!
I have seen these images before and I have always thought they were so cool. IDW are idiots to pass this up. They could have made tons of money on this series. I like the GB comic art now but it is nice to change things up from time to time. Make it fresh.
Reading each story's synopsis along with the thumb was really fun- the arc of the story seemed very much in tune with the GB spirit.

The attitude here seems spot on- you guys really had your hearts & heads in the right place on this one.
Hi all,

I thought I would join up to this forum, firstly because I'm a huge Ghostbusters fan, and secondly to thank everyone for the overwhelmingly positive response to the comic book pitch that Dan and I came up with! :)

We were both really despondent when IDW expressed they had no interest in our pitch, but we had to respect their opinion - However, the feedback, both here and on Dan's deviantART page, have made us feel a great deal better about the effort we put into creating this pitch! :)

I'm happy to answer any questions people may have had about what we tried to accomplish...

Just to clarify, it may appear to some that we were quite literally exorcizing ghosts from the series, but that is far from the truth - Our intention was to make the ghosts secondary characters - Some may perceive this as a lack of ghost-busting throughout the series, but trust me, there is a HUGE amount of actual ghost-busting in the series - My favorite action scene (planned out in my tiny brain) featured Peter and Ray's running battle with the spirit of Ereshkigal in issue two - I'd been to New York in 2009, fallen in love with the place, and wanted this battle to feature notable New York locations...

I'd like to believe that one day the comic WILL happen, but for the moment it remains what you see here...:)

James.
I haven't bought any of the IDW stuff because the art is terribly boring and the writing is dull. But this looks fantastic and it was obviously produced by people with a real love of the source material.

IDW missed out. Lately, it's like mainstream comic publishers are afraid to have any stylish cartooning on their books and instead are chasing after bland "realistic" cartoonists.

Maybe somebody somewhere will see this thread and take notice. Either way, it's great to see this stuff. Thanks for posting!
Yeah, I agree w/ everyone else, why is this NOT being published?

Or even a new animated series to tide us over until GB III?

That would be epic
Why don't we swarm IDW's forums with a post pointing this out? It seems like a cause we can unanimously get behind!

Viva Le Revolution!
Why not find a different avenue for publishing?
Thats why I suggested an online option, or print on demand.. it could be they have exclusive print rights though.
wonderful job. I was caught up in the story - and all we had was a paragraph blurb of each issue. Y'all have nailed what EACH and EVERY of IDW's comics have missed - the true heart of the characters.

And yeah, I totally geeked myself over Cynthia Crawford's cameo.
Ok, I registered and posted a poll about this over at IDW. Wanna cast a vote in a poll to support this? Here's the link:

http://forum.idwpublishing.com/viewtopic.php?t=7461
I decided to send an e-mail to IDW simply asking why this was passed and whether the enormous amount of fan support was going to help the reconsider the pitch. This is what I got back from IDW
We also never discuss the reasons for passing on pitches, since that's not fair to the creators involved. But their direction did not jibe with what Sony wants this franchise to be.
So, it sounds like IDW has no creative control over their licenses.
I really don't know. But IDW could have pushed for it. What would Sony have done, pulled their deal? What could Sony possible want to turn the franchise into that would negate this storyline which fans are now shouting for?
Dr.D wrote:I decided to send an e-mail to IDW simply asking why this was passed and whether the enormous amount of fan support was going to help the reconsider the pitch. This is what I got back from IDW
We also never discuss the reasons for passing on pitches, since that's not fair to the creators involved. But their direction did not jibe with what Sony wants this franchise to be.
So, it sounds like IDW has no creative control over their licenses.

i just cant help but wonder why you all cant just be happy. did you know there was a movie called night of the comet made 25 years ago, there's no fan base, no comics nothin.
you all have a comic, that comes out quarterly, which is something 88 couldnt do.
you all have a small toy line, which is something that has nothing to do with 88.
you all have a comic that has a decent story, that is something 88 couldnt do.
you all have a comic, that is published by a reputable publishing company, which is something 88 never was.

you know who you should be writing your angry "wah, 88 mph story was so much better" or "why dont you do it like this" letters to instead of idw and sony? 88mph. they stole your money. they left you wanting that twinkie with out the creme filling. 88mph was garbage, and it boggles my mind why you knuckle heads cant figure that out.

and to moan about idw not having creative control over ghostbsuters because of sony? what a dumb thing to say. consider that from any property, made into a comic book. do you think that marvel has creative liscense over the dark tower series?
what about those companies that do edgar allen poe stories? or frankenstein stories? they're dead, but you know if you have a victorian melancholy detective hunting a piecemeal monster, there's only so much you can do that wont deface those characters that are owned by shelly and poe.

christ. stop bitching and enjoy idw for what it is.

ps.
piecemeal is in the dictionary, look it up.
Seriously do not email or join IDW's forums and ask for this comic or ask about why it was passed on.
How ungrateful can you be?

It may not came out to be everything you hoped and dreamed for; but they wanted to make one and have actually attempted to please fans and Sony has let them.

Being complete dicks and looking the gift horse in the mouth does nothing. Believe me we can go back to having nothing again fairly quickly. Look how long it took to get more stuff after 88mph failed and NECA lost its licence...look how long it took them to get the opportunity in the first place!
que the next mutton head that ignored these posts and wants to suckle 88mphs teet and just finished writing another stupid letter to idw about how they arent doing it right.

ok go.
ProtonCharger wrote:christ. stop bitching and enjoy idw for what it is.

I would but I don't like garbage. Displaced Aggression was okay at best and some what entertaining, as was the Christmas story( again I hate the art but the story was at least okay), but everything else has reeked of amateur. The art (except for Nick Runge) reminds me of the total shit that were the bane of independent comics in the 90's. These guys need to take a few courses on how to draw properly. Or better yet hire people that actually know how to draw. Seriously.

So yeah, let's hail the Amateur Kings and be thankful we are given a quarterly 3 coiled steamer for dinner when we see they passed on offering us steak instead.

I am not one of those people that goes bananas for something just because it has a Ghostbusters logo on it. So i refuse to just sit down and 'enjoy what it is' when I am not enjoying what they've done so far. I won't be sending letters to IDW asking why they passed on this either, I'd prefer to just ignore them because clearly they have no clue.
PeteVenkman_Jedi wrote:
So yeah, let's hail the Amateur Kings and be thankful we are given a quarterly 3 coiled steamer for dinner when we see they passed on offering us steak instead.
what wasnt amateur about 88mph?
ProtonCharger wrote:what wasnt amateur about 88mph?

I get that you are severely bitter about 88mph however we are not discussing 88mph here, are we? But since you insist on dragging them into this, here goes. They were amateur when it came to the business side of things and failed to deliver a physical product, however their artists were good and their style was interesting, the stories were alright. It was disappointing they failed to deliver their planned books. Many were looking forward to them. I do not support the way 88mph screwed the fans, and this isn't an 88mph pep rally. They failed the fans in a business sense, pure and simple. But I liked reading their books, something I can't claim with the majority of the GB stuff IDW has done. IDW can get the books out but I have not been impressed at all with the comics themselves. See the difference?

Now if Dan and James ever get this project off the ground in any form I will be all over it as it is by far the best proposal for a Ghostbusters series yet, awesome art and story arcs that really feel like Ghostbusters should. Something IDW just doesn't seem to understand.
The journey from commonplace to Ecto-75.

Whole car is great but the pack trolly...how?

Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]

I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just t[…]