By janderson0719
What size ribbon loop clamp should I use? I have the one sold from GBfans shop and it seems waaay too small for my ribbon. I have a madeinsocal's GB 1 ribbon and I know for a fact it's not gonna fit.
Last edited by janderson0719 on February 9th, 2011, 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Solid Malice
I bought one the other night at Lowe's now that I'm starting a pack... And since I work in the hardware dept and all I've been doing is seeing what corners I can cut too. I got the 1", Should be in Hardware in the speciality drawers. Hillman does all those parts/drawers so it's going to be in drawer K9 (yeah it doesn't change store to store). Also I'm skipping out on Clippard barbs for 90 Degree Grease Fittings Metric 10-1.00, drawer J9.
By Phish4dinner
Of all the photos of his gb1 Ribbon Cables i've seen used in various build threads, each one has the normal loop clamp.. You must be doing something a little off. Try using some cable wire ties to keep it twisted as you work your way up and hook it before you go out and spend money on a non-screen used part :-D

By Spengler28
I looked to buy a 1" Clamp from a local companie and they have 2 models

Both are 1' but one are 3/4" wide with a .41" mounting hole and the other 9/16" wide with a 17/64" mouning hole (seem too small for the 10-32 allen screw but can be re-drilled)

Advice??

Bad news i must buy a pack of 10 but they are not so expensive, i could offer them to the shop or member.

I know a lot of you will say they can buy them in their local hardware store but here in Quebec its another story, at leat in my hometown :P
By janderson0719
gEkX wrote:check out Lowes or Home depot. I forget what section they are in but ask someone to direct you to the rubber cushioned steel clamps. they have many different sizes. I want to say I went with either the 1" or 1/2".
I work at Home Depot myself. I know they have the exact rubber clamps in the Electrical dept. I'll probably buy a 3/4 or 1 inch clamp for my cable. I'm far from crossing that bridge but thanks everyone for the input.

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]