gEkX wrote: Where did you order this from?
*Brushed silver foil labels*
Product OL177SP - Weatherproof Silver Polyester Laser - 8.5" x 11" Full Sheet Label With No Back Slit Labels
http://www.onlinelabels.com/Products/OL177SP.htm

*White labels*
Product OL177LP - Weatherproof Polyester Laser - 8.5" x 11" Full Sheet Label With No Back Slit Labels
http://www.onlinelabels.com/Products/OL177LP.htm

This is my current source. Both require a color laser printer.
I know it's kind of late in the game, but if you're striving for accuracy, based on the upper curvature of the leg of the R and the lack of the spur on the bottom of the G in this picture of the Sony pack, I'd wager that the font on the DANGER labels is Univers Black for the headline and Univers Bold for the body as opposed to Arial as you're using now:

WeeMadHamish wrote:I know it's kind of late in the game, but if you're striving for accuracy, based on the upper curvature of the leg of the R and the lack of the spur on the bottom of the G in this picture of the Sony pack, I'd wager that the font on the DANGER labels is Univers Black for the headline and Univers Bold for the body as opposed to Arial as you're using now:
I had an inkling that Arial was not correct from the get go... I ran through the handful of fonts I had on CD and some I'd purchased for class projects back in the day but wasn't finding anything closer. I'd wager you're probably correct.

I'm prepping to move across town within the next month, so I'll be unable to rework the fonts for a little bit, but I would like to get these as accurate as I can. I will get to them the next chance I get. I'll just have to get ahold of Univers first, which shouldn't be a problem.
jackdoud wrote:
parksdesign wrote:I think it's just gray.
You're looking at the wrong label. The grey one is there for people who want it. The pro version is supposed to be printed on silver foil, there are labels on the sheet that are just text that, when printed on foil, will be the correct silver label.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that the accurate labels were just gray and not silver. But please correct me if I'm wrong, so I can print a silver one. That's just what I was told.
parksdesign wrote:I wonder why they did all these metallic labels and left that one gray.
Likely the metalic ones were from a sheet they had sitting around and the non-metalics were ones they had printed up. Or they just had 2 different sets of lables and pulled whatever off of each.
I come bearing gifts: labels with the proper Univers font on the DANGER labels!

Pro Revision 10: https://sites.google.com/site/valentino ... ects=0&d=1

Basic Revision 8: https://sites.google.com/site/valentino ... ects=0&d=1
FunkPunkTwang wrote:so when are you legends gonna do trap labels?
I'm more than willing to make a trap/goggles label sheet combo or something... but since I haven't made a trap yet, I haven't done any of the research on the labels one would need. If someone wants to cobble together a good set of reference material for me, I'll start in on it... otherwise, I just don't have the time or motivation to start hunting for the info currently.
Isn't the trap just 2 of the large metallic square labels cut up and one small danger label?

The goggles have 2 of the envelope decals, a small danger label and one of the metallic square labels but reversed red on metal lettering.
parksdesign wrote:Isn't the trap just 2 of the large metallic square labels cut up and one small danger label?

The goggles have 2 of the envelope decals, a small danger label and one of the metallic square labels but reversed red on metal lettering.
This past halloween I made some goggles, so I've got the required decals for those... as for the trap, looking at this image:

I see a large white decal with information on it, and a small triangle "stop mark" near the knob. After a quick glance over some of the other reference pictures, I see some of the other stickers from the pack set, as you mentioned.

If I were to make a "basic" and "pro" set of decals for the trap, I'd probably include the striped caution lines to stick on the top of the doors for people that just want to throw together a quick trap.

All of these things would require more information and measurements. Again, if someone wants to work with me on this, that would be great...

..but I just moved and don't have the time to devote to doing all of the work myself right now.
I see a large white decal with information on it, and a small triangle "stop mark" near the knob. After a quick glance over some of the other reference pictures, I see some of the other stickers from the pack set, as you mentioned.

If I were to make a "basic" and "pro" set of decals for the trap, I'd probably include the striped caution lines to stick on the top of the doors for people that just want to throw together a quick trap.

All of these things would require more information and measurements. Again, if someone wants to work with me on this, that would be great...

..but I just moved and don't have the time to devote to doing all of the work myself right now.
I don't know how I forgot those. If I get a chance, I might take a crack at the trap labels. I've also got this decal for the header on the trap pedal that I've been working on. Might want to add that to your trap labels if everyone approves.
After viewing some reference material...I think the font weight on the copy of the N-filter label is too light. I think it might be bold too.

The small red labels and the label for the PPD look right to me though. It looks like only the gray N-filter label is the Odd ball.
After everything I've gone through with my pack... getting the rights labels is a B! I keep putting the labels off, scared to put something on then something changes....
janderson0719 wrote:After everything I've gone through with my pack... getting the rights labels is a B! I keep putting the labels off, scared to put something on then something changes....
I know what you mean, man. I had all the non-metallic labels ready to go. Luckily I have printer access.

Glad to see ARIAL go away though. That typeface is shit and not worthy of our packs. :)
parksdesign wrote:After viewing some reference material...I think the font weight on the copy of the N-filter label is too light. I think it might be bold too.

The small red labels and the label for the PPD look right to me though. It looks like only the gray N-filter label is the Odd ball.
Can you link to some reference material that can clearly show the differences? The n-filter label derived from one that I believe (don't quote me) was posted by kind2311 sometime back...

I just did a quick glance back through the photos available here that actually feature the n-filter label and all of the pictures are too blurry to tell much.

It would seem to me that when they made the label originally, since it is identical to the other type except for color swaps, they wouldn't have reworked the font weight. I could be wrong.

As far as I saw it, it was just a matter of scaling the white on red DANGER labels to fit properly on the n-filter (from the references I saw, it looked like the top corners actually went up slightly onto the welds) and swapping the colors.

Again, I could be wrong. I just need some images that I can compare back and forth.
janderson0719 wrote:After everything I've gone through with my pack... getting the rights labels is a B! I keep putting the labels off, scared to put something on then something changes....
If it makes you feel better, I think the current decal sheets are better than what we had with the HPProps sheet. So most of the people walking around with stickers derived from those probably aren't as accurate as possible either.

...for that matter, with things like the gun-track label color being "up in the air" (as just one example), we will never be 100% accurate. I ended up throwing on both colors people thought it could be.

The bumper labels were all hand cut on the original packs. Some had rounded corners, some didn't. Hero packs and stunt packs differed widely from pack to pack. Browse through reference images hosted here and get a feel for how differently decal placement is.... one pack will have one sticker in a certain place (the lamp filament one comes to mind) and another one will have a different one. It gets hard to nail down what "accurate" means anymore...

..so I guess I'm just saying, at some point you'll just have to pull the trigger and decide it's close enough. I'm sure the labels will continue to evolve over time, much like that pack dimensions and composition have changed over the years. :cool:
parksdesign wrote:I'll see what I can do as far as providing reference.

What weights did you use? Univers Black and Univers Medium?
Univers Black and Univers Bold. I literally overlayed the pack used DANGER sticker that Volguus posted earlier in this thread in Illustrator to make it. Granted that was a white on red label, not the n-filter gray one.

Also, it looks like it was mburkit that provided the sample n-filter label earlier in this thread here: http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 65#p275265

I only used it as a size and color reference when I remade it in illustrator by scaling one of the red DANGER labels. Then, when WeeMadHamish pointed out the font error, I did the same thing with the Univers labels.

Any info you can find would be great.
valentino_42 wrote:
parksdesign wrote:I'll see what I can do as far as providing reference.

What weights did you use? Univers Black and Univers Medium?
Univers Black and Univers Bold. I literally overlayed the pack used DANGER sticker that Volguus posted earlier in this thread in Illustrator to make it. Granted that was a white on red label, not the n-filter gray one.

Also, it looks like it was mburkit that provided the sample n-filter label earlier in this thread here: http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 65#p275265

I only used it as a size and color reference when I remade it in illustrator by scaling one of the red DANGER labels. Then, when WeeMadHamish pointed out the font error, I did the same thing with the Univers labels.

Any info you can find would be great.
PM Sent
Alrighty little Ghostbustin' boys and girls, I'm back with some new revisions:

Basic Revision 9 - https://sites.google.com/site/valentino ... ects=0&d=1

Pro Revision 11 - https://sites.google.com/site/valentino ... ects=0&d=1

parksdesign was absolutely correct that the n-filter label features different weights of Univers than the other DANGER labels, so kudos to you sir.

As always, if any of you notice something you think is wrong, just let me know.

Thanks!

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]