By valentino_42
First, a little preamble: I'm a graphic design major and current webmaster. I just got done building my pack over the last 5 months, and while perusing the boards here and researching, I came to understand that the HPProps labels were a little short of perfect. I ended up needing to create a few labels of my own that weren't included on the HPProps sheet.

On to the point: I'd like to create a new label sheet for proton packs (and eventually other equipment as well) from scratch and I would like community input on what they would like to see in a new label sheet. This is for the PDF file only, I will not be printing/manufacturing these. This sheet would be free for the community, I'm not looking to profit from this. If it turns out well, I'd like to offer it to AJ to be put up on this site for download. If he (or anyone else) chooses to print and sell them, that's totally fine with me, but I'm getting way ahead of myself.

This sheet would be an unlocked PDF. It would make resizing and customizing decals much easier, and I enjoy the thought of that.

This thread is for suggestions/advice/input on a potential Proton Pack and Particle Thrower decal sheet only.
  • Things that Need Addressing:
  • From what I understand, the HPProps sheet has an incorrect clippard valve label. If someone has the correct label info, I would appreciate it
  • The sheet also seems to be missing the properly sized DANGER label from the N-Filter, if anyone has the correct dimensions off hand, that would also be great
I'll research the above items myself from reference pictures and threads on the boards, but if someone already has this info, it would speed up the process. As items are mentioned to me, I will add them to the list.

So, I ask you all to pitch in your input to get me started on this task. What needs to be addressed with the current pack label situation?

Basic Rev 8: https://sites.google.com/site/valentino ... ects=0&d=1

Pro Rev 10: https://sites.google.com/site/valentino ... ects=0&d=1
Last edited by valentino_42 on July 8th, 2012, 8:51 am, edited 24 times in total.
The Hpprops small red danger labels are a little bit to small and the bumper sticker is too large.
Vincenzo330 wrote:
Vincenzo330 wrote:No they're for GB2, you're safe buddy :)
Wait, sorry I confused myself. Yes it was used in GB1 but possibly only on the thrower with the orange light hat above the LED bar. The same thrower with all the knobs painted black.
Just so I'm clear, it was used on a single thrower in the first film... And was used for all guns in the second film?
Filandrius wrote:OK! Because the screen shot you posted had those. And it's from GB1. I was more than a little confused myself. :)

That thrower is rather unique, isn't it? :P

That thrower is definitely unique, and I'm pretty sure it's the only time it's seen on screen. In the gozer encounter, all four guys have packs but none of them have that thrower attached. It might have been made specifically for that close-up shot. I also think it's the only thrower with a working bar graph. I noticed that this shot is the only time we see the bar graph move up and down, in all other shots where we can see the throwers turned on, the bar graph is solid orange.
Ok, got the Clippard valve labels done. Had some trouble with the 331 as I was only able to come up with 1 blurry pic of the schematic side.

Give 'em a look and let me know if I need to fix something.

*Note: These are not to scale. It's a resized .gif
kevinj319 wrote:That thrower is definitely unique, and I'm pretty sure it's the only time it's seen on screen. In the gozer encounter, all four guys have packs but none of them have that thrower attached. It might have been made specifically for that close-up shot. I also think it's the only thrower with a working bar graph. I noticed that this shot is the only time we see the bar graph move up and down, in all other shots where we can see the throwers turned on, the bar graph is solid orange.
That's because that's the hero thrower which is intended only for close up glamour shots. It's the only one with fully functional lights and it is attached to the hero pack. The only "functional" lights the other throwers had were the white blinker by the vents, the switched vent lights and the orange hat that indicated to the production team when the flash bulbs in the ends of the tubes were spent and needed to be replaced before the next take. All other lights were full-on and static.
jackdoud wrote: That's because that's the hero thrower which is intended only for close up glamour shots. It's the only one with fully functional lights and it is attached to the hero pack. The only "functional" lights the other throwers had were the white blinker by the vents, the switched vent lights and the orange hat that indicated to the production team when the flash bulbs in the ends of the tubes were spent and needed to be replaced before the next take. All other lights were full-on and static.
That's pretty much what I had figured. Thanks for the confirmation and details!
jackdoud wrote:and the orange hat that indicated to the production team when the flash bulbs in the ends of the tubes were spent and needed to be replaced before the next take.
Where did you read/hear that? I only ask as the orange hatlight is illuminated whilst Egon is firing his Proton Gun in the Sedgewick ballroom, and as far as I'm aware the flash bulb was working at that time.
Kingpin wrote:Where did you read/hear that? I only ask as the orange hatlight is illuminated whilst Egon is firing his Proton Gun in the Sedgewick ballroom, and as far as I'm aware the flash bulb was working at that time.
It's an inference I made myself. The orange hat lights on the thrower are only seen on either during or after firing. The flash bulb (single use camera style) at the end of the tube created the initial burst of light then lights in the barrel created the continued flashing barrel light. I surmised that the hat light was used as a break indicator for the production FX guys on set so they'd know to replace the flash bulb before performing another take.
  • Needs Addressing
  • Clippard R-331 valve label - done
  • N-Filter Danger Label
  • Winston's GB "Hero" thrower toggle decals
  • Enlarge small red danger labels
  • Shrink bumper decal and add rounded corners
  • Guntrack labels
  • No black outline on HGA label
WE BUMP BACK liked this

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]