By CaptCyan
I taped up the fins and painted the trim black, then added on the chrome.

I took my own advice and looked in the Ecto restoration section. I then painted the inside of the back fenders red to match the fins

I also extended the red and the fin chrome to the front doors.

By mikegb1984x
nice touch capt. I also added the silver from the fins on the front doors but didnt put the red under it.

also like how u painted the red on the back end on the inside of the fins good touch.
do u think the tank on the roof is too green?

Your work is sweet man. Did you check out my finished ecto?
By CaptCyan
mikegb1984x wrote: Your work is sweet man. Did you check out my finished ecto?
Yes, I have, but it's only 90% done.:-D

The green tank is just something I do to show the Ecto is one of my repaints, kinda like a trademark. Which was cool until some other mumzer did it too.:lol:
By CaptCyan
Ronnyboy wrote:How do you do Chrome? Special paint? Or am I an idiot and that's just silver modeling paint?
It's not silver modeling paint. :) You just skipped over page 2 of this thread, it starts with the hubcap.
By mikegb1984x
capt what kinda paint did u use on the body behind the fins too match. looks like a perfect match.

also is it like that on the actuall ecto in the movie, i never noticed, but i seen it on the reference ecto page your using.
By CaptCyan
mikegb1984x wrote:capt what kinda paint did u use on the body behind the fins too match. looks like a perfect match.
Hey Mike,
For both Ectos, all colors were Citadel paints (the Warhammer heads should like this) from Games Workshop. The paint has really good bite to it so it stays on most types of plastics. They also have a very good rainbow range including some great metal colors.

The colors I used were Blood Red and Scab Red, I mixed them to match the fin color as close as possible.
Last edited by Kingpin on April 10th, 2010, 10:14 am, edited 3 times in total.Reason: Fixed quote coding
By CaptCyan
Small update to the Ecto Wrecto 1. Between waiting for molds to cure and paint to dry, I fiddled with some styrene pieces and came up with a simple slide system for beneath the pack rack.

I used telescoping styrene tubing to make the slide sections.

My only mistake was to paint the sliding tubes silver, that made them too thick to slide back and forth. I wound up sanding them back down to their origional white color which allows them to move freely.

I didn't do this update to the Wrecto 2 as I want the slides to be chrome. A trip to the local Train Store should fix that. More pics later this week.
By CaptCyan
Some "Beauty Shots" of the pack rack installed in the Wrecto-1. BTW, I painted the inside of the fenders red on this one too. As you can see the packs just clear the top of the back door opening

And the packs remain standing!

The sliding rack doesn't increase the over all lenght any more than having the back door dropped.

Where did they get all those packs?

alphabeta001 liked this
By CaptCyan
joeghostbuster wrote::crunch::crunch::crunch::crunch::crunch:

anyway you can upload a youtube vid of the rack being pulled out ?
I don't have a video camera, but my digital supposedly can take movies. I've never tried but I'll see what I can do.

And thanks, guys, for all the kudos!
By Bru-Mart
I'm blown away that you took a badass toy and made it even more badass to not one but two Ectos. Great job brother.
By ringskirts
Freakin amazing. Love the fire house. The ecto is mind blowing. Wish mine looked that hot. I'll settle for buying some packs.

You don't have the ecto roof rack parts available do you?
By CaptCyan
ringskirts wrote:Freakin amazing. Love the fire house. The ecto is mind blowing. Wish mine looked that hot. I'll settle for buying some packs.

You don't have the ecto roof rack parts available do you?
Thanks!

Not yet, but I plan to. I have to remake the molds for the rack and the siren. Once I redo them I'll put up a for sale thread for "Ecto Wrecto Parts".
By Synthalus
Those Ecto-1's are truly amazing pieces of art!
I especially love the chromed one a lot.
Which white spray paint did you use for the main body over the primer?
By CaptCyan
Synthalus wrote:Those Ecto-1's are truly amazing pieces of art!
I especially love the chromed one a lot.
Which white spray paint did you use for the main body over the primer?
Thanks, glad to see there is still some interest in the Ecto - Wrectos. I'll be doing a 3rd one this winter.

The spray paints I used are Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch. White Primer, Gloss White and a coat of Gloss Clear after all the details were painted/glued/decaled on.
By zeta otaku
your mini-pack rack is going to be the inspiration for a full sized version I'm making for my blazer :) While it won't be a full fledged ecto, I just need a better way to transport these things safely.
By CaptCyan
joeghostbuster wrote:are these the ones Im getting? (with the HW labels) cause that would be tits.
Then you've got tits ina box, comin' your way.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]