By Pdred1985
Hey everyone, this is going to be my first attempt at a pack. I'm going to go the route of the first movie as far as the color scheme. Here's a few things that I've collected so far. I've got the PPD, Booster Tube and Plug, Motherboard, Bobamatt's incredible metallic labels, Ion Arm, and HGA. As far as the actual shell I'm on the list for one from Alkaline. Its most likely going to be a while before that shows up though, so until then I'm just gonna collect all the parts I need.

Last edited by Pdred1985 on May 13th, 2011, 1:18 pm, edited 9 times in total.
By Pdred1985
Yeah, I'm looking forward to making this thing. I've always wanted to build one but was always a little overwhelmed by how much it involves, especially if you want sound and lights. I think the first order whenever the shell comes is to mount it along with the Alice Frame. Attaching the shell sounds like the hardest part of the build from what I've read.
By Pdred1985
Well, I just got an Alice Pack Frame yesterday from the local Army Surplus for 16 bucks. He said its the LC-1. I didn't realize that the frame comes in black, and that the LC-2 comes in Olive. I thought it looked black, but I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.

Here's a picture of it. What bolts do you use, and what the correct positioning and hole/ drill bit size for the third hole?

By Pdred1985
Well, after some looking around online, it looks like I've got the LC-2, with two different types of straps. The guy at the surplus was supposed to give me an LC-1, but as it turns out I don't think he quite knows the difference, lol.

I removed all the straps (pain in the a**), and painted the frame black, after drilling the third mounting hole about halfway above the Horizontal bar.

Here's a pic, I drilled the holes for 3/8'' carriage bolts.
By Pdred1985
Alright, so I've got some major time to kill until my Alkaline Shell arrives, so I've been working on some of the stuff that I do have. First up is the Ion Arm, which I believe is from MMM. Since I don't have money to buy all the taps for every screw on this thing, I'm going to drill holes that are snug, and then just use some Crazy Glue Gel once I finally attach everything. I'm sure I will get a few taps, but only for the more important screws and bolts.

Here's the Ion Arm, with all the holes drilled. For the 4-40 Allen Head Socket Screws I used a 7/64'' drill bit. For the Dale PH-25 Resistor, I used a 1/2'' drill bit, and then used an X-acto Knife and went around the edge in a circular motion, trimming away a tiny bit of the edge at the time until the resistor fit in snug. I didn't have anything bigger than that, so I used the largest bit I had.

For the Ion Arm Assembly I drilled holes using a 3/16'' drill bit, which fit the screws perfectly. I painted it with Krylon Flat Black, and then weathered it using small pieces of Scotch Tape, which I applied and then ripped off like a
band-aid. It looks like it worked well enough.

And here's a shot of both of them together.
By Pdred1985
Well, another update. I did most the work on my HGA. I chopped off the pre-molded area that the sticker goes on and replaced it with a washer and tiny 6-32 Allen Flat Head Bolt (Courtesy of KagaSakai). Then I sanded off all the paint and repainted the whole thing with silver first, and then a coat of black. This was all after drilling the holes for the Legris Elbow and Clippard Elbow of course. I'm just trying to prep everything so when the shell comes, I can just put everything together.

By mburkit
No, you just put the hose into the fitting. It's called a push to fit pneumatic fitting. The hose is held in the fitting by the tension of the brass fitting you place the hose into. If you need to remove the hose, you have to compress the brass ring while pulling the hose out.
By Pdred1985
Well, finally got my shell, so here's what I've done so far! But before that, here's a quick solution to the top bumper between the Alice frame and motherboard. While over at my friends house I noticed his door stopper. It was a half rubber sphere. He happened to have an extra which worked perfectly! They come in 2 packs at Walmart, and have a sticky back you peel off to stick it to whatever, which helps keep it in place.

And here's a picture of the completed bumper (once drilled) attached to the motherboard. I can't say how painful of a process it was attaching and tapping all the brackets to mount the shell to the motherboard. Hopefully that was the hardest part of the build. I was having major problems, like the shell not lining up after tapping the first hole. I WAS able to fix it thank god.

And here's the shell with the first coat of Silver paint.

And finally, one with the black coat applied. I think it's turning out good so far!
If you want, instead of a zit on the back of your motherboard, you can try these. Any local Lowes or Home Depot will have 'em, and they're only like $2.

Stainless Steel Spacers.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_137142-37672-88 ... l%2Bspacer

They come in different sizes so get one that will fit around the bolt that holds your harness to motherboard. I forget off hand which I have, if it's 1" or 1 1/2". But they seem to be pretty accurate to what they used on the movie packs.
Pdred1985 wrote:Those came with the shell. I think they're pretty cool, although I thought I remembered him saying the Cyclotron would have the Domino marks and I didn't see any. Maybe he changed his mind or something....

I did decide not to add them. I saw a few pack pictures that didn't show the markings plus I figured if someone really want them, it would be just as easy to paint the white dots on :)

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]