Best of all, today at Wizard World Ernie Hudson signed the ecto's visor right next to where Dan signed it in March.

Ernie really was amazing, took the time to chat with us for a bit and was really impressed by the Ecto. He seemed genuinely interested in what we had to say and show him. Definately the best buster meeting we have had so far.
Now the quest is on to meet Dan and Harold.
I'm gonna tell you the same thing I tell Boomer...Get bigger door logos!
I think a black border between the red of the logo and the red of the car would look better than white.

Get a quote from your vinyl guy and PM me, I bet the dude out here can save you some money..
We had a fun weekend with the Ecto.
Friday night we went to a screening of Back to the Future at the Tilton9. We parked out by the road as to not compete with the stock Delorean parked out front, but drew a crowd nonetheless.
After the screening was over I ran out to the truck, shook the crowd, then put the BTTF theme on the rack speakers and returned to pickup Jess curbside infront of the delorean. Needless to say, that caused a bit of an entertaining scene, as the crowd around the delorean instanly became our personal crowd. Sadly we didn't get any pictures, but will post if any show up from elsewhere.

After the movie we headed to Fridays for dinner, quite to our surprise our waitress was a fan who frequents our website, Who would have guessed?

After an entertaining cruise through the bar district we headed out to take a few shots for the June photo contest. After taking a satisfying shot, we headed down to the bay for a few more.

Saturday we headed west to Allentown PA for Artifest. We weren't part of the event but took the Ecto just for fun. As expected we ended up with a crowd in the parking lot taking photos, at the event, and every time we stopped for gas or food.

The event itself was neat, artisans of all types from watchmakers to a fellow crafting arrowheads. It was located creekside in a beautiful valley.

Thats all for now, a few neat events on the horizon for July though.
Inspired by a hearse pictured in boomers Ecto thread, I decided to spice up the Ecto a little bit by adding Ecto-glow!

I was a little worried it would look tacky, but I'm pretty happy with the outcome. This should look great for night parades and when we're parked out front of haunted houses come october.

Love the new lights.

That really does make it stand out more.

Can't wait to see parade pics with them.
I got these from ledglow.com. On their site they sell all the premiere "million color" kits with the wireless controllers and the like, but they have an ebay store where you can get a basic kit with free shipping for a good price.

My only reccomendation, find your own mounting hardware. The screws and plastic clips they provided are pretty shoddy. The screw heads kept snapping off and the clips just don't feel all that solid.

Overall though, I think it was worth the $.
Love the new lights! How are the scrolling led's holding up?
FunkPunkTwang wrote:I LOVE the ground effects! I was talking to a guy a few weeks ago about getting some done and now I REALLY want to.

also I love the "Mobile Containment Unit" I may have to steal that idea from ya haha
Help yourself. :D
GhostbustersNJ wrote:The LED's are doing great. Not even a drop of condensation inside.
Granted we did use a full tube of silicone on each of them.
That's great news! I feel more comfortable putting mine on permanently now. Also, AWESOME to see Dan & Ernie signed your ecto. Dan signed my dash and Ernie signed my seat belt cover. Maybe our ecto's will meet someday.....
Every Ecto has it's bad day, and we finally had ours this past weekend.

Friday night, we had just returned from a local retro night screening of Jurassic park, and were preparing to make a 3 hour hike to an early AM Touch a Truck chairty event Saturday morning in Northern New Jersey.
With the Ecto packed, we hit the road at about 12:30AM, and made a quick stop for coffee.

This blurry photo was the last shot taken before the incident.

After stocking up on snacks, we turned the corner to the local carwash, We always go to this one because it has an unlimited time lane, and the bays have enough clearence for the Ecto.

Unfortunately, on this night the carwash did not have enough clearence for the Ecto. One of the bay doors was broken, and lowered about 1'. Since the area is poorly lit, we didn't notice until it was too late. As we pulled into the wash bay we heard a sickening crunching sound followed by a thud and a snap. What felt like an eternity later I saw a pile of roof rack parts tumble out of sight in my rear view mirror.

The sniffer, sattelite dish arm, and instrument arm had all been severed from the roof rack.

Fortunately as designed, the sniffer and instrument arm broke off cleanly.

The sattelite dish however did not fare so well. The sensor arm snapped off, and the plastic sensor head mostly shattered.

After pulling out half my hair, I decided to be responsible and call the car washes 24/7 emergency hotline. Surprisingly, no answer, so I left a voicemail. After 3 days, they have still not called back. Some "Emergency" hotline.

At this point we were in a bit of a tough situation. A charity event with raffle that involved a ride around town in our Ecto in less than 8 hours, and a trashed roof rack, we had a LOT of work to do.

Once we arrived back at home I did a closer survey of the damage, we quickly decided the sensor arm for the sattelite dish was totaled. The dish needed some hammering, the instrument arm could be shortened and re-attached, and the binoc's just needed a new flange.

After 3 hours of driveway repairs in the dark, and proabably angering a few neighbors with the sounds of hammering and power tools, we were road ready with a once again round sattelite dish, and slightly shorter instrument arm. We arrived in Madison NJ at approx 6AM, just in time to go into their Home Depot for a new flange to re-mount the binocs with. On my way out of the store with flange in hand, the sky opened up and the sun shone down on the Ecto.

At this point I knew it, we were....

We retreated to the back of the parking lot and made a few quick repairs, and alas the roof rack was again mostly in one piece!

We drove a few more miles, grabbed some breakfast, and arrived at the event at 8AM. We were tired and beat up from the repairs, but against all odds, we were there!

The waves of kids playing with the lights and ecto siren made it all worth the effort, expecially the little girl who said that we were cooler than all the fire trucks and police cars there.

With Dragon Con 2010 just a few weeks away, we are proud to launch "Ecto Trek 2010"!

We will be rolling out of Ocean City NJ on the afternoon of Thursday 9/2/10 with nothing but 840 miles of open road between us and PKE Surge 2010.

Our website http://www.NJGB.org has a new Ecto Trek page setup where live tracking of our progress will be available along with a twitter feed for news, images, and video.

Here is our planned route.

On the way to Dragoncon Thursday afternoon - Saturday we will be visiting:
Philadelphia PA
Washington DC
Richmond VA
Charlotte NC

On the return trip Sunday afternoon - Monday we will visit:
Chattanooga TN
Knoxville TN
Roanoke VA

Anyone along this route is more than welcome to join us!

DragonCon, here we come!

Ecto-4 Intercept Challenge
With our route posted and GPS location constantly updating, I would like to pose a challenge to the community.
We will be traveling with a limited supply of Hot Wheels Ecto-1's. Anyone who intercepts our Ectomobile enroute to or from Atlanta will recieve one as a gift.

Here are the rules:
-Track our location here on GBFans or on our website at http://www.NJGB.org
-If you spot us parked, come over and say hi, mention GBfans and a Hot Wheels Ecto is yours!
-If you intercept us while moving, call 609-353-NJGB and we will arrange to stop at the next safe place and give you your reward.
-1 Ecto per intercepting vehicle, these are limited.
By GhostbustersNJ
On Saturday 9/18/10 the NJGB visited the ghost town of Centralia PA. We had visited Eastern State Pen. for Terror Behind the Walls the night prior, and Shocktoberfest just after departing Centralia. Neither haunt, although vey well done, can even start to compare with the feeling this town gives you.

The silence, stillness, the ruin. It all just felt like something otherworldly.
Strangely, even though your instinct tells you to get far away from the place, something about it makes us want to return again in the future.

By Boomerjinks
The stillness and eerie atmosphere was sort of hindered for me by the people driving through this town at 65 mph as though it was nothing. Creeping slowly down those roads or listening to the hiss of the smoke and the WHOOSH there goes a Saturn. Meh.

Also, the spot is fairly popular and we ran into a pair of girls visiting from nearby Mt. Carmel, though it look like you guys hit the redneck honeypot.

Incredible wheeling, BTW.
By GhostbustersNJ
We were quite surprised by all the people in the area, it seems the road and surrounding hills have become prime territory for ATV's as the cops cannot access the area. Also there were a few taking the rolls on the roadway for some highspeed airtime. Fortunately they moved on rather quickly.

We also saw a few other tourists. We discussed the lack of any state plackards or the like marking out the area, it seems more unique without them.

Something eerie though, as soon as we got out of the truck a little girl walked over, took Jess by the hand and led her to the steaming edge of the crack in the roadway to point it out to her.

All in all though, the locals were very kind, moving without us asking so we could take our pictures.
They didn't know what ghostbusters were though, so we just went with the "we're scientists" route.

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]