For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By kevinj319
Fifthrider wrote:Without taking either side of the above debate, I'll only say that I was interested in this game before but based on new screenshots my motivation has waned. This is turning out to look like the game we all feared would happen ( with the previous one ) until Dan got involved and added his touch, making it feel more canon. Too much "Wouldn't it be cool if we...?" and not enough "Let's just do what's necessary."
Absolutely. Also, if you all but eliminate the wrangling and trapping mechanics, it's not really different from any other game where you run around and shoot stuff. And yes, it may be fun to run around and shoot stuff as a Ghostbuster, but that kind of novelty wears off pretty quick.
By GhstbstrLMLIII
Well, if we are sticking with RGB - he's going to be a pet (at the least). I would prefer they stick to the first couple of seasons where really that's all Slimer is - a pet. He speaks gibberish, eats a lot, and is not a 5th ghostbuster. my 2 cents.
Peter Venkman Jr. liked this
By RedVirtue
Vincenzo330 wrote:I don't want to be the guy to say it, but this was supposed to be a discussion about a hypothetical RGB game, not "Sanctum of Slime". Anyone else have any suggestions for what a good RGB game would entail?

What are everyone's feelings on Slimer's role in the game?
I really like this RBG:TVG idea.

Slimer:
Maybe you can use slimer to find hidden treasures or unlockables... and to slime surounding Ghostbusters. The players can call out commands to slimer pointing at an object with their cross-hair. He reacts differently to the different objects you direct him to. If you point him towards trouble though he'll get scared and become useless momentarily. (Slimer should speak gibberish only).

Multiplayer:
Multiplayer co-op for local AND online. I want to be able to play multiplayer online or offline, and the main game should be multiplayer.

Janine?:
Would it be wierd if Janine was selectable too? 5 Player co-op? (of course if you owned a 360 you'd need to be online for the 5th player). I'm cool with it just being the 4 Ghostbusters, but I also say the more the merrier. It could be part of the plot that there is a major amount of supernatural activity in the city and the Ghostbusters could use an extra set of hands. (you know. to give the ladies someone to play)
By Vincenzo330
OK so the obvious episodes to adapt would be:

Flip Side
Citizen Ghost
Boogieman eps
Samhain eps.

What other classics should be incorporated?

On a side note it always pissed me off that there was no evil version of Winston in Flip Side, I'd love to see what he might have looked like, it would be cool if they included him in the game.
By RedVirtue
Vincenzo330 wrote:OK so the obvious episodes to adapt would be:

Flip Side
Citizen Ghost
Boogieman eps
Samhain eps.

Mr. Sandman Dream Me a Dream
Lost and Foundry - (opportunity for great golem ghosts)
The Collect Call of the Cathulhu
The Copycat (It would be fun to find out what objects are the ghost in disguise)
By AJStevens
Was only a minor detour to say that generally we don't want any part of Sactum of Slime in this hypothetical Real Ghostbusters game.

Also, I love every idea above, they're all excellent, and the Animated series gives more flexibility I think, Janine using a proton pack doesn't seem far fetched at all in the Animated series, but in the move/live action based... someone it does, *shrugs* maybe just me.

A must would be the full range of gadgets and vehicles from the show, and as said before need to have online/offline multiplayer and the same for single player (co-op), also, you should be able to mix number of offline and online players, at least being able to have 2 local players playing online, if not more.

Being able to use the main characters or create your own Ghostbuster is a must, I know Dan isn't keen on that idea, the Rookie in GB:TVG was very specific (no name, hardly seen, never heard, only there for training and then rushed off to setup a franchise elsewhere), met a specific use and then quickly moved on.

Maybe DLC episodes, I'd be happy paying for a constent stream of GB content, new levels/maps/achievements, a weapon upgrade/addition now and then would be great too.
By dfak2009
If this game were to go ahead i'd love to see the parade level that was takin out of the last game to be included

Obviously i want the game to be true to RGB but that would be a good suprise to have hidden in there somwhere ;)
By Derrico13
Vincenzo330 wrote:OK so the obvious episodes to adapt would be:

Flip Side
Citizen Ghost
Boogieman eps
Samhain eps.

On a side note it always pissed me off that there was no evil version of Winston in Flip Side, I'd love to see what he might have looked like, it would be cool if they included him in the game.
It would be great if the start of the game (tutorial) was based on Mrs. Rogers Neighborhood or The Thing in Mrs. Faversham's Attic. You could start at the house, scan random items, learn how to use your equipment on haunted (but basically mundane and easy to stop) objects, only to have the first mini-boss be Watt (with bird) or the Attic Monster.

Also, agree that Flip Side is an absolute must somewhere in the theoretical game. If I could ever fight the Peoplebusters in a video game, I think my life would be complete. They would need to introduce Flip Side Winston (maybe hype the game up with a "Design Peoplebusters Winston" contest?) and have unlockable skins/later dlc where you can play as the Peoplebusters.

Speaking of unlockable skins, that would be a must. Other than alternate color uniforms, playing as Citizen Ghosts/Peoplebusters would be great, as would some other ones. Possessed Peter with giant hair and bird on head would be hilarious. Any other skins people would like to see?
By RedVirtue
Derrico13 wrote:It would be great if the start of the game (tutorial) was based on Mrs. Rogers Neighborhood or The Thing in Mrs. Faversham's Attic. You could start at the house, scan random items, learn how to use your equipment on haunted (but basically mundane and easy to stop) objects, only to have the first mini-boss be Watt (with bird) or the Attic Monster.

Also, agree that Flip Side is an absolute must somewhere in the theoretical game. If I could ever fight the Peoplebusters in a video game, I think my life would be complete. They would need to introduce Flip Side Winston (maybe hype the game up with a "Design Peoplebusters Winston" contest?) and have unlockable skins/later dlc where you can play as the Peoplebusters.

Speaking of unlockable skins, that would be a must. Other than alternate color uniforms, playing as Citizen Ghosts/Peoplebusters would be great, as would some other ones. Possessed Peter with giant hair and bird on head would be hilarious. Any other skins people would like to see?
Great ideas. I personally would like them to have the Pilot Episode uniforms and proton packs for a skin That would give me a serious nerdgasm. Go all out and give Venkman and Spengler the different hair with this skin too:

It would be funny if they had skins based on the different toys too. Not that I would use them but it broadens the selection:
By Xander.EXE
one of the big reasons this game would never be is licencing. The cost of that plus all the operational costs would far outweight the return. as a Deveolper myself i have seen how pricey these sorts of licences can be. the only possible way you could do it is a fan made "unofficial" game that would be non profit so as to lower the risks of sony's laywers hunting you down.
if all the GBfans pulled together to cover the cost of the licencing you might get lucky with a smaller Dev team but that os highly unlikely. this is one of the issues that the guys that are Dev'ing sanctum of slime but alas i think it will definitely be a pipe dream.
By dfak2009
Xander.EXE wrote:one of the big reasons this game would never be is licencing. The cost of that plus all the operational costs would far outweight the return. as a Deveolper myself i have seen how pricey these sorts of licences can be. the only possible way you could do it is a fan made "unofficial" game that would be non profit so as to lower the risks of sony's laywers hunting you down.
if all the GBfans pulled together to cover the cost of the licencing you might get lucky with a smaller Dev team but that os highly unlikely. this is one of the issues that the guys that are Dev'ing sanctum of slime but alas i think it will definitely be a pipe dream.
Look i dont know alot about video game politics or any of that bull
but WHY can't they make a video game based on the most popular cartoon of a franchise that's made so much money and still is IMO.
Plus look at all the MERCHANDISE their throwing at us right now,
everyone including me is eating up because MOST of us wanna see GB3 happen and sony want's us to buy their GB MERCH!!!
Plus not ALL of us agree that the GB MERCHANDISE that's released now is exaclty what we all want
EXAMPLE MARSHMALLOW PLUSH TOY, MEGO STYLE RGB'S, PROTON PACK BACK PACKS ETC so why not make something for the fans that we'd all buy like... RGBTVG!!! :cool:

Sorry for my rant but i think this would make a really great game especially if there was enough interest in it and would make a great piece to add to all of our collections, so please try not leaving comment's on why it WONT get made and more IDEA'S on what would WORK and LOOK good as a game we'd ALL want as GBFANS!!! :D

Ok, so some of my idea's for RGBTVG!! I'd like to see that in between level's you can use the firehouse as in GBTVG
but actually be able to respond to calls left on the answering machine and they'd be side missions or mini games, maybe even put a fully loaded trap into the containment unit then learn all the specifics of the ghost you just put away.

It would be nice to be able to roam the street's in the
ECTO-1 or maybe even the ECTO-2 but only those two vehicles!!

Also if this HYPOTHETICAL game was released they could use certain cut scenes from the show
to correspond with the episodes used to help make the game plus use the GB logo just before levels saying
we now return to the real ghostbusters using Arsenio Hall/Frank Welker's voice overs to try make it as close to the original show :D
By Nicholszz
Heh, darn Merchandise is always sold out. Then we need to pay double almost triple the original price if we want them! BAH.

I think this idea could fly, and I'd play it for sure!As long as its not like. "Slimer: And the Real Ghostbusters!" I am sure fans will approve.
By Xander.EXE
"dfak2009" Look i dont know alot about video game politics or any of that bull
but WHY can't they make a video game based on the most popular cartoon of a franchise that's made so much money and still is IMO.

lol i never said i didnt want this to happen i would love a RGBTVG to come out but some people were wondering if something like this could be made i was just giving a realistic answer, but even having said that who knows what will come. If GB3 hits big it would probably generate enough interest and im sure it probably will get made i mean take a look at ninja turtles thats been repackaged and re-released yes with different storylines but theres been at least 4 games based on the new cartoon.
all i was saying was at the moment its not likely. but as you did say we should talk about what would make a great game. i agree with most here the game should use the GTA engine but i also think it should have bits from most of the GB games to date like from the very fist one it would be awesome to have to go back to the firehouse and clean your traps out in the contaiment unit and select a character, pick up jobs from Janine research new equipment etc... and it would be a must to follow the show and even have unlockable chars like robobuster etc.
flying around in ecto 2 would be pretty sweet also. i'd even wouldnt mind seeing a "create a buster" so you could put yourself in it. or even just a free roam type mode where you basicly just create your own franchise and play the game.
By dfak2009
COME ON GUY'S!!!!!!
Give the RGB some love and idea's????
Dont tell me none of you would'nt like to see RGBTVG become a reality???

This page has over 800 views not even 50 comments :sigh:

HELP ME OUT HERE PPL PLEASE:D
By Some_Guy
No.
They did. They made a GI Joe game, Transformers game, My Little Pony even has a few games...

All of those series came out in the 1980s with Ghostbusters, and they're all still around; Except The Real Ghostbusters. My Little Pony and Transformers even got a reboot; heck I think GI Joe did too.

You tell me.
By Some_Guy
dfak2009 wrote:it would be AWESOME!!!!!
To a small portion of the community. It wouldn't be worth it in sales to produce a game. And besides,

We already had an RGB Game:
By dfak2009
Ok i see what you're saying Some_Guy, but would you NOT want an RGB game something like what cam out in 2009 with cartoon style graphics and based completly on the animated series with GTA style driving modes and so on???

What would be your input if this was such a game???
By skankerzero
I doubt it will ever happen.

Sony told us to not reference the cartoon in any way in GB:TVG. (I don't think they like it very much) I managed to sneak in a couple references here and there though.

Heck, we even had cartoon colored flight suits as unlockables in there at one point.
Oh, and don't forget my ethereal GB models straight from Citizen Ghost.
By VenomSymbiote
The one that comes to mind most, Skanker, is the real world version of the RGB PKE Meter. I was sad I couldn't pick it up and replace the PKE with it. Also the Citizen Ghost jump suits you mentioned some time ago by the containment unit. Any chance at all Sony doesn't seem to want them used much is because they're kicking the idea around of making one? A guy can dream, but I do doubt it'll happen. If a new game came up I would really like to see Samhain as a main villain, appearances by Boogeyman and Grundel too.

Skanker, any chance we could get a look at the unused Ethereal GB models you've mentioned a few times? I'm curious what you came up with. A shame they weren't added.

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement […]

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/37016683[…]

Between the terror dogs in GB1 and the Boogieman i[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with disas[…]