Foos Bobaganoosh wrote:
xtrmn8r17 wrote:When will it be determined which design is used?
Now that the thread has devolved into a conversation about tummy sticks, this guy just wants to cut to the chase....lol.
AJ?
How do you know this thread wasn't originally about Tummy Sticks and devolved into some ID card nonsense, only to re-evolve to talk of Tummy Sticks... hmmm
Vincenzo330 wrote:
Foos Bobaganoosh wrote:Vince, you don't have any chest hair. That bothers me, so I'm gonna vote for McFly.

Get some chest hair and I might change my mind.
Hey, why don't you get some chest hair and maybe I'll vote for you. BAZINGA!!!
But then my husband wouldn't love me anymore. He's very shallow, you know.
Foos Bobaganoosh wrote:Vince, you don't have any chest hair. That bothers me, so I'm gonna vote for McFly.

Get some chest hair and I might change my mind.
Ding ding ding! Hey-oooo!!! And maybe I'll PM you a picture of MY chest hair. :cool:

...actually, probably not, cuz that's weird... and then your husband wouldn't love me anymore

Shane
Chace wrote:
Ron Daniels wrote: - I don't see non government entities carrying around government seals. I mean the local Pest Inspector is regulated by the EPA and OSHA, but his Orkin namebadge doesn't have all those seals.
Exactly why I don't think they'd care. No one else does is so we're not trying to "Pass" for anything.

Not to mention the use of the logo itself isn't illegal, its the attempt to pass it as official. For example you can go to a surplus store and get a shirt that says POLICE or a full military uniform. You can also wear them on the street. Same goes for my aforementioned xfiles FBI badge, and these logos in question. The legal line is crossed when you present yourself as official.

But even though I WOULD, I'll yeild that maybe you dont want to go as far as using the REAL EPA logo...of course the GBI RPG used a fake EPA logo on a photocopyable (sp?) document you were supposed to sign, so a fake logo is doable and COMPLETELY non-criminal

A good example is this guy we had on the news a while back. He owned an old police car and was caught sitting in it on the side of the road as if he were an officer patrolling traffic. When a REAL officer investigated he found the guy wearing a flak vest with "Department of Homefront Security" on it (yes homefront not homeland) He had a matching badge, cuffs, a billy club, and a glock 9mm. He was arrested and put on the news, charged with impersonation......then the charges were dropped because he hadn't actually pulled anyone over or said he was a cop, his badge belonged to a non-existant organization, and the firearm was legally owned and stored. He is now suing the city which plans to settle out of court.

Granted this is an extreme example and this guy PROBABLY was up to no good. But the point is he broke NO laws BECAUSE he used the emblems of a non-existant agency.

Basically saying a fake group was authorized by another fake group on a tag is no big deal. Besides, we don't have the rights to the Ghostbusters logo, and I'm sure Sony would be more keen on suing over merchandising than the Environmental Protection Agency would.

Poor guy!., :whatever: But he's kind of cool at all. :cool:
Chace wrote:
Ron Daniels wrote: - I don't see non government entities carrying around government seals. I mean the local Pest Inspector is regulated by the EPA and OSHA, but his Orkin namebadge doesn't have all those seals.
Exactly why I don't think they'd care. No one else does is so we're not trying to "Pass" for anything.

Not to mention the use of the logo itself isn't illegal, its the attempt to pass it as official. For example you can go to a surplus store and get a shirt that says POLICE or a full military uniform. You can also wear them on the street. Same goes for my aforementioned xfiles FBI badge, and these logos in question. The legal line is crossed when you present yourself as official.

But even though I WOULD, I'll yeild that maybe you dont want to go as far as using the REAL EPA logo...of course the GBI RPG used a fake EPA logo on a photocopyable (sp?) document you were supposed to sign, so a fake logo is doable and COMPLETELY non-criminal

A good example is this guy we had on the news a while back. He owned an old police car and was caught sitting in it on the side of the road as if he were an officer patrolling traffic. When a REAL officer investigated he found the guy wearing a flak vest with "Department of Homefront Security" on it (yes homefront not homeland) He had a matching badge, cuffs, a billy club, and a glock 9mm. He was arrested and put on the news, charged with impersonation......then the charges were dropped because he hadn't actually pulled anyone over or said he was a cop, his badge belonged to a non-existant organization, and the firearm was legally owned and stored. He is now suing the city which plans to settle out of court.

Granted this is an extreme example and this guy PROBABLY was up to no good. But the point is he broke NO laws BECAUSE he used the emblems of a non-existant agency.

Basically saying a fake group was authorized by another fake group on a tag is no big deal. Besides, we don't have the rights to the Ghostbusters logo, and I'm sure Sony would be more keen on suing over merchandising than the Environmental Protection Agency would.

That guy must be serious in impersonating yet what is much more funny is that " he hadn't actually pulled anyone over or said he was a cop".. :whatever:

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]