By Spengler28
Ok after some research i have some different size for the Tube to use for the N-Filter. on Stefan plan the measurement is 2 3/4" some told my the N-Filter is 2 1/2" and i saw 3", what is your opinion?

I cant find any PVC tube 2 3/4 and 2 1/4 but they have a 3" one, that will finally measured like 3 3/8 OD, im a little confuse on what to use to build an accurate N-FIlter any idea???
By Filandrius
Yeah, I just figured that the N-filter on Alkaline shell is too small (2 1/2") Another detail to bug me! And I was wondering why Bobamatt's label didn't fit. :roll:
By Spengler28
Filandrius wrote:Yeah, I just figured that the N-filter on Alkaline shell is too small (2 1/2") Another detail to bug me! And I was wondering why Bobamatt's label didn't fit. :roll:
Mouahaha désoler ti-gars d'être la source d'un de tes autres mal de tête LOL!
By Filandrius
You should. Brent knows his stuff. :P
Vincenzo330 wrote:Yeah man, you better just throw that pack out and start over. I can dispose of it for free if you like.
Really? Oh man, that would be great. I don't have a trashcan that big, it's really problematic. ;)
By Ecto751
I had the same problem finding the right size pvc. I decided to used a resin n filter. You can find them on ebay pretty cheap.
By CPU64
I went with 2.75".
I actually got 3" tube but proportionally, it wouldn't fit between the lower cyclotron ring without hanging out too far past the spacer.
If I moved the rings up any more they would be behind the bumper.
So I cut and fit the tube to 2.75"
By GeistKopf
kind2311 wrote:the n-filter is supposed to hang off the spacer a bit.
kind2311 from all the posts I've read of yours lately I know you're the go-to guy for accuracy questions but all the builds I've seen have the outer-edge of the N-Filter flush with the spacer/cosmetic plating edge. Although, I came across an old-ish post by V71 in which he posted some pics of his master (built from the infamous screen-used pack) and the N-Filter does indeed hang off the edge a bit...

I too have acquired 3 inch OD PVC pipe for the N-Filter that's why I was so interested.

So...3 Inch/hanging off the spacer is "acceptable"?.
By CPU64
That's exactly how my n-filter sits at 2.75.
If I had made it 3", it would sit like in the picture GeistKopf posted. Or push lights up behind bumper.

Might there be a loony number somewhere on the cyclotron/spacer measurements..?
By Cyland Props
CPU64 wrote:That's exactly how my n-filter sits at 2.75.
If I had made it 3", it would sit like in the picture GeistKopf posted. Or push lights up behind bumper.

Might there be a loony number somewhere on the cyclotron/spacer measurements..?
I don't think that a 1/4" can make any n-filter sit that far off. ( secret is that the bottom two "washers" are smaller than the upper two )
By CPU64
Cyland Props wrote:( secret is that the bottom two "washers" are smaller than the upper two )
I know that..
By Slimer7
at your local hardware store, get two double female 2"pvc pipe couplings and connect them together witht he 2"pvc to get the exact length that you want. The OD comes out to 2.75". Thats hows Im working with mine. Ill try to get pics posted up in the next week for you.
By Cyland Props
The other thing is the plans that are out there are best guessaments. Looking at Venkman71's plans they still have the lower light rings at the larger size as well as a few other things. I challenge you to lay out the cyclotron using his plans. When building a pack using his plans I started laying out the holes and noticed things just didn't look right so I set out to add up the numbers top to bottom it came out to 8 5/8" and side to side 8 3/4" using the top measurements and 8 7/8" using the bottom. Another thing is that the bumper is mounted much higher on the originals than most plans place it and the lower lights are placed based on the bumper.
By Slimer7
Spengler28, I really dig the photos and the idea of sung the PVC cap. I was going to plug mine with a piece of plywood and use resin to fill the cap to allow for a smooth top.
By Spengler28
thats a good idea to. I did a friggin long searching until i found those coupler and caps lol I like it because PVC is very rigid and solid. thickness is ideal and I did not have to created the effect of weld cause the original on wasnt welded. my N-FILTER is set with a fitting to my cyclotron and another in the shell, very strong. Once painted, I'll stick some screen (grill) behind the hole and then I'll stick a white plastic. Will be pretty accurate to me.
By Slimer7
Thats a good idea, I just picked up two more PVC couplings and will be doing some work tonight after I sand down my cyclotron.

Wow this looks amazing! I really enjoyed reading […]

@gpstar, Thanks for all this info. I’m wor[…]

Honestly, I don’t think there is damage from[…]

Greetings

http://i.imgur.com/1kB7fOZ.jpg