A select number of Ghostbusters Fans' gained access to Fire Station 23 in Downtown Los Angeles for a private tour yesterday. Fire Station No. 23 was the interior shooting location for all shots from inside the Firehouse in Ghostbusters, as well as the Brownstone party location from Ghostbusters 2. It has been used in numerous films and TV shows since Ghostbusters like The Mask, The A-Team, Big Trouble in Little China, and Flatliners. A similar Firehouse, Hook and Ladder #8 exists in New York for the exterior shots in Ghostbusters.

The group was granted access to every floor, including the roof and upstairs Chief's quarters with the last remaining firepole in the Fire Station (and yes the pole still works!). The group was also allowed to park their Ectomobile in the engine bay, and stir up some Ghostbusters 3 rumors amongst the locals. Photos and video of every square foot of the Fire Station will be available from Ghostbusters Fans soon!

Here is a video to tide you over:

I recorded every square foot of the firehouse. The camera was a little shaky and the lighting wasn't always great but I think we got it all. Unfortunately since its 1080p video the file size is huge. It's gonna take a little while to get all the video spliced and uploaded.

I'll throw one or 2 clips up on youtube right now though. Links soon to follow.
VERY cool! 720P would be fine though... ;)
Vincenzo330 wrote:I recorded every square foot of the firehouse. The camera was a little shaky and the lighting wasn't always great but I think we got it all. Unfortunately since its 1080p video the file size is huge. It's gonna take a little while to get all the video spliced and uploaded.

I'll throw one or 2 clips up on youtube right now though. Links soon to follow.

Looking forward to this.
GhostbusterPM wrote:
elsoldao7 wrote:That's awsome! I can imagine the buzz going around after seeing the car in there!
Well the car was seen driving in by a bunch of crack heads and homeless people, so I'm sure most people aren't paying much attention to the buzz they're spreading. :)
None of them tweeted?

Wait do homeless have Twitter?

Some of them have got to have DSL in their boxes.
AJ Quick wrote:
None of them tweeted?

Wait do homeless have Twitter?

Some of them have got to have DSL in their boxes.
Actually, you'd be surprised how many homeless people have laptops and cell phones in Los Angeles. I've actually met some who had facebook accounts.

I think its just the homeless crack heads that don't.
Video was total aweseomeness! Did boomer wet his pants as he drove in? LOL!
I'm telling you what guys, after talking to Daniel once and then not being able to reach him after multiple calls then waiting an hour and a half outside the gates, I was really scared that this wasn't going to happen. Thankfully it did and all I can say is I'm glad I was a small part of it. It was everyone who came that made it an awesome experience! Daniel was very receptive to having us back so in the future so I will be organizing more trips so stay tuned. I'm definitely looking forward to all the pics that everyone else took!
wow, just wow - so cool!

waiting patiently for part 2 :)
This is great news, I'm toying with the idea of building a 1:24 model after finding a way of compromising between the NY exterior and the LA interior. The video shots of the interior will be mana from heaven, even with the extensive picture gallery already available!

Cheers
oh man! if i would have the money, i would build my self a house like H&L 8 with the interior of engine 23!
then i would invite all gb fans and fanfilmer!
where do i get the original construction blueprints of this locations? (just in case i get rich, or so)
jogi82 wrote:oh man! if i would have the money, i would build my self a house like H&L 8 with the interior of engine 23!
then i would invite all gb fans and fanfilmer!
where do i get the original construction blueprints of this locations? (just in case i get rich, or so)
jogi82, this thread doesn't have the original blueprints (it does have info on them) but it probably is the next best thing:

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... f=7&t=9451

Building a replica of the H&L 8 with the interior of engine 23 is a challenge because the engine 23 building must be twice as long as the NY building. As part of the charm of the GB fire house comes from its size/proportions, its the interior that has to be adjusted to fit in.
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]