Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By Bradester
So I made a Facebook page in hopes a billion people will join, in order to show support for Bill Murray doing GB3. (Similar to getting Betty White to do SNL). Join up and spread the work if you like!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bill-Mur ... 2386235817
By MyNameIsPeck
I'm sure Bill Murray knows fans want him to do this or not do this (depending on which fan you are). I don't think a Facebook page is going to change his mind one way or another but I certainly see no harm in trying it. That said, if I were to take Mr. Murray's comments on Howard Stern as gospel he is leaning toward doing the movie as a sort of "favor" to Ivan Reitman (if I am not misinterpreting his words anyway).
By lounge_act
Hey, at the end of the day, if he's sitting on The Late Show with David Letterman, and during the interview David says :

:sigh:David Letterman : "So Bill uhh..., what about this uhh...uh... big....Facebook campaign people have launched about you, what do you think about that??"

:cool:Bill Murray : "I have no idea what you're talking about"

:sigh:David Letterman : "You haven't seen it? Almost 800,000 want you to be in the next Ghostbusters movie"

Bill thinks "Hell, maybe its worth a shot, seeing people are actually interested, and have that much hope for me to do it.

I like the Facebook idea. It made Rage Against The Machine get #1 in the UK, at Christmas 2009.
Anything can happen.
By Bradester
Well then how about you people do Plan A and post a pic of yourself holding a WE WANT BILL sign? Nobody has done it yet!
By corruptparadise
lounge_act wrote:Hey, at the end of the day, if he's sitting on The Late Show with David Letterman, and during the interview David says :

:sigh:David Letterman : "So Bill uhh..., what about this uhh...uh... big....Facebook campaign people have launched about you, what do you think about that??"

:sigh:David Letterman : "You haven't seen it? Almost 800,000 want you to be in the next Ghostbusters movie"

Bill thinks "This is what got me to do Garfield 2... SMH"

Anything can happen.
fixed.
By lounge_act
corruptparadise wrote:
lounge_act wrote:Hey, at the end of the day, if he's sitting on The Late Show with David Letterman, and during the interview David says :

Bill thinks "This is what got me to do Garfield 2... SMH"

Anything can happen.
fixed.
lol... I don't see how doing Ghostbusters III is going to affect his "career". Its not like he's asked to be in any big movies this last... decade. We had "broken flowers" and "Zombieland" playing himself... do you really think playing in a movie like GB3 would destroy his career? At this point, I don't think he has anything to worry about. Doing it could even save his career...
By Vincenzo330
All I want to add to this is that Bill Murray, just the other day on Stern, admitted to being completely out of the loop technologically. He will never see a facebook page, nor a Twitter trend, nor any online petition. He does not have a smart phone and avoids the internet. He doesn't even have an agent to point him to any of this. You're wasting your time as well as the time of anyone who participates. Not to mention, it's a pretty "fanboy" thing to do.
By lounge_act
Vincenzo330 wrote:All I want to add to this is that Bill Murray, just the other day on Stern, admitted to being completely out of the loop technologically. He will never see a facebook page, nor a Twitter trend, nor any online petition. He does not have a smart phone and avoids the internet. He doesn't even have an agent to point him to any of this. You're wasting your time as well as the time of anyone who participates. Not to mention, it's a pretty "fanboy" thing to do.
Already said this here :
lounge_act wrote:

I wonder who approached him to do the voice over for the game... might not have been facebook, but people do use it a lot, maybe people that interview him Like Jimmy Kimmel, and Howard Stern?
By Vincenzo330
lounge_act wrote:I wonder who approached him to do the voice over for the game... might not have been facebook, but people do use it a lot, maybe people that interview him Like Jimmy Kimmel, and Howard Stern?
Are you suggesting that he's not aware and hasn't been approached yet regarding the 3rd movie? I think it's been well established that he's completely aware that everyone around him wants to make a 3rd film.

He's bombarded with it non-stop, which is more than likely where his disdain for it comes from. So ask yourself, "is something like this helping or hurting his chances of signing on?"
By lounge_act
Some_Guy wrote:I don't think I've ever seen anything on Facebook accomplish anything outside of Facebook.
Well, someone....guy.... started a facebook petition to get Rage against the machine's "Killing in the name" to number 1, in 2009!

Here's the proof : http://www.facebook.com/ratm4xmas

Edit : Oh, and they reached number 1 in the charts that Christmas, thanks to that facebook campaign.
By lounge_act
Vincenzo330 wrote: He's bombarded with it non-stop, which is more than likely where his disdain for it comes from. So ask yourself, "is something like this helping or hurting his chances of signing on?"
If it was me personally, and the public wanted me to be the character i was best known for, for one final movie, and ever other person asked me to do it.... I dont think it would turn me off the idea. I would be flattered that aftet so many years, people want more of it.

Strike while the iron is hot, Bill. This may be your last chance. Or else we could do the flower movie again, or a "lost in translation" sequel
By lounge_act
Vincenzo330 wrote:Rage the machine probably uses facebook.
They probably do, but it was the public that made them number 1 in the UK, with the 10year old song (around), because of the want/passion.
By Some_Guy
So one thing happened, and it was to get a song that's 10 years old on the top of UK music chart list for probably a whole day then sank back to the bottom where it belonged.

Whoop dee doo.

Also good God learn how to multi-quote in posts.
By lounge_act
Some_Guy wrote:So one thing happened, and it was to get a song that's 10 years old on the top of UK music chart list for probably a whole day then sank back to the bottom where it belonged.

Whoop dee doo.

Also good God learn how to multi-quote in posts.
You're funny lol.

I'm just showing you how facebook has actually done something outside of facebook, because you are wrong.
You shouldn't get so upset about it :(
By lounge_act
Josh Foote wrote:A facebook petition?

TALK ABOUT LEVERAGE!!!!

YOUR MOVE MR. BILL MURRAY
You know life it good when you start bashing other people and their ideas on a forum.

Good call, i'm sure you are a good guy in general, but.... y'know...
By Bradester
Play nice boys. As for my Facebook page, it's just as much for us as it is for Bill. A little fun never hurt anybody and we pretty much ALL are fanboys whether you want to admit it or not. So join that Facebook page, post a WE WANT BILL photo and enjoy.
By Bradester
devilmanozzy wrote:I have "Liked" and shared as well. I don't see how this will do anything (123 liked....not big number), but it doesn't hurt anything either. :whatever:
It's all for fun. Of course nobody seems to be even trying to contribute except me, but oh well.
By Bradester
joeghostbuster wrote:it's official! 124!

I think Ghostbusters 9 will be made before that FB site gets a billion likes lol
Well if people would help make it fun it might go faster!
By AJ Quick
lounge_act wrote::sigh:David Letterman : "So Bill uhh..., what about this uhh...uh... big....Facebook campaign people have launched about you, what do you think about that??"

:sigh:David Letterman : "You haven't seen it? Almost 125 people want you to be in the next Ghostbusters movie"

Bill thinks "... what a bunch of losers."
FIXED
By Bradester
Vincenzo330 wrote:OMG!!! IT HAPPENED!!!! IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!!!!! TELL EVERYONE!!!!!! GHOSTBUSTERS 3 IS FINALLY COMING!!!!!

http://blog.moviefone.com/2011/04/01/bi ... busters-4/

I did I did! I posted it to the FB page 45 minutes ago! Its simply amazing!!!

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]