By madeinsocal6
[quote="janderson0719"]Cyland... nice pedal. You seem to have a very accurate looking pedal.

Parksdesign and I were having a discussion on how the GB1 pedal looks and your looks dead on.

Is that a black d-sub and what kind of ribbon is that? I know it's different from GB2 pedal[/quote]

Looking at this reference photo you will notice that the 20 pin 3M header and ribbon cable are not used on the GB1 pedal:

The 3M header used on the GB1 pedals are much larger then the 20 pin header. It's actually a 26 pin header. You'll also notice that the 20 pin header has the 20 brass pins sticking out the back which the GB1 pedal doesn't have, just like 26 pin header.

Because the header is a 26 pin header and not a 20 pin header, the ribbon cable will also have to be a 26 pin ribbon cable and not the 20 pin cable most use:

The size of the 26 Pin ribbon cable will give you the look the GB1 trap pedal has in the reference pic above. Or it'll look like Cyland's trap since that's what it seems he used:

This 20 pin black card edge also seems to be strictly only on the GB2 pedal:

GB2 Pedal:

Also check out the pics from the Reference section: http://www.gbfans.com/equipment/reference/2/20/

They way the ribbon cable goes into the D-hood is hard to see in the GB1 pedal reference picture. Maybe Cyland knows how it's connected to that side of the pedal.

Kind of looks like it's just pushed in there.

By parksdesign
I was wondering if the d-hood wasn't flipped with the cable going into the hole on the other side.

It's also obvious that the d-hood is black on the GB1 pedal. Looks like the reference section here needs to be updated.
Last edited by Vincenzo330 on March 27th, 2011, 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Please don't quote entire picture threads.
By Cyland Props
Mine is just a grey d-hood sprayed black and the ribbon is bolted from the inside to the side box, I think I even epoxied it then the cover is screwed on. It does seem that that is what they used.

Flipped? No look at that way the cable goes in there it's not all bunched up to fit through that small hole.

For GBII the connector shown here:

Was trimmed down and flipped so the side facing the d-hood was out.

My Trap pedal up there must be 10yrs old I didn't have time to build a new one so I just redressed my one I built a long time ago.
By janderson0719
irricanian wrote:Does the 26 pin header fit on the Hammond 1591L box?
It appears not to be a perfect fit. There seems to be a little over hang from the 26 pin.
By parksdesign
janderson0719 wrote:
It appears not to be a perfect fit. There seems to be a little over hang from the 26 pin.
Looks like it overhangs on the bottom on the screen used pedal too though. Should be fine if you have put little feet on your pedal base.

Well, I've already sourced the 26 pin header and I have the cable already. Colin sent me a black d-sub a while back so I should be able to make this thing accurate without much hassle. :sigh:
By Cyland Props
The correct answer is, yes, it fits just like the one that you see in the movie. It was something that I discovered while doing my research for my trap run.

Oh and you'll also notice the sticker on top of the relay in this shot:
By irricanian
parksdesign wrote:Sorry for hijacking your thread too Colin. I think we've learned some things though.
No problem, this is good though. The more info available the more people might tackle this project, it really is an overlooked prop by many. Perhaps when everything gets worked out we can come up with a definitive list of the parts for reference for everyone.

Cyland, do you have a closeup of that sticker on top of the relay?
By parksdesign
irricanian wrote:
parksdesign wrote:Sorry for hijacking your thread too Colin. I think we've learned some things though.
No problem, this is good though. The more info available the more people might tackle this project, it really is an overlooked prop by many. Perhaps when everything gets worked out we can come up with a definitive list of the parts for reference for everyone.

Cyland, do you have a closeup of that sticker on top of the relay?
Ive been zooming and enhancing the hd pedal shot from the movie this morning. I think it's a danger label like the one on the side of the gun. Just my opinion, but I usually have a pretty good eye for those sorts of details.
By janderson0719
parksdesign wrote:
Cyland Props wrote:Yep that's it.

The upper fitting was probably a legris as well since the nycoils weren't used on the GB1 props.
is there that big a difference?
Legris doesn't have the red "thingy" on the bottom like Nycoil. Couldn't think of the name other than red "thingy" :whatever:
By Cyland Props
Thought I'ld pull these into this thread:

You can't operate a trap without a pedal:

janderson0719 wrote: Legris doesn't have the red "thingy" on the bottom like Nycoil. Couldn't think of the name other than red "thingy" :whatever:
Hose ejector. The legris fitting is also shorter and has a brass hex screw. It might have had a grey ring but there really isn't a whole of reference.
By janderson0719
I'm actually looking really forward to building mine as soon as my parts come in. The pedal will be my first official build. I think I'll be able to build the pedal in one day. Seems easy enough...
By parksdesign
janderson0719 wrote:I'm actually looking really forward to building mine as soon as my parts come in. The pedal will be my first official build. I think I'll be able to build the pedal in one day. Seems easy enough...
Do you have something to use as your bellow/spring? I've got an extra foot of it that I bought from McCaster.
By parksdesign
Next thing to do is to figure out what this lettering and diagram is on the 26 pin header. At first, I thought it looked like the old White Westinghouse logo but I don't think they made computer parts. I guess it's just some kind of wiring diagram and a string of numbers. Anyone know?
pedal-diagram.jpg

I wish I wasn't 95% done with my pedal, I would just start a build thread.

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo f[…]

@GBfan77 No when I turn it off it still keeps firi[…]

Just to throw my experience in there. I've bough[…]

I haven't had Xbox Live for a while, but I'm consi[…]