This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By JayM
Hey guys. I'm going to be reviving my Ghostbuster Luigi. I've reworked my suit (new patches coming soon), I always had the vacuum, but I never had time to work on it. I have this one, painted it red in the right places, working on the wheels, and added a handle on the top:

I'm trying to get it to look like this:

My question is, what type of frame would you guys recommend I mount it on for me to wear it like a pack? So far I was told to try what the Rocketeer prop people use, but I can't find anything on it. Any help would be appreciated :)

By JayM
Well I just need a frame. I have everything else down. :) Even "modding" my Gameboy Color a little for the Gameboy Horror.

Wondering if I should make a second Poltergust for Rosalina or something new and Wii-related.
By JayM
Sadly people might mistake me for the bad Mario movie. Before they saw my patch some drunks from the Red Bull Flug Taag asked if I was Luigi from Mario Kart lol. Also I changed the nametag to say Luigi, because even though Luigi's last name is Mario (being the Mario Bros. and all) people kept asking why that name was on my suit last time.

Image <= 3 years ago?
By christphern
As Demon Vice Commander said, this is a project I too am working on. Great timing all around. I'm going with a title of "Boo Busters" for the "organization". :)

Speaking of, I actually just picked up the vacuum I'm going to use for the Poltergust.

Going to add the extra handle to it, and paint it red. Should look pretty decent, though, not exactly the same. Then, I'll remake the shaft with the attachment on it.

I picked up a clear Game Boy Color which was exclusive to Japan. I scanned the screen and made a new overlay for it, if you're interested.
By christphern
Do they make replacement shells? I kind of looked, and couldn't find any. But, then I found a clear GBC on eBay for $35, shipped from Japan. Figured it'd work out the same, even if I could find a shell, since the GBC would have cost me $20 locally. May even have cost more to get a non-clear one and mod it. :)

Also, since I forgot to mention my idea for straps (which was the point of your initial post), I figure I'll take a page from the Real Ghostbusters book, and run the straps through the back of the vacuum. I've got an extra pair of cammo ALICE straps (replaced them with OD). I figure I'd paint them Brown with fabric paint, and run them through the shell. A bolt run through the loop of fabric, with a nut on the end (to hold it in place) should secure it fairly well, I think. May add a bit of wood, too, to keep it from slipping over and popping loose.
By JayM
Yeah this one site has Japanese color GBC shells. I was thinking of bolting straps, but I'm worried about it being secure. Its kinda heavy. I added my handle with plumber's epoxy. It was really cheap @ Ace Hardware since they were closing.

Still gotta paint the wheels. Thinking of putting an E. Gadd logo sticker on there somewhere.
By christphern
Very nice! I figured I'd use some wood to fab a handle. Just bolt it to it from the inside of the shell. Don't figure it'd look too out of place if it's separated, rather than blended, though I may just have to bust out my can of Bondo, and make it pretty. :)

I, too, thought about the E. Gadd logo. Something like what was on the F.L.U.D.D. boxes in Mario Sunshine. But, I may leave it off.

Also, since, DVC brought it up, here's the No-Boo logo for anyone who may be interested. :)
By christphern
That's actually one thing I really like about the Eureka I bought. It's only about 10lbs, even with all of the innards intact. That's about 1/3 the weight of my Proton Pack, which suits me just fine. :)
Judhudson wrote:Wonder what it would look like with a blue flightsuit. That'd be something.
Funny you should mention that... :)
By christphern
Very nice. Do you mind if I ask where you got the Horror logo? I couldn't find any clear reference for it, so I redrew it from the highest rez screen shot I could find. It came out all right on mine, but I'm not particularly happy with it.

Yeah, I'll probably start my own thread here in a few weeks, once I get everything together. Currently waiting on everything but the flight suit and vacuum. lol
By christphern
So, if you're interested, I attached the straps (and painted) my Eureka. Only catch was that I ended up having to gut it, which I hadn't wanted to do.

Anyway, reason I'm posting, is I found that the best way to attach the straps was to use my Dremel to cut slots into the plastic, two for each section of strap (so, 8 in total), and loop the straps around the plastic. Seems to hold pretty well, especially since I gutted the vacuum. I'll try and get pics later today to show what I mean.
By christphern
Okay, I'm not sure how much these will help you, since I don't know how similar or different the two vacuums are in size. But, you can at least see what I did to attach the straps, which might help you with yours.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/c ... CI0468.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/c ... CI0469.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/c ... CI0470.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/c ... CI0471.jpg

I hope that's of some help to you, at least.
By Dan Shannon
JayM wrote:Well I just need a frame. I have everything else down. :) Even "modding" my Gameboy Color a little for the Gameboy Horror.

Wondering if I should make a second Poltergust for Rosalina or something new and Wii-related.
It would have been funny if you did up the Luigi uniform like this:

Then add the patches from this:

Of course, you keep the normal Luigi hat and Stach with the proper GB-related stuff (pads and belt) and BAM! Interesting GB Luigi costume.
By JayM
Oh god. Haha. Yeah I don't think I'll mix the movie suit in. I already have a khaki suit I wanna use. I'll be posting in the uniform section to with a GB Luigi v2 topic to show my progress. Its almost done. The vacuum is the biggest thing to finish.
By Cyland Props
Seeing this post made me go out and buy the game today. I never had a Gamecube but I do have a Wii and I have played this game once before at my brother's. I also picked up Super Mario Sunshine which I never played.
JayM wrote:Haha! Actually I made GBHorror vector recently, so I'm good, thanks! I'm going to be using a replacement shell for my current GBC.
Did you ever post this Vector file? A friend of mine and I are making Luigi's Mansion inspired costumes and we're going to need a good overlay for the Gameboy Colors. Thanks!
By BSjohnson
My friend and I are making Luigi's Mansion inspired costumes, too. We got our poltergusts finished yesterday! :D

We wanted to get the Eureka Maxima vaccums like christphern's, but they seem to have been recently discontinued. At least WalMart no longer sells them. They had them as display models, but were actually selling these Rally 2's instead:

We weren't happy with this at first, but we eventually broke down and bought them anyway and in the end were pleased with the results.

I've got to work on my Luigi face a bit more.
By gboy6
Funny you should mention this
Dan Shannon wrote:It would have been funny if you did up the Luigi uniform like this:
Image That's me and my brother
It's one of my favorite costumes, aside from Ghostbusters, of course.
By BSjohnson
Those look pretty nice, gboy. :) Are you Mario Mario or Luigi Mario?
They do look pretty good, Gboy. My only recommendation would be for your Luigi to purchase a rainbow luggage strap. It's almost definitely what was used on the Luigi costume, and makes a world of difference with the color scheme, I think. They also expand up to 76", I believe, which would be enough to bind the Koopa cousins (I always thought they linked two belts, before) And they're cheap to boot. :)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/c ... 4684_n.jpg

That's my Luigi costume. Still need to dye my tool pouch, which I think is a near perfect match, other than the removal of the tape-measure holster (replaced with a second hammer holster) and the logo is printed on. However, the company used to make their pouches with a branded leather disc stitched to the surface (still do on some pouches), which was the right shape and size as the one on Luigi's. Also lacks my Poltergust.
By gboy6
@BSjohnson: I'm Mario Mario and Luigi Mario is my real younger brother.

@christphern: I found 2" rainbow strap at walmart that can be used for the belt, but my brother wouldn't wear the costume if I used the rainbow belt. So if you bought the strap you can easily go 76" or more. What pouch did you use?

Here's mine:
It's very close to the original except for the logo and I didn't have to modify anything except for the coloring.
Mine looks pretty much exactly like that (minus the coloring, obviously), however, it's made from canvas, with leather piping, which would make it much more dye friendly (as well as give it the weight and look of the one in the movie). The only differences, as I mentioned, are the logo emblem, and the tape measure pouch. I'll get some good pics uploaded later tonight when I get a chance. If I get the spare coin (snerk), I'll see about getting a tape measure pouch added, in place of the second hammer holster (I've got some friends that do amazing things with leather). I'll also drop it in dye when I get the chance, and convert it properly.

I'm fairly sure the one in the film is either canvas or nylon, but I can't find any nylon pouches that look anywhere near the one in the film. The best part of the one I have, though, is it's readily available at Lowes, and is near perfect. Cost about $10. :)

Won't wear the outfit with the rainbow belt? Aw man. I actually kind of like it, funny enough.

By the way, for anyone wanting to go with the type of suit I've got, blue flightsuits are equal parts expensive and hard to find. I wouldn't recommend them, off hand, unless G&B happens to have your size on clearance. That's the only reasonably affordable option I was able to find, at about $80 shipped for the poly/cotton blend. After that, it was cheap polyester NASA costumes at $100+shipping a pop.

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]