Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By spiff
Yes I did and I happy you like 'em. I was over on the Matty forums and thought I spied them in use against a terror dog :). Awesome pic by the way. I've been able to manipulate the mix a bit to get them stronger so now I'm just working on getting the glowing versions more translucent.

I love the way Egon looks too. Of course you'll now have to take it to the next level with a custom head that looks yours. Then you can play with yourself!

Er, i mean... Yeah Egon looks great!
By Dan Shannon
I know this project is over with and everything, but there was something really bothering me about the head of the Rookie

Look at his nose and look at his chin. The nose and chin look like they should be protruding out more than the head on the figure actually has going for it. Pity I didn't see this project sooner, i could have contributed something here.
By Ashe_Darkthorne
That is just a lil too much nitpicking. I to be honest think the figure is perfect considering the work he did on it. To nitpick it for side profile that is just a lil too Anal Retentive for me. lol
By joeghostbuster
I have some very sad news. I have got into a bad financial situation, and there's a very good chance I will have to sell the custom Rookie figure that Capt Cyan created for me. he put alot of blood sweat and tears into this, but I am in a money slump right now and Im going to have to sell ALL my Ghostbusters collectables, including my Mattel PKE meter and all my loose Matty figures - this includes the Rookie. I will give the Capt the chance to buy it first since he was the one who designed and built it. if he is not interested I will accept offers here first.
By Ashe_Darkthorne
joeghostbuster wrote:I have some very sad news. I have got into a bad financial situation, and there's a very good chance I will have to sell the custom Rookie figure that Capt Cyan created for me. he put alot of blood sweat and tears into this, but I am in a money slump right now and Im going to have to sell ALL my Ghostbusters collectables, including my Mattel PKE meter and all my loose Matty figures - this includes the Rookie. I will give the Capt the chance to buy it first since he was the one who designed and built it. if he is not interested I will accept offers here first.
sorry to hear that. Hope things turn around for you.
By Ashe_Darkthorne
joeghostbuster wrote:its my own fault, I have no one to blame by myself. think of me as the grasshopper from the "grasshopper and the ants" fable. basically its time for me to grow up and be responsible. I put it off too long.
I can understand that. I still hope things get better for you.
By Kingpin
That's the best way for things to go, it enters the possession of someone who appreciates the level of work put into it, and can give it the respect and protection it deserves, and will then be happy to return it when times become more positive.
By joeghostbuster
true, but I have to git rid of all my other Matty figures too. Im not even keeping all 4 main busters. if I had all 4 then I could see the point of having the Rookie too, since they are all in the videogame. as it is I am just keeping Egon and possibly the NECA slimer. so I told Capt if he has the chance to sell it for more then he is buying it back for, he should do it, because I dont think I'll ever start collecting the figures again.
By CaptCyan
Hey Joeghostbuster!

I won't sell the Rookie, but I will take him on tour to the NYC Comic Con when I go. I'll see if I can get the Matty people to let me put him in the Display next to their Rookie Figure so I can take some nice pictures. :wink: Between the Rookie, Hello Kitty and Ripped Ray Figures I think I can cause a small riot at the booth. :lol: Maybe I'll even bring an Ecto-Wrecto.
joeghostbuster wrote:haha nice man. I hope it happens! when is NYCCC? I will get him bundled up this weekend and shipped out early next week.
NYCC is Oct. 13th - 16th.

The Rookie showed up today, so he will be going.

I now have the unique opportunity to review my handiwork and give it a tweak here and there ( like adding that 2nd Ion Rod ). And a chance to better show off the "Dayglow" feature...

...by turning off the lights.

Got him to turn on the PKE Meter on his belt. :wink:

By CaptCyan
Only broken items are the two tips off the "Zip Ties" and the stem on the "Slime", both will be repaired later today. Otherwise, everything is good. :-D
By Mereel
Man, sorry to hear about having to sell off your collection joe, even moreso because that rookie figure really is OUTstanding!

Hopefully one day he can find his way back to you:)

Being able to see the Rook with the dayglow all lit up is SO COOL! I always thought it was a neat feature before, but it's really cool that it's not just one generic 'glowing' color, but all the correct colors glow!

And yeah, please take pics if you're able to show (up) Mattel's Rookie figure at the Con! It can't be a bad thing showing Mattel IN PERSON what their figures 'could be' if they only took the time & $$ to make them accurate.

Your rookie figure is still one of my all-time favorite customs, great to see it again!
By joeghostbuster
I told my nephew the other day that I'm thinking of NOT selling my figures after all. he literally jumped off the couch and hugged me! besides I already signed up for two 2012 subscriptions, it will be a pain in the arse selling a 2012 figure on ebay every time I get a new one. and hopefully if I have the money for it in the future, I can buy back the Rookie figure. so basically the Capt gave me a loan while he borrows my figure lol, he's such a good guy!
By chibigear
joeghostbuster wrote:I told my nephew the other day that I'm thinking of NOT selling my figures after all. he literally jumped off the couch and hugged me! besides I already signed up for two 2012 subscriptions, it will be a pain in the arse selling a 2012 figure on ebay every time I get a new one. and hopefully if I have the money for it in the future, I can buy back the Rookie figure. so basically the Capt gave me a loan while he borrows my figure lol, he's such a good guy!
I think that there is no trouble getting 'rid' of your subscrition figures. Just throw them in for sale here, and they will be picked up.

I'll get some from you..

I just happen to have one extra Venkman and one Winston loose. If I still have them when your financial status clears, they are yours, at a bargain.
By Knightmare10880
joeghostbuster wrote:I told my nephew the other day that I'm thinking of NOT selling my figures after all. he literally jumped off the couch and hugged me! besides I already signed up for two 2012 subscriptions, it will be a pain in the arse selling a 2012 figure on ebay every time I get a new one. and hopefully if I have the money for it in the future, I can buy back the Rookie figure. so basically the Capt gave me a loan while he borrows my figure lol, he's such a good guy!

That's good man, I'm glad yo hear you're not going to have to sell off your entire collection. Since you've got 2 subscriptions for next year why not sell off the extras of the ones you don't like.

The economy stuff is getting really bad and it's really rough for collectors I'm thinking about getting rid of a lot of my MOTUC and DC Universe Classics stuff, you collect all of this stuff and then you have nowhere to put it and plus personally I'd rather give it to someone that enjoy it a lot more than I have.
By CaptCyan
Hey Everyone!

The Rookie went to the NYC Comic Con. While he didn't get to stand in the display next to the Matty version, the Matty people were kind enough to take their Rookie out so we could do a side by side. These pictures are taken from my Flip Video. Funk Punk Twang (behind the figures) took some stills that I hope are a bit sharper.

Although you can't clearly see it, the face sculpt of the Matty Rookie isn't much different than our version. Joeghostbuster, you did a mighty fine job of finding that donor head. :nicejobyoudid:
By CaptCyan
No, fortunately, we found a nice corner in the Matty booth and were out of the main stream of people. I brought 4 Figures with me and I was surrounded by six GB Fans members and a few Matty people, so I didn't have to worry about any of the Figures taking a walk. Our version didn't leave my hands and I did get to inspect the Matty version close up.
By Mereel
WOW! I was really hoping to see these pics posted. Two things jump out at me straight away:

1. Just how GOOD this custom is. When compared next to Mattel's Rookie, the fit and finish of this custom really shines through. Seeing it out in the world, opposed to in a photo shoot really helps to show how much detail is packed into this thing, I mean you can really tell just how small (and in scale) you were able to get everything.

And 2. What could have been. . .for whatever reason, Mattel never really wanted to put the attention to detail into this line that was required. I know scale and mass production has a little to do with it, but come on.

I'll be happy to get the Rookie when it's available next year, but CaptCyan's custom will always be the standard of what could have been.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]