By robwerden
I was wondering if there is any demand for ectomobile sound effects.
Here is the example of the siren sound on the sound board 4m

I know there is the siren, but I can also program other sound effects if needed.

I already made a sound module for the proton pack
Here is one from a gbfans member

And here is one from another gbfans member

Let me know if anyone wants a Ectomobile siren or anything else. I can set it up so you flip a switch and the siren starts with the wind up sound, then plays the siren in a continuous loop, then when you flip the switch off the siren winds down and stops.
You can hook it up to a loud speaker and it will be so loud you will be able to hear it coming down the road.
Rob
Last edited by robwerden on August 11th, 2009, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robwerden wrote:
GB2032DKM wrote:Exactly how big is the sound module and what is the power source?
1.4" long x 0.75" wide x 0.30" thick and is powered by 3v to 5v which you can use 2 or 3 AA batteries.
Rob
Ok, how much for the unit then?

I could use this in my next project.

Thanks.
I remember asking Hyperdyne labs years ago if he was willing to build a sound board strictly for the Ectomobile siren and he never responded back. When I FINALLY get an SUV for conversion, $60 will be in your account for this sound chip. Awesome stuff.
Dan Shannon wrote:I remember asking Hyperdyne labs years ago if he was willing to build a sound board strictly for the Ectomobile siren and he never responded back. When I FINALLY get an SUV for conversion, $60 will be in your account for this sound chip. Awesome stuff.
The chip is worth it. I have one for the pack, and with two satellite speakers off an old surround sound, it puts out ample sound without an amp. If hooked up to a loudspeaker somewhere on your vehicle (already amped with its own power source), it should do the trick. Just be careful.
By RickH
Is it possible to have a rheostat for volume control rather than two momentary switches? Would that work with this breadboard setup?

Also if anyone's used this with Rob's recommended 7w amp, how loud is it from your rooftop speakers?
Ok, I have a question as well. I work in emergency services, so if my siren isn't set up like a real siren control box I will go nuts... What if I wanted a power switch to turn it on, then a 3 position rotary switch for the tones. The first would be an off position, the second would be the looping ecto sire you have played here, then the third would be the second ecto siren tone,also looping, that I would provide upon purchase. Is that setup doable? I can even make it more simple. A lot of modern sirens don't wind down anymore, they just shut off, so I wouldn't need the wind upr or wind down effects on the board, just the parts that loop.
By Gareee
Most sound options can take a regular plug now, and we foundb it VERY easy to just create a playlist, and use our cell phones as the sound driver. An mp3 player could also be used as well, and that way, you have control of changing soundsw, effects, or even music right there on your phone or player, with probably 1 gig or more of available space.
By Gareee
While its great you provided that for everyone, I'm SO glad they decided not to use that! LOL!
By Gareee
Well, they used it in one quick montage sequence. Maybe you should add it to your ecto, Boomer!
Put this together last night out of some switches and a hammond box I had sitting around the house. Can't wait to add a chip to make it work.

Wail for the standard siren loop, Momentary button yelp for the montage siren, and momentary buttons up/down for volume.

By Gareee
GhostbustersNJ wrote:Put this together last night out of some switches and a hammond box I had sitting around the house. Can't wait to add a chip to make it work.

Wail for the standard siren loop, Momentary button yelp for the montage siren, and momentary buttons up/down for volume.

You would turn it DOWN??? :shock:
Finished wiring everything last night, a bit louder than expected.
I'm running the chip in the crontol box off of two AA batteries, into dual 50watt amplified speakers on the roof rack.

The siren sounds great in person, just overwhelmed the mic on the cell camera.
All in all, not that hard to wire up the chip.
I've been using one of the speakers since 2008 for my origional Ectomobile setup. Just one is adequate for most purpouses, but can be drowned out in a parade by firetruck sirens and air horns.
They are solid, a bit heavy, but worth the weight. If you're lucky you can find them at pep boys, although amazon tends to have a better price.
How did you hook the speakers up for dual use? Is there a y splitter for that sized jack? Do they use a specific left or right channel, or do they grab both channels and mix them for play?
The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]