By XxEctOxX
ok guys i never really leaked any progress pictures or nothing. i just said i had something cooking, and will it has for the past 3-4 months its a long time coming....but i know you guys are going to love it. I chose to be the Fright RGB Peter toy. from what i remember it was the first spin off from the originals(correct me if im wrong) but everyone had this one or the others. After that i think they took it way to far with the whole in space.... well they made alot of them. i just remember this one the most. I thought about bringing this to life a few months back and thinking ohhhh snap if i do this right its gunna be great! and well i love it, i hope you guys love it!

P.S. there are some things i didnt finish i know like painting the buckle yellow and the metal hooks yellow and what not. I will get to that. the gloves as you can see are peeling cuz they are originally black. i will repaint them soon. i took these pictures after a party thats why the costume is a little warn out. i will take better pics later.

ITS ALIVE!!!

By gbmatt
WOW....ok now that is freakin awsome!.....you should do the super fright peter next...for some reason i always loved the spaceish suit...not it being orange and blue though...ugh...great work...you continue to amaze me
By Donkey8012
Fan-freakin-tastic. Your attention to detail is amazing. I especially love how you remembered to wear ONE elbow pad. That always bugged me about the toys. You may want to put it on the other arm though. Anywho, this is one of the coolest costumes I've seen this year. Very original.
By Zack
that's amazing! I loved your RGB Egon and Peter costumes! I always wondered if someone would venture further into the RGB costume world...now all you need is © 1987 Columbia Pictures on your butt :D

Venkman always seemed to have the coolest figure suits...
Last edited by Zack on October 30th, 2007, 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By keoni
i didnt really think it would be possible for you to out do your self with your egon cos. but you did. you're taking this to new heights and it is freaking amazing. great job man!!!

here, :crunch: you've earned it
By jimmy_j_r
Great job. I do like how the gloves are peeling a bit. It kinda gives it the appearance that you are an old one kinda like how a lot of the old toys paint gets messed up or something like that. Again, great job!
By Radar
Wow! EXCELLENT work! Glad to see you got a patch in time, too. Next year you should be the Fright Features (?) Egon with the blue tie that pops up.
By Lewis Tully
Wow!
I remember these toys, and I remember always hating that none of them looked like Bill, Dan, Harold, or Eddie, but you are giving me a whole new respect for these toys! I checked out your RGB pack thread last night and needless to say I was beyond impressed! I can't wait to see what you do next!
JC
P.S. - I'm still the new guy... I know...
By XxEctOxX
you know guys i was a little upset. I was at a party this past saturday and people were like whoa thats intense but no one but 1 person knew who i was. they thought i was a ghostbusters but like a lifeguard ghostbuster. Gbprops should hold a party so someone would say oh man you are RGB fright peter i had the toy as a kid. Branching out in to other relems as far as fright and extreme and what not are fun for us. But for non Gbheads we are just ghostbusters... and they say hey if your a ghostbuster wheres your pack thing.... ahhhhhhhhhhh its art! its art! to please the masses u cant venture out as much. but u know what i loved the out come and i loved it enough to build it and i guess thats all that matters.
By thegreatgalling
THATS FREAKING AMAZING!!!!

I am suprised anyone in my generation who grew up with the toys didn't know who you are. Regardless it looks great and you are the RGB costume reigning King.
By ghoulishfright
Man, that's beyond sweet XxEctOxX ! :cool: I feel your pain about people not recognizing you though. I wore my flightsuit this Halloween (which is 100% accurate; belt accessories and all. just no pack/trap) and some people thought I was an air force pilot !!! What !???? ....Anyway, very good job. Excellent attention to detail, especially on the shoulder-chest straps. What are those made from by the way? It's funny because this particular figure (Fright-series Peter), is the only toy I have TWO of, and you just happened to choose it! So now I'm seein' triple Fright-Venkmans. or something. cool.

....The only big thing I noticed (not to be nit-picky) is that the proportions are a little weird. On the toy, the length seems to be divided into thirds (1/3 straps, 1/3 pants, 1/3 boots)... whereas you've got like 2/5 straps, 1/5 pants, 2/5 boots. Again not complaining, it just threw me off at first. You still get 10/10 stars for originality and effort. Great job!
By keoni
ghoulishfright wrote: Man, that's beyond sweet XxEctOxX ! :cool: I feel your pain about people not recognizing you though. I wore my flightsuit this Halloween (which is 100% accurate; belt accessories and all. just no pack/trap) and some people thought I was an air force pilot !!! What !????

saturday night we (me and a couple of buddies) had full gear on and one chick that was working at the bar we were didnt know who we were. needless to say she was made fun of by the other workers for the rest of the night. we also had 4...4 people ask us if we had bombs strapped to us. one guy standing next to us over heard a chick ask us that and he goes "are they wearing a turbin? NO! so they arent f***ing bombs!". i was laughing so hard as we walked away. what can i say though, people are dumb
By XxEctOxX
.The only big thing I noticed (not to be nit-picky) is that the proportions are a little weird. On the toy, the length seems to be divided into thirds (1/3 straps, 1/3 pants, 1/3 boots)... whereas you've got like 2/5 straps, 1/5 pants, 2/5 boots. Again not complaining, it just threw me off at first. You still get 10/10 stars for originality and effort. Great job!

i know i know. i was sooooooooooooo stressed on making the straps look on point that i failed in other dept. well not really, u see the boots i got off eBay that was the longest and hardest thing to find. Because well the boots featured on the toy are old school. and if you try looking for "Hip High Wader Boots" now they look a hell of a lot different. So everyday i did my search on eBay and came across this pair, and i was soooo pleased. They were actually much much longer. So i had to cut them and shorten them and that was a process in itself cause the machine i had wasn't strong enough. And i couldn't really see what it would look like with the suit cause it didn't come in yet. So while i was painting the boots i got the suit and i was like crap there to long... well maybe someday ill get around to it. same goes for the gloves. I couldn't find anything online that didn't sell them as just one pair. I had to buy like 20 pairs... wack. so i had to go to a lot of Safety stores and this one store had a pair on a mannequin and they were old school and i told him i really need them. i didn't have time to trim them cause the party i had to go to with this costume was the next day. i don't want this to get to long but as far as the straps i just messed up on my part. I was so stressed on making it perfect that i had to make each piece a little bit bigger so the details would show. and it ended up being 4 inches to long.
By PeteVenkman_Jedi
Amazing job on the Fright Suit. I had the figure, probably still do somewhere...
I can understand how some people wouldn't get the costume, but whatever, some folks don't even know about the cartoon. I think what you've done looks very cool.

One question about the flightsuit, did you buy it tha color or dye it? I really like the dark grey.

And hats off for attention to detail on the yellow vest. Nicely done.
By XxEctOxX
hey thanks for the compliment. as far as the flight suit i ordered it from an army navy store. its the same as the ones on ebay. Its only one company that makes them and they are stopping the run of this color, sooooo they only have XXL and XXXL i had to buy a XXL and alter it.
By Rockerrob69
Looks good, just trim the gloves down a few inches and then trim te boots about a foot. Do it to the knees or just below. Just my 2 cents. Great job though! :)
By Dan AKA
Im not sure how I missed this Fernando. Im glad this thread resurfaced so more people could see your wonderfully skill full work. An oldie but a goodie buddy!
By XxEctOxX
Thx dan! Yes it's something I never finished. It was almost done but after I got the public's input all I got was are u like a ghoustbuster fisherman. So after getting a lot of that I didn't have the thrive to finalize it. Sad...

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]