Have you accumulated a huge Ghostbusters Collection? Talk about what you have and show it off!
I used to buy toys every now and then from this lady that lives about a half hour away. She had 3 LARGE sheds (one roughly 12x40') full, top to bottom, of boxes of mint, packaged toys from the 80's. In this shed she had a COMPLETE collection of every Kenner GB action figure: the original line, the glow in the darks, the monsters, stay puft...

some kid decided to play with fire behind her sheds and burnt everything to the ground. she had almost every toy from the 80s and early 90s. ghostbusters, ninja turtles, aliens, you name it, all gone.

Can anything be salvaged? Obviously not in MOC shape but mint loose is good to.

I would be devastated if something like that happened to my toy collection.
JoeLuna33 wrote:Can anything be salvaged? Obviously not in MOC shape but mint loose is good to.

I would be devastated if something like that happened to my toy collection.
not really. ironically the only thing that looks like it might be salvageable out of over 1,000 MOC toys is 2-3 ghostbusters. everything else is completely burnt to oblivion. and even those 2-3 GB toys are questionable; probably warped or burnt somewhere.

Wow, that 2nd picture makes it look way worse. I am so sory to hear about this. I love toys and just could not imagine seeing this happen.
slave1pilot wrote:Kids will be kids and it was accidental, calling for murder is a bit extreme.
After all, they are just toys.
Agree on the first part, not on the second.

I'll point out there are some "toys" that command rediculous sums of cash, Action comics number one comes to mind offhand. Ghostbuster 3 would have been a perfect time to sell.

The owner lost a considerable investment, I'd be looking into the cause of the fire and someone being held to account.

On one hand it is noted that the seller had no insurance, on the other sheds just don't burn down by themselves.

Gary
joeghostbuster wrote:man that is terrible. i hope karma bites that kid in the ass in the future and he has something similar happen to him.
I agree, people often wonder what they did to derserve something... Karma has a way of b@#$ slapping people. Sorry to hear about this. The toys were probably her only means of supplementing her income.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]