Mattypalooza is underway at San Diego Comic Con and Ghostbusters Fans has the inside scoop of the upcoming figures to be released from Mattel over the next 6 months.

6" Figures
Aug 2011: Ready to Believe You Egon Spengler (with Library Ghost)
Oct 2011: Ghostbusters 2 Slime Blower Ray Stantz (with Cinema Ghost)
Dec 2011: Vigo the Carpathian
Jan 2012: Ready to Believe You Peter Venkman (with Taxi Ghost)
April 2012: Club Ecto-1 Exclusive Rookie Ghostbuster
April 2012: Dana Barrett as Zuul

12" Figures
Oct 2011: Peter Venkman & Winston Zeddemore 12" 2 Pack
Spring 2012: Ray Stantz & Egon Spengler 12" 2 Pack

Retro Action
Fall 2011: Janine Melnitz & Samhain 2-Pack with Accessories & 22" Firehouse Diorama. (Toys R Us Exclusive)

Prop Replicas
Oct 2011: Ghost Trap Prop Replica for $120.

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Thanks for Vincenzo330 of the So-Cal Ghostbusters and Toy Ark for up to the minute details.
So overall 3 new 6" figures, some of the Mego stuff, and a trap. Can't complain.
Anyone snag a picture of the Rookie? He's a favorite! I would love to see a 12 inch with his pack - I would love all the cool lights on the side. If I could own one prop, it would be the Rookie's pack from the beginning of the Ghostbusters game. If only I had the time and know-how to build one!
JediChris1138 wrote:Anyone snag a picture of the Rookie? He's a favorite! I would love to see a 12 inch with his pack - I would love all the cool lights on the side. If I could own one prop, it would be the Rookie's pack from the beginning of the Ghostbusters game. If only I had the time and know-how to build one!
Prototype pic:

A rookie is better than no rookie, but I'd rather have the the proton pack maxed out with all attachments. Kind of like it is not coming to 2012. Too many great figures, rgb figures, ecto, stay puft, and trap are eating my Christmas money all up. Ouch, but good ouch.
aburns84 wrote:A rookie is better than no rookie, but I'd rather have the the proton pack maxed out with all attachments. Kind of like it is not coming to 2012. Too many great figures, rgb figures, ecto, stay puft, and trap are eating my Christmas money all up. Ouch, but good ouch.
Keep in mind we're only seeing the prototype... I'm sure more details will come out once reports from the panel come out. Maybe they said they're going to retool his pack.
Doctor Venkman wrote:http://www.toyark.com/news/san-diego-co ... rage-4381/

Scroll down here for pictures guys.

The Retro Action set looks great... and so does everything else honestly!

We're getting both paintings with Vigo... lenticular, and then it looks like the 4 guys and Oscar on the back.
Thanks for the Link! Everything looks brilliant! Looks like the got the goggles right on the Rookie!
still not going to join the ecto-1 club, but i need the Rookie figure, I like that the trap attaches to his belt, i also see a pke meter attached to his belt.
I hope that the pke meter and the goggles are going to be removable.
I also hope they will add the flashlight and walkie talkie to the shoulder straps, and the additional equipment to the pack, if they don't put the equipment on to the pack i would still be ok with it
Makuta wrote:still not going to join the ecto-1 club, but i need the Rookie figure, I like that the trap attaches to his belt, i also see a pke meter attached to his belt.
I hope that the pke meter and the goggles are going to be removable.
I also hope they will add the flashlight and walkie talkie to the shoulder straps, and the additional equipment to the pack, if they don't put the equipment on to the pack i would still be ok with it
I just ordered 2 subscriptions... that Rookie figure is just awesome in my opinion... and its just a prototype. I have full confidence the final version will be amazing, but regardless I like what I'm seeing from Mattel right now.
Carpeteria wrote:So the Dana figure is going to be a... statue? Not so great.
this might jsut be is super early development, the statue might just be to show what they are going after for the figure and later figure out how to add joints.

Dr.D wrote:If you look close at the Rookie's trap, it has the Game mods on it.
it doesn't look like it to me, the one on his waist is a plain looking trap, and it looks like he will come with a separate trap that can open, on the opening one i don't see the game mods just the hinge for the door to open.

Hey guys I've been doing some updating and adding […]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dol[…]

To repost what I said in the other thread: I don'[…]

GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

Hey everybody, this is my first post so let me kno[…]